ACN Inc?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by youngwby, May 2, 2006.

1. TiredOfTheBS

TiredOfTheBS New Member

I had three friends who joined ACN in 2007 and all their residual income and customer base dried up earlier this year because their customers switched services to something cheaper! They spent all their money trying to market ACN services back to their customers and I kept telling them - the only real way to make money in ACN like any MLM, is to keep on recruiting more and more people to join their "team."

Do the math and you'll see that ACN commission is a joke and doesn't make any sense at all unless you keep signing people up:

You only receive 1% for every $1000, and ACN only pays a minimum of $13. That means you need $1,300 in customer bills each month just to get a $10 check. The other $300 turns into a $3 fee for mailing a check. There is also a $150 annual fee. There are many things that they do not want you to know. All they brag about is you will receive up to 10% of your customers bills - it's true but you need $10,000 in bills to receive a $100 check!

What's even worse now than in 2007, is they have an entire army of ACN drones online, vouching for a company that doesn't even sell what it claims to sell, but they still blindly support it. I suspect ACN is paying these people to do this. ACN is a thinly disguised MLM pyramid scheme that fronts as a telco reseller. I went to the same ACN meeting my friends went to in 2007 and I still have my IT job while my friends are sadly unemployed. Giving $500 to someone I never met in my life just seemed like a crap financial move. A fool and his money are easily parted.

2. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker New Member

7 Sep 2011 01:40 - Attached on merging:
    ACN is definately worth the money. I woud like to expand ACN Inc.

I am a hard working father of a newborn & I am also finishing my doctorate at NYU. My brother got me into ACN and I have to say that I have been getting other classmates of mine to become partners as well. So far I have 14 people under me, so I am making a good amount of money every month. In the beginning I was a bit skeptical but now I am very happy that I proceeded.

GetPaidOnACN likes this.
  3. Karen Jackson

Karen Jackson New Member

Interesting how much chatter on this company. I was involved about 18 months ago. This company is fantastic at dangling the carrot. I paid 499 to be a broker of services. Within 60 days I was gone.

Currently to date I have friends that stayed recruited their back sides off to make it to TC and made about 150.00 a month made temporary money on bonuses. Really do your home work when looking at getting involved with companies. Have to recruit 2 others at 499 just be able to earn commissions. And then 1/4 of 1% on billing volume. Only a few at the TOP are making money. I watched one of their top people train on recruiting was sad, that is when I walked away.

Standing up on a stage with a deck of cards turning them over referencing a certain type of person or personality with numbers. Talking about turning and burning, attrition. Was not a company or culture I wanted to be a part of after that. Many stay sold on the hype and big money, and they will tell you to sell your personal goods what ever it takes to get to regional events or convention.

Inverted comp plan and have to drive down seven levels to make a pennies, or literally chump change.

4. CJConsulting

CJConsulting New Member

I seriously thought about ACN for a while. I never made the jump, but from all that I hear, it is a very solid company. All home businesses have a comp plan. People just need to check them out carefully before they join. Doing your homework is really, terribly important.

It pains me to see others badmouthing a company unless it is truly a scam. As a home business owner, I work hard, and I respect what others do to grow their businesses as well. If you do choose to go with ACN - which is a GREAT company! - just go with the right leader, someone who will be there to help you when you need assistance and direction when you're first starting.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Blessings,
    Christi J.

Will Phillips likes this.
  5. bdkfreedom

bdkfreedom New Member

I was recently approached with the ACN opportunity. Having done some homework for only a day or so I still obviously have many questions. I would like to re-engage the questions and comments about this company to get some feedback early here in 2012.

6. chrismatthews

chrismatthews New Member

Here's my 2 cents on ACN...

I joined the company a few years ago and worked the system my local upline provided me and ended up leaving a couple years later.

I received the bonus checks, as promised, and I even started to receive residual checks after many months of working the system. I reached a level of promising potential but let go due to other ventures coming my way. I believe the outcome is definitely up to you! ACN is a solid company and it provides an opportunity you to make it, as long as you are willing to WORK.

Pushing products that everyone uses wasn't the hard part but the ongoing training they wanted you to attend was exhausting. I ended up finding a company that made more sense to me and they allow me to build my business faster and easier than I thought possible.

The choice is up to you and your level of desire and work ethic...

Good luck,

Chris

[Link removed - Admin]

7. Adele

Adele New Member

A lady I meet asked me to a meeting to explain about ACN, it sounded good, but as a business person who already works 60 hours aweek I realize you have to work extermely hard at any business to make it work. Can anyone tell me roughly the amount of hours per week I would have to commit to to be successfull with this business it I joined up?

8. theacnrep2010

theacnrep2010 New Member

I am apart of ACN and it really shocks me how people who are not apart of this great opportunity assume so many things or believe what they hear. ACN is not a scam nor a pyramid scheme. You make money from customers paying their bills. By introducing people to the business is helps me to earn residual income faster and the same for anyone who joins and introduce people to this opportunity. The most you need is 40 customer points, that means one qualified customer (new customer) which earns you 2 points, and the rest could be new or returning customers. It doesn't take 3-5 years to make money, you make money as soon as you become qualified, it can take 3-5 years before you become a millionaire. I have heard of people hitting the top position in one year, I have heard of people making thousands every month, and they were only in the business for a couple of months. Its all about your effort. You will never run out of customers, you will never run out of people to introduce to this opportunity. Alot has changed since the post came up, so if anyone still have questions, please feel free to email me.

Will Phillips and GetPaidOnACN like this.
  9. AmbitiousMom

AmbitiousMom New Member

Although this is pretty old I felt the need to speak I saw a lot of people call acn a scam well did u ever stop to think that ur job was a scam you go to a 9 to 5 5 days a week work 40-80 hrs a week have no time for family and friends and in 40 years you will retire and get only 40percent of your funds back while you ceo get rich off your work they know leverage that how they got u at the bottom of there pyramid 2nd you do get residuals every month they just start off low so getting the bonuses for bring in new rep keep you getting a decent income in time your residuals will over ride your bonuses this is not a get rich quick business its a get rich slow but would u rather get rich slow or get rich never exactly and also you dont pay the rep so you dont get your refund from the rep but if your smart you wont need one because u will do what you suppose to and make money instead of joining and doing nothing then joining a forum and talking bad about it is you join a gym and dont go and work out is the gym a scam no your lazy butt is

10. Vanessa Deifel

Vanessa Deifel New Member

I think that sums it up really well AmbitiousMom! The people who consider ACN or any MLM a scam are those who 1. don't understand the comp plan, 2. are simply not putting any effort in to working the business, or 3. expect to get rich quick.

Solid and active leadership is probably the most important thing to emphasize in terms of becoming successful in any MLM business. You CAN do it on your own.....but it is so much easier if you have a leader and a mentor who will help you and coach you and show you the way!!

ACN in particular has grown exponentially since this was first posted in 2006. Today they are partnered with the fastest growing pre-paid wireless company in the US; they are involved with energy de-regulation...which, let's face it, is the next big boom; and they recently partnered with a major banking instituition to offer highly competitive merchant services. They have come a long way since the days of the video phone and continue to grow and thrive by staying on the cutting edge for over 20 years now with the same original four co-founders.

11. Brucefan

Brucefan New Member

I was involved with ACN for 13 years. Say what you want about the opportunity, they created a very successful company, and why I followed one of the founders into his new venture. Quality people for sure

12. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Interesting,

I am not one who will pay to play, and ACN is a knockoff of Excel in the day, and having been in Excel, which was a hot program when started as I was already in TelCom industry at the time, so it made sense, but look where they are now, long gone. Why did they finally terminate company, because their was with FTC was going to be lost in the end, but they put up a great fight being able to pay their lawyers to go to war against FTC and this went on for years. When Excel saw the end was near, they took the money and folded the company.

As I see it, when you pay to play, in both cases it costs several hundred dollars to become distributor, and when you see the majority of earned commissions coming from recruiting other distributors, this is a big RED flag. I am amazed that ACN sitll exists and has not met the same fate as others who were pay to play deals. Guess their lawyers are even better than Excel lawyers who put up a good battle. As long as most commissions come from the distributor fees, you will always be in the cross hairs of FTC, and that is a risk I wasn't going to take again. Remember this one question you have to ask yourself before paying to play, would you use the same services or products if not for the income opportunity attached? Be honest now, how many would say YES?

I do not agree with FTC, they are nothing more than a money grab government agency who abuses the MLM industry at a drop of the hat. As long as a company doesn't generate a lot of consumer complaints, they can exist even if questionable commission plans based on recruiting as main focus. And although I am not against this practice, I am against the attacks it may initiate if complaints do increase. I don't know how ACN manages to stay in business, but I assume they take care of complaints better than most and issue refunds accordingly. Just ask yourself this, where are my commissions coming from, TelCom useage, Utility Consumption or recruiting other distributors who pay to play up to $500. for the right to recruit others? Again, as long as this is being stated up front, I don't have a problem, but most are being duped into thinking otherwise, and these are the ones who quit in a few months when they never earn more than their pay to play fee or how much time and money they burn trying.

As with most pay to play deals, attrition is a killer as most never earn more than the burn trying, hence, quit in less than three months. I know one of the top earners, and if not for his huge list of prospects, never mind sales experience able to convince enough newbies to replace the once who quit, he has been able to earn a long term income, but he admits, it is a losing battle, his income is half of what it was five years ago. This is certainly not the average MLMer, was top earner for several years, but even he sees the light at the end of the tunnel getting more dim each year. TelCom is getting so competitive it is impossible to make enough to make it in this economy where everyone is looking for the lowest prices, margins have shrunk so badly that MLM have to survive on recruiting commissions and the old coded bonus formula. I suspect that adding utilities was their saving grace, but even that has smaller and smaller margins, so time will tell if they can make it into the history books as one of the longest running MLM companies out there in MLMland.

Success to all,

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  13. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Interesting,

As a follow up to previous post on the telcom, mobile and energy reseller industry, another company has pulled their distributor program. North American Power was the only utility reseller which was not a pay to play compensation plan, as in, you could become an agent and promote it to others to earn a residual commisson. Almost all of these pay to play deals are in trouble, and ACN is no exception even as the oldest company in this industry.

I was in the telcom and mobile industry for years, as well as the utility which has been added to the mix due to deregulation. I wouldn't trust any of them for they are simply resellers, and contracts can be canceled in a heartbeat which I experienced first hand years ago. And this is why the industry has trended away from telcom, which is dying a slow death, no profits to speak of, then they shifted to mobile, and now these profit margins are shrinking due to competition, and last, we see these companies add power utilities to mix, another low margin industry if you research it as I have.

Simply put, why would anyone pay a company to work for them? Would you pay an employer to work for them? I could never understand this until I researched it. In these ACN like companies, without the paid to play formula, you wouldn't see anyone making very much of an income. This is the simple fact, and to pay people to bring in other people is technically a doomed strategy as history has proven going back to Excel days. And several others have been shut down as well over the years. So before you decide on any pay to play business opportunity, ask yourself, would you use the products or services without the business opportunity attached to it? Be honest, how many companies can claim they have a valid verifiable retail product at a fair competitive price?

Success to all,

14. Popche

Popche Member

I wouldn't really suggest mlm but it is your own choice.