1. svprisingfenix

svprisingfenix New Member

Hi there

I have been trying the ACN Telecommunications Opportunity and i have already received a passive income & 15 reps from it so fare so no its not a scam i know this because i also checked it with the ACCC witch is the Australian consumer watch dog and now I'm using the internet to make a auto list builder to keep the the new reps coming & so are my down lines [​IMG]

I hope this helps
  2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

How about giving a more thourough review about this company, its products, and how the product or service it offers benefits consumers.
  3. Casper

Casper New Member

svprisingfenix: I have been trying the ACN Telecommunications Opportunity and i have already received a passive income & 15 reps from it so fare so no its not a scam i know this because i also checked it with the ACCC witch is the Australian consumer watch dog and now I'm using the internet to make a auto list builder to keep the the new reps coming & so are my down lines
    I don't think the ACCC would have given ACN a glowing recommendation because they were taken to court by the very same watch dog a couple of years ago, ACN is a typical pyramid scheme as you are earning most of your income from recruiting members & you certainly don't earn much income from people paying their phone bills. Go to the ripoff report website & see for yourself I have researched many home based business opportunities & it took me over a year to find a business which I'm really passionate about so just be careful of ACN because I have heard nothing but negative feedback about this company.
  4. BobFirestone

BobFirestone New Member

ACN is a legitimate business and there are people making money off the sale of phone services, satellite TV, and other services.

The residual comp plan is heavily weighted against new reps. In my opinion this is why ACN has a bad reputation and high failure rate. On your personal customers you make 1/4%. On a $100 cell phone bill you make $0.25. If you build a large group and qualify for the deeper levels the residuals are a lot more interesting.

*** I am not an ACN rep and don't want to be. The idea of selling phone service makes me want to find a short rope and a tall tree***
  5. jeffohora

jeffohora New Member

ACN ... wow! I'm always amazed at the potential in this industry, even for a non opportunity. There are just so many people wishing and hoping for more- for a better life. So the law of averages, of sheer numbers allows for mediocrity to survive, even thrive at moments.

ACN is a good example of this. There was a time back in the early to mid 1990's when telecom opportunities were born and flourished. And as quick as they came, they went too.

The demise of telecom as serious, potentially large residual income opportunities came with the onset and the growth of the major players. The competition in that arena became so great, that there was just no room nor hope for the mlm versions to thrive and succeed. Add to that the reality that for the most part the founders and leaders of those mlm telecoms had a short vision ... make a quick buck, take the money and run. And run they did.

The fact that ACN has survived all these years is both a credit to the industry nad the potential here as well as to the resourcefulness of the ownership. Is it a legitimate opportunity? Yes. Is it a "great" opportunity? That would be a stretch, a real stretch.

Best of success!
    Jeff

[Link removed - Admin]
  6. fmstom

fmstom New Member

ACN Is a huge joke. I used to know someone that was very successful in the game.

Once I found out how it worked, you had to literally get in when this scheme started.

Unless you want to have 8,000 people underneath you with 50,000 customers, you're not going to make jack, sorry!
  7. narelleyeates

narelleyeates New Member

I am very dissapointed with some of these comments. Casper for your information, ACN won the very short battle with the ACCC. Also, BobFiresone, the reisduals are much better than you described. You get up to 10% on your personal customers. And the reason ACN puts so much emphasis on finding new reps is because this is how you leverage your time. By finding lost of people that all do a little bit of work your residual income adds up very quickly.

Have you ever heard the saying "I would rather have 1% of 100 peoples effort than 100% of my own." This is the grounds in whick MLM is based on.
    Every MLM out there will and should be focused on getting new reps.

By the way, ACN does not have a high failure rate. The business does not fail the person, the person fails or quits the business.

Some of you need to get your facts straight before posting misleading information.

If anyone else has some positive info or a success story to post here, I would love to hear it. That does not include those who joined, did a few hours work you expected to get paid thousands for and then when you dont you quit and told everyone it's a scam.
  8. Casper

Casper New Member

narelleyeates: I am very dissapointed with some of these comments. Casper for your information, ACN won the very short battle with the ACCC. Also, BobFiresone, the reisduals are much better than you described. You get up to 10% on your personal customers. And the reason ACN puts so much emphasis on finding new reps is because this is how you leverage your time. By finding lost of people that all do a little bit of work your residual income adds up very quickly.
    Just because they won against the ACCC dose not mean that they are innocent of what they were accused of & you should visit the rippoff report & see the countless of complaints made about this company.
  9. narelleyeates

narelleyeates New Member

I have looked at that report. The fact is that the ACCC would not allow any business who is not operating under their rules to continue business. Very few businesses who go up against the ACCC survive to continue doing business. The fact that they won is proof enough that they are innocent and legit. ACN is a 16 year old company now and it's stronger than ever.

The sad fact is that every company gets complaints made against them at some stage. The true test is whether they can survive and continue to grow through all that. You don't hear about the huge number of businesses that get shut down by the ACCC (sometimes for only minor issues). Take a look into some of the other major MLM companies and you will see it is the same for everyone.

Fact is people are complainers. We want everything to be perfect, but we don't realise that those running these companies are people too, and people are not perfect.

I hope I have not offended anyone here, but I feel that sometimes people can be very closed minded.

One more thing: joeffohora - the founders did not take their money and run. The opposite in fact. They had an opportunity years ago when they were given a huge payout from a telco company they were allied with which was sold. They could easily have ended it there. They chose to stick together and reinvest the money into the company. They made ACN bigger and better than ever and they have helped so many people change their lives with this decision.

Hope this info has helped people look at this company and other MLM's in a better light.
  10. leahkrause

leahkrause New Member

ACN Is always offering new services. When I was involved 5 years ago they only had long distance. If they were not legit, Comapnies like Dish network would not partner with them.
  11. benwesdorp

benwesdorp New Member

This is an interesting conversation here. Is a company a scam because it was sued? Remember about 10 years ago when Microsoft was sued by a US gov't agency? They LOST, appealed it, and had their penalty reduced - but were still found to be wrong. Yet they still put out good products (except for that whole Vista fiasco) at decent prices, employ thousands of people, etc. Come on, name a company that hasn't been sued (and isn't a start-up - no cheating!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft

Or maybe Microsoft is a scam.
  12. shaun

shaun New Member

The only comment I would like to make on this thread is Globally the Major Telco's have partnered with ACN. If ACN was a "joke" as implied by some comments here then ACN would be of no interest to these Telco's.
    By the way I am actually a customer of ACN ...my home phone. I think they are really good and Im happy with the service and customer service i get from them compared to Telstra which is rubbish !!
    (Telstra is the biggest Telco in Australia)
  13. hutchy1975

hutchy1975 New Member

There is one thing MLM's have difficulty with IMO, and that is the fact that they don't have mainstream marketing and advertising like regular telco's. And when people haven't heard of something through their normal mediums's obviously it is easy to be sceptical.

I think the last blog sums it up, if it wasn't a legitimate style of getting products and services out there, the big telco's wouldn't allow ACN to work on their behalf. (Well said Shaun)

I have a new ACN mobile (optus network) and it was delivered in 3 days from ordering and activitated through the ACN website in 20 minutes! Yes ready and working in twenty minutes.

So for those that are sceptical, it's ok, it's a normal human feeling in today's market to be wary when something is marketed differently from the norm. I save money on my phone bill because their IS NO advertising costs (millions of dollars a year, if not more, for big telco's) and the service I have recieved so far has to say the least been great. Not a problem.

Hope this helps.
  14. gr8team

gr8team New Member

On top of the major telecos that have partnered with ACN, what about the celebrities those who have endorsed ACN. We all know reputation is key, ACN building it regularly. No celebrity would risk theirs if ACN weren't providing value to all its' end customers and affiliates.
  15. melanielloyd

melanielloyd New Member

seriously....this has to be a joke, what about the charges made and stayed in pennsylvania ?? they were used by the govt that gave them the rights to sell these products.. I work for a major MLM co and i am sorry but to charge that much to start your "own business" under a large corporate name has some relation to a pyramid scheme.
  16. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

The critical thing about mlm such as the longstanding ACN, is that their comp plans are wretched for building monthly residual income. Yes you can clock some bonus income, but that will come ago.

If you are looking to really builds substantial monthly residual income in a short period of time with a business it is likely that ACN is not the way to go.

But don't feel bad, such applies to most of the traditional style comp plans of "yesterday". Just know there is a better way to earn substantial monthly residual income without needing a gigantic team first
  17. silverexplosion

silverexplosion New Member

I used to own a phone with ACN, I used to be in the business but I decided to leave. But it is a legitimate business, not sure how much money you can earn at it and it is a hefty start up cost, but it is real! Just wasn't for me.
  18. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Cathy Duncan: Do you guys think that it'll see an upsurge again?

There are good companies that one can invest (buy stock) in that will pay nice dividends but no growth. Then there are companies that you want get any dividends but the growth of the company will be tremendous.

ACN is like a dividend company. So don't expect any big upsurge unless they can come out with something so new that could cause that upsurge.
  19. CJConsulting

CJConsulting New Member

5Linx is trying to be an ACN competitor. I had a really bad experience with them (5Linx) and wondered if ACN would have been a better route to have gone. 5Linx was just too hypish for me...way too rah rah. That's not my style.

I am not with either company, and I haven't really gotten any clarity on ACN here in this thread. Is anyone earning income with the company? If I had 150 personally-enrolled customers and I was in ACN, would that bring me substantial income? I am not looking to enroll...just curious.

Thanks in advance.

CJ
  20. SeacilB

SeacilB New Member

I'd like to start by saying, I view ACN as a long term plan. It's not a get rich quick scheme, and DEFINATELY not a pyramid scheme as so many people have already pointed out. It is endorsed by Donald Trump, is licensed and regulated by the Federal Trade Commission and the Federal Communications Commission, and has an "A" rating with the Better Business Bureau. The government does not license and regulate pyramid schemes. The BBB doesnt give them "A" ratings, and Donald Trump, one of the most well known business men in the world, whose single greatest asset is his NAME wouldn't endorse some stupid scheme.
    ACN has 3 former attorney generals on its legal compliance board to make sure that ACN complies with all INTERNATIONAL laws. Yes, INTERNATIONAL, because ACN is on several continents, in 23 countries with several more on the way in 2011. This is a HUGE company, and anyone that thinks its a scam probably believes everything they read on the Internet and bathroom stalls.

The truth is people are scared of MLMs. They look at the system and say, "I don't want to get that many people in my organization, I'll just do it myself." But they are missing the whole point! The system is proven. You get customers, get a few recruits, help get them customers, and help them find recruits. That's it. It's not rocket science. Over time, your reps will get reps, and if they don't it's no big deal! You just find another rep! It's called leveraging your time and effort. Why on earth would you want to go find a million customers on your own, when all you have to do to maximize the compensation plan is get 20 services, and then fill out your organization only up to 7 levels, and boom! $11,000 a month in residual income. And that's only if you get 2 recruits and teach them to get 2. Just imagine if you got 3, 4, 10! It's ridiculous. I could go on and on