Adam's Advantage

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by ateamfuntimer, Sep 19, 2007.

1. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Many do make it too tough. It's really a simple business when you apply the simple system that are already in place. There are several options for system...so it's not like there's 1 system. If you are not getting the results you are looking for AND...and this is a biggie....And you've tried to improve upon your results, then look for another option.

Have confidence and give yourself time to build that confidence. You'll want to get to know the product and the systems we use to build the business.

Getting ready to get ready. This is something that many spend way too much time on. You've got to take action and talk with people to get paid...period.

When it comes to personal development, I think it's great but you want to make sure you get it from people who are successful. People like Dani Johnson who'll be on Next Monday Night's Official Coastal Training call...she's a million dollar income earner and can assist you in your education.

Jay NaPier
  2. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

How much time should you put into your business? That is a question im asked on a daily basis. My answer is always the same. I answer it depends on your own schedule. The single mom or dad that works the night shift is totally different than the stay at home parent with school age kids. The first thing that you must establish is what is comfortable for you. I do have one rule of thumb 50% of you business time should be used on prospecting new clients. Now again this is my opinion and many will disagree on the numbers but this is what has worked for me.

Time is relative and productivity is more important. A seasoned veteran in Coastal might spend less time on the phone prospecting as they have a few advantages. They might have a team bringing them training sales. They also might have learned more effective advertising methods. They also might have a broader referral base.

Id stick with the 50% rule of thumb. The other 50% need to be broken into a few other areas. Training is a big one. By training I include learning testimonials by getting on live calls, getting in your back office, reading trade magazines and publications and spending time with your director is they have training calls. Many people focus too much on the training or the theoretical as I call it and not the practical. Remember we are in business to make money and while training is needed most of our efforts should be placed on the money making activities. That 50% that we spend outside of prospecting must be productive. The goal of that time should be to make us better at the prospecting that we do.

Take a look at your business right now. How is your time broken down. Are you spending your time on all of our training calls and counting that all the time you are running your business. As I listen to our daily calls I make it my business to take as many notes to use later when im making my own calls. This is always needed. I am growing all the time. If I dont have someone on the call then I spend the first 1/2 hr of the call making prospecting calls myself. Then I jump on to hear the testimonials so I have more ammunition as I prospect.

Make a true gameplan for yourself and start it out with a schedule that fits your lifestyle and your needs. If you can do that you are on the way to having all you want out of Coastal.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753
  3. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerHow much time should you put into your business?

Great question, and I think the answer really depends on how bad someone wants to change their situation. What are you willing to give up? For me, it was TV...well, sorta.

You see, before I started my Coastal Vacations business you'd find me watching alot of TV. Thursday Night was the crown jewel. Survivor...Oh, yea!!

I was willing to give up some TV and I bought a TiVo. When I still had the candle business, I'd put at least 2 hours an evening into my Coastal Business. I did this for about 3 weeks, then closed the candle business.

This question is upto you, but again...you want to REALLY think about your Why and how bad you want that. I'd been seeking the freedom I have today for over 10 years, so I was willing to give up a few things and gain others.

Take a look at your business right now. How is your time broken down? In my opinion, 80% of your time should be on marketing your business and talking to people. 20% can be spent on other activities that do not produce a sale. No answer is correct here..this is just my opinion. BUT...if you are not getting the sales you want, you'd better talk to more people. PERIOD!

One of the things I like about Coastal is that it's a simple business to run. SOME...make it alot harder than it has to be, adding alot of stuff that has nothing to do with talking to people and marketing the business. Use caution when you see them talk about training and coaching that has nothing to do with making Coastal Vacations Membership sales. This is a big red flag.

I could train you on stock training, real estate, mutual funds, psychology, parenting, and a bunch of other topics....BUT I choose to focus on Coastal Vacations. When I read or hear something that has benefit to my team, I always forward it to them and I plug them into the expert who has writen or produced the training.

Jay NaPier
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations
  4. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

GAME PLAN CONTINUED

This is an exciting thread about your Coastal gameplan. I hope many of you are enjoying the thoughts and ideas that are being sparked by this train of thought.

Now we have discussed the time you spend in your business so lets talk a bit briefly about advertising. Im only going to cover it briefly in this segment as I plan to talk heavily on true advertising methods used by some top interner marketers ive come across in my research and experience later.

How do you advertise? Many of us have been taught to just buy leads and spend 70-90% of our time on the phone. That doesnt work. First off most dont have the skill set to be effective on the phone. It is an art in inself. Salesman are always rated among the top paid professions and that has alot to do with the fact they are good on the phone as well as in person. Well most of us arent salesman so why would you ever want to spend so much time on the phone. All it does is give you a chance to mess up the deal.

Mess up the deal you ask? Yes just that. Let take a look at our websites. They are incredible in detail. Then we have great live calls where extremely successful leaders are there to assist. With this support we all should play a supporting role in the process. In addition lets look at what most of us do. We buy leads from various lead providers. Im not here to knock any vendor but in my opinion all of the paid leads stink. Yes I said it they stink. Understand that most of them are generated because of incentives. The prospects can get a free ipod if they fill in the form. I for one dont desire to talk to people that arent really serious about being in business.

We must rethink our thought process. Now this is not to say you cant do well buying leads. I have as im good on the phone. Im quick on my feet and can handle any conversation plus im well versed in the travel industry as well as in the home based business arena. The question is are you? The better question is why should I have to be good on the phone. Lets be honest most people want to know the facts and want to see if this business is real. So your website tells them the facts and the calls make it real. Use the tools. That is why this business is in my opinion simple.

If you have been reading this you see everything ive said is straight common sense. That is all you need to be successful here. So lets take that into our advertising. Use your common sense. I call it fishing where the fish are. If you want to advertise you should advertise a travel package where you find travelers. It again only makes sense. Im also against just advertising the Coastal opportunity as a business. More people travel than are wanting to start a business. So throw out a bigger net.

If you advertise smarter and make better use of your tools then I assure you that Coastal will pay you like a business. Get in the game to win and play for keeps.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753
  5. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerHow do you advertise? Many of us have been taught to just buy leads and spend 70-90% of our time on the phone. That doesnt work. First off most dont have the skill set to be effective on the phone. It is an art in inself. Salesman are always rated among the top paid professions and that has alot to do with the fact they are good on the phone as well as in person. Well most of us arent salesman so why would you ever want to spend so much time on the phone. All it does is give you a chance to mess up the deal.

I've had a different experience here. The phone is an important tool as many are not going to have the skills to do a semiar or go out doing travel presentations. In today's marketplace, you can't just advertise and expect people to "click here now" to purchase our membership. They want to make sure there's a real person behind the website.

We are not selling, I'm more of the Un-Sales guy. I'll give you a perfect example. I don't do cold calling, I only call those who've requested information. I seldom do follow up - My team if over 650 strong with people who called me to get started. I used a system that works...it's worked for over 12 years.

When you think about systems, McDonalds is the master of systems. I took my daughter there yesterday for a treat. It always amazes me...the fryer is always on the _________. The store is always run my young people and it's simple. They have specific ways things work. Coastal is the same way. Now, there are those who have tried to recreate the wheel...but some wheels work better than others. Some have struggled to make the wheel work right as they got the wrong wheel in the first place. I watch some very sharp people do this all the time....but hey, who am I to tell them how to do it, I'm just a multiple six figure income earner.

We buy leads from various lead providers. Im not here to knock any vendor but in my opinion all of the paid leads stink. Yes I said it they stink. Understand that most of them are generated because of incentives. The prospects can get a free ipod if they fill in the form. I for one dont desire to talk to people that arent really serious about being in business.

I've been in the network marketing/ direct sales industry for over 19 years. I've used a TON of lead companies and they are not all created equal. I've used $5-$10 leads and today....I just go with what works 85 cent - 66 cent leads. They work very well for me. I've done alot of marketing and one thing stays consistent...leads give you a guaranteed return. When I first started in this business I did classified advertising and found that was a real challenge. I paid $99 and got 6 calls. I've done magazine advertising and found that most of the people calling were not even qualified to gather the info I needed them to gather...No computer = No lead.

Some leads are incentivized and I've found that to not be the case with the primary leads provider I use. I also know that some leads companies advertise like a job opening. Giving the impressing that there's a salary. Well, when you get them the details and they learn it's a business...they are no longer interested.

Still...others will have you believe you can buy bulk leads and qualify out everyone with a lead capture page. It can work, but the quality of most leads go down when you can buy 100,000 leads for $250. Hey..if it's working for you..continue on.

We must rethink our thought process.

I don't think most people will need to rething their thought process. I think people really, simple need to take more action. Ask Yourself...How many people did I talk to on Thursday the 27th? My answer is 0, I took the day off....BUT my phone rang all day from people I'd left a message with on the 26th.

If Coastal Vacations didn't work, we wouldn't be here 13 years later. It would have died like the here today, gone tomorrow programs we see today that last 6 months.

So your website tells them the facts and the calls make it real. Use the tools. That is why this business is in my opinion simple.

Yes, I agree! And I also know that there's got to be a reason for people to review your website. Movie leads have become very popular because they get more information into peoples hands, but FEW qualify themselves to a level that they call you. I've still found that my 66 cent leads work just as well, requiring only a half step more.[/quote]

Use your common sense. I call it fishing where the fish are. If you want to advertise you should advertise a travel package where you find travelers. It again only makes sense. Im also against just advertising the Coastal opportunity as a business. More people travel than are wanting to start a business. So throw out a bigger net.

This again brings up some great conversation. I've tried ALOT of marketing...some worked, some didn't. It takes ALOT of knowledge...way more than it takes to buy a leads. I've invested hundreds of thousands of dollars to learn how to advertise. It's a science. I own a program that cost the people who went to the live event over $25,000 for a 5 day event. How many are willing to pay the $8000 I paid to buy it?

The internet is packed full of people who will show you how to advertise and make big dollars online, but so few ever even get their money back. There are programs that specifically show you how to put 20-40 people into your business each month - Hey, I've taken their coarses and I say - Save your $500. Most are not in a position to do what they teach.

Published books are some of the best ways to get information about advertising and marketing. Why would I say that? Books that you'd find at the book store have a publisher who's put their money on the line for a book. The stuff you see online are generally done for 2 reasons. 1) It's cheap 2) They put an affiliate program together with resell rights so people out there will buy the program and maybe even market it so the publisher makes more sales.

One of the reasons the right director is so important is because you - the prospect - are looking for a result, it's different for everyone. You've got to find the director who has gotten the result you are looking for....OR BETTER!

If you are a director who has not yet gotten the result you were originally looking for it might not be because you are doing something wrong, it could be that you are not doing something ENOUGH.

Another thing that has become very popular is to have a funded proposal where you sell an ebook for say.. $50 and make a small commission from people who buy the ebook. You then market to them your opportunity. It is said that this type of lead is a better lead, but I also know that a group within Coastal tried something very similar working with CEM and could not make it work.

As a former advertising agency owner I can tell you that there are alot of well meaning business owners who buy advertising...but let me use this example. Look at your business card or a business card you've recently gotten. Is it Name, Address, phone number..and oh, hey there's a lawn mower on there so you know that Macs Lawn Care will cut your grass.

Jay NaPier
  6. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

GAME PLAN CONTINUED

Much of creating your gameplan depends on advertising. Now in week four I will go into detail of advertising strategies but I want to talk a bit about planning them out here today.

Business is very simple. You have a product that you want to get to the public for a good price. How you deliver that product to the marketplace is important. Im not a fisherman ( in fact ive never ever been fishing as im a city kid..btw im open to any of you that would invite me as long as we promise to have a few beers on boat) but ive learned to use fishing parables and examples alot. Fisherman go where the fish are. If so desire to find customers you could put a huge sign up but if no customers are in the are well that sign is a waste of time. So in our gameplan how do we account for advertising?

Im one for getting things free. Free advertising is a winner all around. If you look at traditional businesses they spend a huge amount of their budget on advertsing. Look at all the commercials we see. I heard recently it cost about 12k for one minute of televison time. Thats expensive. Many of us starting out dont have ton's of money nor do we understand how and where to advertise. In your gameplan it is important you focus on this with your director. No customers means no business so this is the most important part of being in business. So how do we get free advertising you ask. I say open your mouth.

Having been in so many MLM's and other home based businesses I used to hate when I had to make a list of my closest 50 friends. But this is a great market to start with. I wouldnt try and sell them but rather share this great travel package with them . In your gameplan you need to think this out. In alot of MLM's and home based businesses people will run from you but here in Coastal we market a product everyone uses. Make this a priority in letting them know about this great product.

Ive heard somewhere that if you dont plan you plan to fail. Many people skip over planning when they get started in Coastal. They are so excited that they get ahead of themselves. Case and point, so many of my teammates lose their first possible training sales by telling everyone they are in business right away. Here is what happens. They tell their good friends they have a business and everyone starts asking questions.

How much money have you made?
    Where are the vacations to?
    Exactly how much is it going to cost me to go to Hawaii?
    How long have you been doing this?
    How much did you invest?

Now when you start going into all the details and you are new chances are you are going to get stumped and lose credibility. Not to mention you now sound like a salesman. How about telling them you found a great travel package and asking them if they travel as well? Plan in your gameplan to market Coastal as a retail product from the start. Here is why. If you market a good product that saves people money on something they are already spending money on then you have a winner. If they have an entrepreneurial spirit believe me after they see the value of the product they will ask you how do you make money. But you lose a wide base of customers by starting with the business aspect first. Plan your approach strategically and watch the results.

As you can see alot goes into planning your business and I can only scratch the surface here. Remember my goal is not to say my way is better than your way or get into a debate with anyone on breaking every point down like a scientist and trying to dismantle it. This is to get you thinking. The methods I use work for me. They may not work for you. Many talk about this system being duplicatable. I love that many parts are but the real successful Coastal members think outside of the box and make things their own. They dont take time to debate over every point but rather take in the knowledge and use it in a way that works for them. I have been part of various groups and had the opportunity to met many great leaders and work closely with them. The one thing I have learned is to take in the knowledge and then apply what I need for myself. I never compete with anyone other than Adam. Their style is their style and to be honest I could never be as good as anyone else when I play their game. But believe you me no one and I repeat no one can be a better Adam Frederick than me Adam Frederick.

Stay tuned for more of my thoughts and opinions and experiences on Coastal Vacations. I hope that this thread continues to spark your mind and is something that helps you grow your business.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753
  7. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

GAME PLAN CONTINUED

In any business people need to look at their strengths and weaknesses. We have a ton of systems out there and many believe if they follow the system to the letter it will work for them. What happens is part sof the system dont fit into their strengths and they fall on their faces. Lets say you are horrible on the phone. What I mean by horrible is that is feels like it weighs a ton when you pick it up. If you concentrate on just following the system of just calling people you wont have success.

This is what I believe separates the successful and not as successful in the Coastal Business. Have you ever tried to put the square peg in the round hole. You might be able to force it in but it doesnt fit correctly. You must evaluate your strengths and use them within the system to work for you. If they dont fit into the present system them create a system for yourself with your strengths being in the forefront.

How do you really evaluate your strengths? Thats a fair question. You have to honestly look at yourself and grade yourself like an outsider. If you were the client would you listen to your pitch? Would you buy from you? If not then you need to change a few things.

One of my strengths is my ability to think quick on my feet. I can start a conversation on just about anything and have knowledge of a bunch of different subjects. I picked this up when I was dating. That skill served me well as it found me my wife and now I have adapted that skill into my business. You see I evaluated myself and used what I have to get what I want. You can do exactly the same.
    Is your strength being on the phone? Is it being in front of people? Is it advertising? You have to decide.

On the flip side you have to minimize your weaknesses. You need to not focus on them so heavily and take some time to learn from them. What we focus on expands so when you focus on weakness we get more weakness. It erodes your confidence and you become frozen. In your gameplan you must account for this. And more importantly you must get ready for i as your team will have to be able to deal with it.

Im all about strength and confidence. You should plan your business around these two key points. If you do it will soar. Also remember to plan to use the system your advantage and not to your detriment. If the square peg doesnt fit dont force. Adapt and find a round one.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753
  8. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

BECOME A STUDENT OF THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY AND LEARN YOUR PRODUCT

Our business is travel and it amazes me how many people in our business that dont understand travel. They are great at marketing but have no idea of how the travel industry works. Here are a few tips I use to learn.

1- Go on your vacations yourself
    2- Give them away to friends and get their feedback
    3- Join internet travel groups
    4- Subscribe to travel publications
    5- Go on travel forums
    6- Talk to people that you know that travel
    7- Call our vendors
    8- Learn testimonies from our live calls
    9- Attend as many live product calls as possible
    10- Be willing to understand the travel industry is always changing

Stay tuned this week as I expand on how I began to learn about the industry that we all make a great living in.

Adam Frederick
    Level III Director
    302 476 2753
  9. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Great post Adam,

You know. We can ask ourself one simple quest. Would you buy a weight lose product from a fat guy? No offence, but REALLY!

If you've ever watched an infomercial for a weight lose program or gym type product the first thing you notice is that the person pitching it (spokes person) looks GREAT! If you wanted to look the way they look....you'd buy the product.

Now, I'm always amazed by the people who have not used their Coastal package. You know, they can make excuses but we have part of our membership where we can travel for just the taxes. $20 or so.

This has been a question I've recommended to help choose a director. You should know travel. You should be a product of the product. Travel and enjoy!

I'm leaving at the end of this week to Orlando. I paid $355 for a 7 day condo stay at the Celebration World Resort. This will be my second time staying at that resort. We'll goto Disney World no less than 3 days (I'm sure my wife will want to go 5). We'll visit with my aunt and uncle who live in the area. We'll goto the beach and we'll enjoy one of my favorite restaurant in the area Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney.

If I had to choose between working the business and using the coastal membership. I'd use the membership or and over again. I say this because I can always find something I enjoy doing for a living, but the Coastal Membership is priceless.

Jay NaPier
  10. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

BECOME A STUDENT OF THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY AND LEARN YOUR PRODUCT

How many of us really know our product? How often do you get on the phone with an interested prospect and lose the sale as you cant answer a few questions? Now im not saying you have to know everything there is to know but you have to have a working knowledge of the travel industry.

Lets map out a few simple facts about our travel package. The reason that we are able to receive all the amazing deals we do is because of our power as a group. The hotels, condo's and motels are never at full capacity. Thats means on "X" percent of their rooms they make no money. As business owners they are trying to maximize their profit so that is why they offer us a discount. We have become a sales and advertising force for them. They believe they have great lodging and count on the fact that when we come to stay we will love where we are and refer the place to other travelers. Word of mouth advertising is the best. Think of the last time you picked a dentist. You probably asked around for referrals. They are only doing the same thing. In addition they are even putting extra income in their bottom line even if it is at rock bottom prices. If I was selling "widgets" and none sold at $100 but I lowered the price to $50 it would be better than going home empty handed.

Understanding this is important when explaining and showing a prospect why this program works. Its a simple principle that is key to your development as a business owner.

Another place we have to begin our learning is about the trends of the travel industry. All travel is based on availability. If a convention is going on in a hotel and they are booking rooms because of the demand the hotel will probably raise the rates. Its simple supply and demand. Think of the gas prices. The nations that have the oil have the supply and we in other countries have a demand for it. That means we will pay higher prices for it. We must understand this simple truth.

Let me give you an example. Many of you have heard my testimony about my trip to Williamsburg Va. Ive told it before but here are the details. We got a 4 bed room condo for $259 for the entire week. The condo usually retails for $3600. Now what ive never told you guys is that we first were going to get a 2 bedroom. My wife who is an expert traveler and a true student of this package kept looking at the availability to almost the last minute. Now understand we used our Access card so we can book the condo on the spot. Well as she waited she saw that a 4 bedroom was available for the same price. Why was it available you ask? Well the resort didnt have anyone to book that condo so they offered it at a discount at the last minute. They would rather give us the room at a discount and make some money than leave the room empty and make nothing. You see the fact my wife understood how travel works we got a place twice the size for the same price.

How are you learning about travel? Are you studying your package? Are you asking the vendors questions? Are you using the product? We make more sales because of product knowledge than we do because of my marketing skills. Yes im a good marketer and salesman but this package sells itself. When you can show someone you are an expert you will make your business soar.

Stay tuned for more learning on the travel industry in my post the rest of the week. I hope that something I say helps you market more packages and teaches you to enjoy the great travel we get even more.

Adam Frederick
    Level III Director
    Trainer + Motivator
    302 476 2753
  11. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

What do you know about travel? Can you find the best deals using your package? If you can then you have to learn your package. I know there is a bunch of stuff in it but the more you learn the more you will earn. People that know the package are more confident when they talk about it and that comes across.

So how can you learn more in the fastest way you ask. First attend as many product training calls as you possible can. With the training and any testimonies you will get a better understanding of how this product works. In addition it might spark some ideas on where to find more answers. You might even get excited and want to use a vacation yourself.

Many people think its their directors job to teach them the package. I totally disagree. Let look at this practically. When you buy something from the store do you go back to the salesman after the sale to ask them how to use it? Then why would we expect that after your director make a sale to you that you should ask everything from them? Now they should give you some resources to get answers just like any vendor of a product would do. Those resources are the live calls the websites as well as the numbers on the back of our cards and vouchers.

Travel and the travel industry can be summed up in a few simple words and one of those words is availability. Availability rules just about everything. Its why we have such a good package. I know that I have been giving you all tips and strategies in all of my post but I want to know give you some homework. Go on the travel search engines and pick 5 places you want to go. Plan them for about 60 days from now. Then use your Acces card to compare. Using the cards will show you exactly what all of the customers you market to will be using. This is an invaluable lesson.

I hope that you are enjoying this series just as I am and that you are taking the tips and applying them to your everyday business practices. As always im open to new prospects looking to find a director. I will say this though if someone has invited you to take a look at Coastal you owe them the courtesy of working unless for some reason you just dont see eye to eye. Just because they are new doesnt mean they can be a good director. Remember with our tools , websites and forums like this you can really learn this business by yourself with your director just being your guide. They have no reason to hold your hand as you are in business for yourself but never by yourself.
  12. footballmom

footballmom New Member

This forum is becoming less and less useful. If these "successful directors" are so in demand, why do they have so much time to argue and bash each other on this forum. I can't imagine that they get interested people to even call them. I personally would not want to deal with people like this, however Adam was TRYING to give out useful information for us researching Coastal but that turned into another bash fest. We really don't want to read all the crap and arguing between directors. PLEASE! I've read posts on this forum for several months to learn and have never needed to post as my questions were answered, but it's getting to be a joke instead of useful. Don't you need a vacation or something? Use all that success you seem to mention and go use the product!
  13. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Adam if I may respectfully disagree about where you say:
    "Many people think its their directors job to teach them the package."

When you sell a product (in this case Coastal pkg) certainly the prospect wants to know what they are buying, which is called knowing the product that you are selling. Yes you can say there are cards and vouchers BUT I was overwhelmed when I received the binder and the cards weren't in the binder yet, and looking at the vouchers I had no idea what all you had to go thru to use them etc etc, until I went to use the pkg to go to LasVegas with family and until my son wanted me to find him a good rate to go to Indiana for the races.

I had no idea what to do with all that arrived. How can one sell a product they don't know anything about?

Just my opinion.

Terri
  14. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: luvtravelI had no idea what to do with all that arrived. How can one sell a product they don't know anything about?

I totally see your point Terri. One of the reasons we have the Wednesday calls and the Thursday Night Product Training call is to assist in this area. Now one challenge we all deal with is that travel changes daily.

I've found that if you break it down to Long Term Travel and Short Term travel - Then break that down into how you like to stay...it does help a bunch.

I'm spoiled...I love the condo resorts.

Jay NaPier
  15. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Are you an expert in your industry? This is a question that comes up all of the time. Believe me even when you prove yourself as a leader people will always question your credentials. This is why its important that you know your stuff. I have been in the home based business arena for 20 years and full time in Coastal Vacations for the last 2 1/2 years. As a leader in the Coastal Synergy Group I did trainings for the entire group and hosted live calls once a week. My training on live events and testimonials has been rated one of the best to date. Anyone that has heard it has used the tips and strategies to close many a deal. I get emails and phones calls all week long from members of Coastal thanking me. But you know what, when you are away from the membership and in front of a client none of that matters. You must prove your expertise to that client.

Remember that client has no idea you have a massive team or that you gave a great tip or testimony on the last Q+A Call. So you only have a few minutes to gain their respect. This is why it is so important to be prepared to talk about your product. Now you probably are thinking to yourself im brand new and this product is extensive how can I possible know everything. Well you arent expected to, but you must have some sort of answer to always give. I train my teammates in this manner.

1- They tell the client this is a lifetime wholesale travel package that will give them discounts for the rest of their life by using it.

2- They explain the package is primarily broken into two parts. The discount cards which allow you to travel right now at sometimes 80% off of regular rates. The second part is our even deeper discounts. You have to plan 60 - 90 days in advance but then you only pay any processing fees and room taxes.

Ok this gives you some stable ground and the client is most of the time impressed, but then most will be thinking to themselves well that sounds good but prove it. Here is where you can make or break your deal. At this point I suggest telling a story. The facts tell but the stories sell. I bet many of you have heard that before and you should have because its true. The best sales people know how to tell a story. You see facts hit people on an intellectual level. Now for some of the population that works but most are led by emotions.

People usually buy for two reasons. Either for pleasure or to alleviate a pain. Well vacations illicits a pleasure response. Most people will smile when they talk about vacations. Imagine if you can show them to go on that same vacations at a discount. They will love you. Paint as vivid a picture as you can. make it seem so real that the actually go there right now in their mind.

I want all of you to understand my expertise is not in knowing all of the vacations inside and out. Thats what the websites are for, as well as the live calls and numbers of the vendors. Many of us get caught up in that we need to know everything right away and do nothing to truly market the product. Many directors do members a disservice by holding their hands in teaching them all of the knowledge they have on the product. Again the BOD does trainings about how to use the package and your time is better spent learning it there. We should focus more on teaching our teams priactical ways to sell this product as opposed to so much product training.

This products sells itself. Cmon 5 cruises for $1295. Thats a no-brainer. That sold me the first time I looked at the package. Everything else was gravy. One of my mentors earns 7 figures a year in the industry and I bet that they have no idea of how most of the packages works. They do know enough of the testimonies to make 7 figures though and they know even better where to get the info.

My wife is by far the more knowledgeable of our team when it comes to this travel package but I know enough to sell it and get the info our team and clients need ( just because you dont hear her doesnt mean she isnt around in fact she is my greatest asset ). You must get that same knowledge for yourself.

Remember people will always question you and try to make you look like you arent the star you are. That is primarily to take the emphasis off of themselves and their inability to do the things they need to do. Remember the bully in the schoolyard. They had so many of their own mental problems and insecurities that they had to pick on others to get the heat off of themselves. They couldnt have stood up to the scrutiny their shortcomings would bring them. The way that you rise above that is to become knowledgeable about your industry and your product. It is a skill that once you acquire no one can take away no matter how much they try or how futile their attempts are. Your confidence in yourself will make you rise to the top. Remember that if you are on top and are a threat then you will have people coming for your title. I always beat them by being the best that I can be. I love being the champ or as the saying goes "It's good to be the king". Now im not bragging but rather saying you all should have the same confidence about yourselves so when you are attacked you can rise above it knowing that you can handle it. Remember you are the expert so show it.

Gain the knowledge you need in this forum and do your best to utilize it. I hope that may post continue to be informative and give the members that are looking for it THE ADVANTAGE they need to succeed in this amazing business that we are all part of.

Adam Frederick
    Former CSG Board Leader + Master Trainer
    Featured Member in the May 2006 HBC magazine
    Coastal Level III Director
  16. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: footballmomThis forum is becoming less and less useful. If these "successful directors" are so in demand, why do they have so much time to argue and bash each other on this forum. I can't imagine that they get interested people to even call them. I personally would not want to deal with people like this, however Adam was TRYING to give out useful information for us researching Coastal but that turned into another bash fest. We really don't want to read all the crap and arguing between directors. PLEASE! I've read posts on this forum for several months to learn and have never needed to post as my questions were answered, but it's getting to be a joke instead of useful. Don't you need a vacation or something? Use all that success you seem to mention and go use the product!

Amen - I agree. I would never do business with someone who throws cheap shots - or bashes someone on here who is trying to help.

For the record - if you have a negative issue with someone - please use PM. You do not need to "save" any of us new people - we are adults - we can make our own decisions thank you.

Lead - follow - or get the hell out of here. Please do not waste time replying to this publicly - most are here to learn - not read bickering.

Bob
  17. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

ADVERTISE ADVERTISE ADVERTISE

This is by far the place where the most people miss the boat when it comes to Coastal Vacations. Most of us think that you have to purchase leads at high prices as they are more qualified. This is as far from the truth as can be. Now I love the fact that we do have companies that provide us with leads but the real heavy hitters in Coastal dont make that their only source of lead generation.

You must learn how to generate your own leads. Lets face it would you rather be calling someone that is getting a free ipod for answering the ad and going through a third party to be delivered to you or would you rather offer them an incentive on your own advertisement?

In the next day im going to go over a few different advertising tips and strategies I have used as well as ones ive either learned or are learning from see what other leaders are doing. I hope that again my ideas are informative and help many of you take your business to the next level.

Here are a few of the things im going to cover:

1- Purchasing inexpensive leads and converting them to sales
    2- Advertising in classifieds
    3- Advertising on social networking groups
    4- Using forums like this to advertise
    5- B2B advertising

The next few post will go into details as to how to decrease youe advertising budget but increase your sales. This training is invaluable to your teammates especially those that have put together their life savings to get started at the highest level and dont have alot of extra cash flow.

As always these points and this training are my opinions and my views and there will always be other ways to advertise. I suggest taking what is useful to you and using it to grow your business.

Adam Frederick
    Master Trainer + Coastal Level III Director
  18. goldmills

goldmills New Member

Adam, if you are not doing this, you should take all your posts and make a blog out of them.

You'll get better search engine traffic there than here, where people can learn from you here amd and unfortunately leave through someone's google ad at the bottom.

On your own site, they could leave and go to the BUY button on your site.

You just copy and paste your existing articles into your website, blog and forum and you'll be "FOUND"
  19. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Quoting: goldmillsAdam, if you are not doing this, you should take all your posts and make a blog out of them.

You'll get better search engine traffic there than here, where people can learn from you here amd and unfortunately leave through someone's google ad at the bottom.

While it's a good idea to have a blog, if you are doing it to get a high ranking, you may be disappointed. It is very very difficult to get your blog ranked higher for similar posts you make here. I'm not discouraging but you can ask any blog owner on how difficult is it to make a blog successful.

This forum is already established and the posts you make here get ranked in top places immediately (you can check yourself for many of the posts made in business opportunities and reviews forum). So it makes lot of sense to leverage the credibility and ranking of this forum.

And while its true that people click on google ads, they are ones who arrive hear without any proper intent. Those who arrive here with a definite goal and intent (through organic search results), go through all the related posts and the links in signature (if the posts impress them). Now these are highly targeted and responsive leads and convert very well. I'm sure many members will vouch for this.
  20. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerYou must learn how to generate your own leads. Lets face it would you rather be calling someone that is getting a free ipod for answering the ad and going through a third party to be delivered to you or would you rather offer them an incentive on your own advertisement?

Generating your own leads is a great idea, but it's not the be all end all. I know ALOT of people who have paid unqualified people for a squeeze page and gotten nothing other than a smaller bank account with it. Self included. Over the last 2 years I've paid out over $4000 to web designers and got little more than a bad site or no site at all...BIG CAUTION HERE. Do it yourself for best success.

There's a reason that leads are the focus on many successful directors business. It's because THEY WORK!!!! There are companies that offer leads that are looking for jobs and for a freebie, but that's where experiece really pays off and why you want a director who is well versed in MANY marketing options that REALLY know the business.

Some groups only teach one thing. Some are focused on the whole burrito. I focus on the whole burrito. I run my business and at over 7 figures, it's working well.

One thing that I might point out is how following another director can be a great thing, but without their support included....it can be a bad learning experience. I paid $2000 several years ago because a director was promoting a deal where you got specific leads that were generated for you and your phone would ring when the lead came in....Well, 8 calls and $2000 later...it's a learning experience. I don't know how many others bought into this...but I'm confident that the director who was promoting this made a few bucks and learned not to do that again....just as I did.

I hear this all the time. I know your busy...Yes, but not too busy to be approachable. I like to answer my own phone when it rings and have good conversations with people who are with Coastal and those considering Coastal.

Let's see where this leads and perhaps we'll learn something new????

Jay NaPier
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations