Adam's Advantage

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by ateamfuntimer, Sep 19, 2007.

1. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

The big question on outsourcing is about calls. Do you join a call center or do you call yourself. What a quandry. With the recent changes with some leaders more of those questions are going to come up. Here are my thoughts.

The first thing to think of is your time schedule. There are members that dont have the time to make their own calls so for them a call center is a great option. Outsourcing is all about what works for you. If you cant do something its good to find someone that can for you. Another reason to outsource call is to maximize your time. How about combining the two. For many of us that is an exciting option. It's actually something im looking into myself. Is it a duplicatible system ? For some it is for some its not. You decide.

Another thing to look at is your skill level. Say for you the phone is your worst enemy. It feels like it is 2000 lbs. and is growling at you. Then outsourcing your calls is a good option. Why have your business suffer if you can outsource? Do what is best for your business.

As we are talking about calls the next thing that fits with calls is having an email follow up series. Many of us have great a/r's ( auto- responders) with our websites. This is something that I say is mandantory to outsource. Think of sending emails to hundreds or maybe thousands of people everyday. Thats a big task. Something I wouldnt want to do personally. Our a/r's do just that for us. Now even if you dont use one of the a/r's from our incredible websites there are even companies like Royal Responder and Aweber that will do it for you. This is something to definitely outsource.

Something else I outsource all the time is product training. Stephanie from the CV BOD is amazing and does a better job that I ever could explaining this product. So I always outsource this training to her. I send teammates and client to her calls to get the info straight from the source. Thats a better use of my time than trying to answer everything myself.

As you see outsourcing can be a helpful tool. In the next days be sure to tune in again as I discuss a few more of the things I outsource. I look forward to seeing you all soon.

Adam Frederick
    Leader + Trainer
    Coastal Level III Director
  2. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Just a note about outsourcing your calling. People buy from people they like...and they can't get to know you if you are not creating a relationship with them.

When I owned my restaurant franchise, I had a horrible challenge. I had to decide between attending a Tony Robbins Seminar or running my business. Friday is the busiest day for a restaurant, so it's GENERALLY NOT a question...your working on Friday.

Well...I learned something that has stayed with me for a very long time. "If you are committed, there is time".

This is how I feel about making calls. You know, I do keep regular hours 9AM - 9PM, but a very nice lady asked if she could call me after 9, no problem...I spoke with her and she appreciated that I'd taken time out to talk with her over and above my normal hours.

I take my Coastal business very serious. I work the schedule I choose to work and I'm successful because I'm flexible with my schedule. Giving your team members the attention they want is very important to your success...hiding behind a computer or a phone doesn't do it.....THAT'S why I attend seminars and go out of my way to visit with my team members.

Jay NaPier
  3. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

What else can we outsource in our business. I know people talk about taxes. Well thats a no brainer. Most of us outsource our own personal taxes so it only makes sense to outsource those of your business. Ive talked about auto responders as well as making calls. What else can be outsourced. Today lets talk about advertising.

This is definitely be a hot topic. In Coastal Vacations there are so many schools of thoughts on advertising. Do you buy leads? Do you do PPC? Blogs, write articles, post in forums and put out classifieds free or otherwise. There are so many ways to do it. One of the waves ive seen on the internet is people paying others to post articles for them. I have an idea that many should do. Imagine having a team of say maybe 15. I use 15 as that has been a hot number in a few of the other threads in the Coastal Forum. How about going into a advertising coop with them all. There are programs out there that will circulate leads among a group. I heard of a company named pageswirl that does just that for like $10 a month.

You can truly begin to team up with others to offset advertising cost. How about having a team member post articles for a few members. They can spend a few hours making post for the entire team. This will maximize the time of everyone. You can also rotate the job. You can pick the all the sites to post at and maybe learn a bunch more in the process. Try this will alleviate alot of the daily task you do in your business. Have team members do research on new place to advertise and bring it to the team.

This is the new outsourcing im promoting. If you are a team leader then use the resources of the entire team to promote the team. This model is something I can speak from experience of. As a member of the CSG Leadership we had mastermind meeting every monday morning and the Co-Founders had various projects that we all either volunteered for or were assigned to . We did the work for the entire group and brought back the results. After tweaking everything we then shared it all with the entire CSG. Its a proven system.

This forum is actually outsourcing. I outsource the gathering of information here. As proven leaders and new people share their post and ideas I learn each and everyday. Not only do I frequent the Coastal threads I also go to the other threads and learn and network. Its been said that you cant make money on forums by networking and I have to totally disagree. Here are the facts. Each and everyone of us on here are entrepreneurs. We are always looking for that magic program. Well guess what all the people in the other threads are as well. This is an amazing way to meet others. Its an excellent source of referrals. I refer others to their opportunities as they refer people to mine. Plus you never know the person you network with might be the Scot Chatron of their industry. They network with you and get involved and bring you a huge downline. Never underestimate the power of networking. By outsourcing in terms of a referral base you save tons and gain even more.

As you see outsourcing is a good word. Major corporations outsource all the time. My wife's job was outsourced to another country and that had a huge effect on us getting started in this industry. I learn and model myself after the big boys and adapt their policies to work for me. Its alway good to follow a proven model. Do just that and watch your business soar.

Hope my post today gave you some ideas. I appreciate the support and look forward to the continued emails and call I get from you all that express the gratitude for what im doing. I will continue to share my own thoughts and tips and strategies that have served me well in Coastal Vacations as well as all life.

Adam Frederick
    Platinum Coastal Director
    ( Thanks Jay I like the ring of that so dont mind me for borrowing it)
    302 476 2753
  4. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

This has been a great thread. I am so happy I was able to share over the last weeks my thoughts, experiences and opinions. This has been an experience that I would never trade for anything. Many of you havent agreed with everything id said but by me starting to share it has mushroomed into a place where many ideas have come from. I end this first part of my ideas but stay tuned as I share more and more of my thoughts in the coming weeks.

To keep things going I have a few topics myself but to really make this thread work id love for you guys to come up with some topics you would love me to discuss. This will make this thread as interactive as it could be.

Again thanks for all of the views and I hope to keep the thread going hot in the future. Sharing and giving away info for free is something ive become accustomed to doing. As this business has really done so much for us I look forward to giving back twice as much.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753
  5. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerWhat else can we outsource in our business.
    Is there anyplace that will call the leads and sell them for us - I do not believe the call center does any outbound calling?

If so - what do they charge?

Thanks

Bob
  6. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

The biggest question that comes up in Coastal after the money issue is about leads. Where do we get them? How do we call them? Which are the best ones to buy? Its enough to make a person crazy.

A question has come up of having people call our leads. I have seen in my travels on the internet companies that will call your leads for you. Their is even a system called Jaguar Marketing System that does something along those lines. I think its a matter of choice. You can find a company to do so but I like being a bit more hands on. Now the question comes up what if I dont want to call on the phone. Then the answer is obvious. Outsource it. Hire someone to do it for you or do an internet search and find a company doing it.

I think before you hire someone you have to do your research so you dont get taken. Be sure to check out there track record and see if they have a trial period. I never get into a deal with anyone that doesnt have an out in the beginning. Ive signed long term contracts in the past and gotten burned.

Id love to see if anyone else has thoughts on the matter. Stay tuned as I begin another series of training in the next few weeks. I will concentrate on some B2B tips as well as some of the things ive learned being on the phone.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753
  7. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Today is an early day for me. I woke up inspired and ready to share the good word with all of our Coastal Family. Yesterday I was speaking with a teammate of mine about personal development. They have an extensive library of all the great teachers. They can quote to me every word from each of the leaders. Unfortunately they dont apply that knowledge all of the time.

It is very important to get good training. I have to admit that the reason im a good leader is because of my teachers. Many have questioned why do I speak as an authority in the home based business arena and its because ive been in this industry for 20+ years now. Through all those years ive sat in the front row and listened intently. But more importantly I began to apply all I learned. Every good teacher ive learned from has pretty much said the thing. They have taught me that this business is about relationships. Its learning how to relate with people.

So many of us get caught up in what script and how exactly to say this or say that and we forget that it is really about reaching the prospect. The greatest teacher of all time Jesus Christ talked in terms of parables or stories. Have you ever wondered why? I believe its because everyone can relate to stories. One of my teachers in this industry ( you all might have heard of her Nitsa Nakos ) is a master of telling stories. When you hear her talk its like you get mesmorized. Its funny because her product knowledge isnt the greatest but she makes a ton of sales. Its because she tell a story that the prospect can relate to.

While its important that we study and learn tips and strategies from all of the teachers that we run across its more important that we keep the perspective that its really about the prospect. We must learn to relate to their needs first. We must make it about them. When we learn to do that I assure you that your sales will increase.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753
  8. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerA question has come up of having people call our leads. I have seen in my travels on the internet companies that will call your leads for you. Their is even a system called Jaguar Marketing System that does something along those lines. I think its a matter of choice. You can find a company to do so but I like being a bit more hands on. Now the question comes up what if I dont want to call on the phone. Then the answer is obvious. Outsource it. Hire someone to do it for you or do an internet search and find a company doing it.

I think before you hire someone you have to do your research so you dont get taken. Be sure to check out there track record and see if they have a trial period. I never get into a deal with anyone that doesnt have an out in the beginning. Ive signed long term contracts in the past and gotten burned.

Hey Adam,

I agree...In fact, how can you know if someone is doing it right if you have not been trained??

You know - People buy from people they like, and if your going to be business partners, you should be doing some or all of this part yourself.

Thanks why I answer my own phone!

Jay NaPier
    Platunum Director
    Coastal Vacations
  9. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerThe greatest teacher of all time Jesus Christ talked in terms of parables or stories. Have you ever wondered why? I believe its because everyone can relate to stories. One of my teachers in this industry ( you all might have heard of her Nitsa Nakos ) is a master of telling stories. When you hear her talk its like you get mesmorized. Its funny because her product knowledge isnt the greatest but she makes a ton of sales. Its because she tell a story that the prospect can relate to.

Hmmm..... I don't know that I'd use these 2 as an example here. It's what you don't know that CAN make a difference. I've been to several conferences where Nitsa spoke and I can tell you that she does use Neuro Linguistic Programing in her speaking....so, you were dead on when you said Mesmorized. NLP was not created until way after Jesus walked the Earth.

Jay NaPier
  10. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Facts Tell but Stories Sell! [​IMG]

If nothing else become a master story teller...if you don't yet have any of your own use someone elses.
  11. asebf

asebf New Member

If you can't dazzle em brilliance - baffle them with BS? [​IMG]
  12. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

In this forum we have some amazing directors. You have a leader such as Jeff Mills, you have Matt and Catherine ( btw great site guys), you have Maria Porter ( great newsletter Maria) and of course you have myself ( im modest but I do like to let everyone know who I am). The great thing about it is you will have different opinions on so many subjects. That makes for great discussions. You see the Coastal Business has no right or wrong way. There are many groups and numerous ways of running your business. As we are all independent we all have the right to run our business as we please.

In the past I have made the mistake of making judgements on other groups and directors too quickly. I guess ive grown up some since I started. When I was part of one of the groups I thought the call centers were the worst thing ever. Now I understand them better and see how they can be useful to many. Someone like Harold comes to mind. He has obligations in the day so a call center works good for him. I was lucky and blessed enough to be able to leave my job a few weeks into our business. So I never saw a need for a call center. I was closed minded. Ive grown since then.

I used to make it my point to answer other leaders post with my own opinions. Now ive come to accept their ideas and grow in my knowledge. We all make up Coastal. Its like for better use of a term a "Rainbow Coalition".

I challenge ( hey thats my nature) every leader and new person to take in all the knowledge that is shared here. So many times we compete too much in here. Yes im the first to admit ive been guilty of it. But you know what I have no need to compete. No one and I repeat no one can be me and share what I share the way I share it. Thats not a way of saying im better its just a way of saying im unique. We are all unique. In this time of so many groups we too many times get into who's group is better. What sense does that make? Arent we all Coastal? Its just like racism. One group saying they are better than another group. There are amazing leaders in all groups. Who am I to judge a Nitsa Nakos, a Lynn McCallister, a Renee Heikila or a Jeff Mills? Judge not lest ye be judged my good book says.

My goal from this day forward is to continue to share the good news of Coastal. To give back to this industry that has given me so much. If we all believe in abundance then why do we compete so much? There is enough for us all.

For you new people looking at Coastal I encourage you to learn in this forum from all the great leaders here. We may not always agree on methods but if it works then why not learn from each other.

What makes me successful is that im me. You should do the same be yourself. Share you knowledge. Share being the operative word.
    As ive heard used so many times "Cant we all just get along"?. We have an amazing opportunity to take Coastal Vacations to incredible levels so lets all live up to the challenge.

If you are looking at Coastal as a new person make a decision. Get then info and then work with the person that invited you here. If you havent picked a director or are what we call "an orphan" then sit back , learn and then make your choice of a director and get started asap. If you need a director that is all about making bridges I encourage you to work with me or the other leaders here. I assure you that it will be the best decision you can ever make.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753
  13. cgmom

cgmom New Member

This was a great post Adam!! I think we all here believe in abundance and there is absolutely no need for competition in the forum!

I have learned things from so many different directors here, and best of all, I don't think any of them were in the same group or "team!" There is so much knowledge to be gained and shared here and so many amazing people! As I said in another thread, the people of Coastal are some of the finest I have met.

I wish everyone here much success and thank you all for sharing!

God Bless,
    Nikki Carter
  14. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: cgmomthe people of Coastal are some of the finest I have met.

I agree Nikki!

Adam, you know there's alot of people who have chosen to keep information from others, some are in the business to sell Coastal members stuff...it's a shame. I agree with you...there's alot of competition here...and as I do share my opinion, I do so because I've seen SO MANY burned by Directors who are looking to profit off of other programs, group websites, training materials and the like.

The objective of the new training that is now available to ALL Coastal Members is to eliminate alot of what doesn't work and make the tools that work available to everyone.

Today, I put ContactTalk to work for me. It made over 200 calls for me and it's still calling now. It's a fantastic too that everyone should plug into.

It's a shame that some groups are choosing to keep official Coastal Training, tools, websites and events from others...BUT it is their business and if they want to sell vacuum cleaners to their subscribers....Let them!

Anyway, my focus is to continue to help those who request help. Continue to market in ways that have been successful for me. Continue to use wholesale leads. Continue to explore new methods of marketing...and even from time to time share what doesn't work and what does.

God Bless

Jay NaPier
  15. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS ABOUT SALES

When I first began my career in sales I didnt believe I had all it took to do well. One of my first mentors taught me an important lesson. He told me everything is about sales. Let me lead you all through some things ive learned about selling and how if you use these techniques in everyday they will enhance all that you do.

Why is everything about sales? Well first off to make money something has to be bought. And for something to be bought it has to be sold. Whether its toilet tissues and napkins to Coastal Vacations travel packages to houses everything is bought and sold. Well how do we pick what we buy and more importantly how do we pick who is selling it to us?

We pick what we buy because of two major factors. Pain or pleasure. Ive talked about that various times and ive seen other top income earners use the same thoughts in numerous post in this forum. Its something top trainers in the training industry refer to all the time. Better yet it makes sense. You buy a new dishwasher when your old one breaks down. You do so to get over the pain the inconvenience of it not working gives us.

We also buy for pleasure. The best example and something we all here can relate to are vacations. People buy vacations for the pleasure it gives them. The memories that will replay over and over again. They will even go through big pains to get this pleasure. They go into credit card debt, work overtime or even get a second job to make enough money just for that week or 2 week pleasure trip.

Now how do we choose which "seller" to buy from. Its a very basic question with an even more basic answer. We buy from those we like. This rings true in just about everything. Now I know as I write this there are those that will quickly try and rebutt my statement. They will come with an answer to the contrary. Thats great but in reality what im saying is something you have witnessed all through your life. Its not theoretical training in place but actual pratical applications. Let me run off a few examples for you all to see.

All of you men out there had to "sell" yourself to the woman in your life. By sell I replace that phrase with "had to get them to like you". You put on the charm ,probably groomed real nice and even probably expanded your knowledge of something the woman of your affections liked. I got lucky on my end. My wife and I are like two peas in a pod and like alot of the same stuff. But even when you do all that you still have to sell the point you are the best choice as there are many sellers in the market.

Lets relate this to Coastal Vacations and this forum. I for one admit wholeheartedly I have products and training to sell. I do websites for clients, I make lead capture pages as well as do one on one and group training. I get paid handsomely for my services and rightfully so. There are many that do exactly the same. Isnt that the American Dream to own your own business and have multiple streams of income? The best part is you dont have to buy from everyone but only the ones you "LIKE". Now how does this relate to the Coastal Package? Thats easy to point out. I again will tell you all that this forum is a great place to sell or better yet get people to like you. Every top income earner does that here. That is the truth. You have those that tell how many sales they make. Why? To get you to like them as they sell alot of packages. You have those that tell you about all the training and support you are going to get. Why? Again to sell their good points. You have other that talk about all the leads they will give you. If that isnt a selling point then please inform me what is.

Now im not pointing fingers or directling any comments at anyone one at all. So before you other top income earners come to rebutt my statements understand that. Im just trying to point out how everything is about sales. We all participate in this activity whether you believe it or not. Im saying dont hate the players of the game but if you want to hate something hate the game. We are all part of this system and to be honest its a great one.

As leaders have products to sell you have the power here to make a choice of whether you want to buy. I know of top income earners that have told me personally and have written publicly that they have spend thousands of dollars on training material other industry leaders have sold. I know personally of some of these leaders teammates that have followed those top income earners and bought thousands of dollars of stuff. Even when they couldnt afford it. I saw Jerry Clark an industry leader make well over 250k at an event I attended right after he told everyone he would make that much. And do you know why he was able to? Because many top income earners did so and everyone followed. I love Jerry Clark's stuff but I didnt buy at the time because I made a decision not to. Buyers Choice I call it. Use that same discernment in your business but dont hate the fact that products are sold. Remember you dont have to buy them just because everyone else is. Be a leader not a follower. Id love you all to buy my stuff but only do so if its something you will apply.

My business is fully automated. If you are looking to get into Coastal Vacations and would love to see how you can do the same with yours and not have to be tied to your phone all day then give me a call or email me. My contact info is listed below as well as on my profile. I look forward to helping you succeed in Coastal Vacations.

Adam Frederick
    Travel Entrepreneur
    302 476 2753
  16. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Great post Adam!!

Ya know. So many are scared of the word SALES. But, with Coastal - you don't have to sell. We have systems in place to assist you in providing information to people who want what we have. It's that simple. We're not used car salesman, there's no hard selling...I'm the FIRST to let someone go when they are not interested, why? Because, my time is very valuable and I want to spend it with someone who has an interest.

Again, great post!

Jay NaPier

P.S. - lol, thanks for reminding me about that Jerry Clark speaking event. I remember how big that line was....and lol, I did buy. In fact I recommend Jerry Clarks Magic of Colors. I'm also still a member of his Club Rhino.
  17. Paulette

Paulette New Member

I have to say as well great post Adam. I enoy coming here and hearing from others and one thread I do check out is this one.

Thank-you for taking the time to share your experiences.
  18. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY VS RETAIL

One question has come to me in all my time in Coastal. Who do you prospect to and how do you go about it? This is the $1000 question. As for who to prospect to my answer is that you find people that love to travel. When I prospect I always lead with the product. Travel is a 7 trillion dollar industry and everyone loves travel. Now on the flipside many people are looking to make extra money but in my opinion its a bigger pool marketing towards vacationers.

Many times ive tried to make people that really didnt want a business into business owners. The upside is incredible to making business owners. You create more sales for your business through training sales that way. The thought of making $1000 every time is attractive to just about everyone. But the downside is that not everyone is cut out to be a business owner. Think of it this way. We all know that the key to wealth is being in business for yourself. You make the lions share of profits that way. But why is it that most people have jobs? It's because most people like the security. You put in "x" hours and make a certain amount of money. It's secure.

Now as a business owner you have to see where you bread is buttered and act accordingly. People love to travel. When I get on the phone I always push the product. If the prospects sees the value in the product they will see it as a viable business opportunity as they can see others buying it as well. It's nice to push $1000 every time but most people cant wrap their minds around that figure. $1000 is more than most people make a week so they really cant see that as obtainable on one transaction. But talk to them aboout going on vacation for a week for $300 and that rings a bell. They can relate to it.

I suggest to always push the value of the product. The entrepreneurs will rise to the top. Remember travel is a 7 trillion dollar industry and everyone loves to travel.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753
  19. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

A-TEAM COASTAL VACATIONS APPRENTICE PROGRAM

I know that many of you have been wondering where ive been for the last week. Usually im posting everywhere but in the last week its been a bit slower. Well its because ive been putting the finishing touches on a new program. Be on the lookout for video's as well as press releases coming out soon.

The best thing about Coastal Vacations is that we are in the helping business. This forum allows so many incredible leaders to help the Coastal Family by imparting their knowledge on everyone. That has always been my goal. Here is my part for the day.

It's never about the money. Money should never be your issue in getting started with Coastal. I know that the start-up fee can look like a big obstacle to hurdle but its not. That is the mindset you should always have. Look at the upside... we make $1000 - $9705 on every transaction. Any director worth anything can show you how to come up with your start up fee. What you should be focusing in on is what are you going to do once you get started.

If you focus on the money you lose sight of whats most important here. Whats important is changing peoples lives. I plan on changing the lives of 1000 people in the next 10 months. Thats right 100 new people each month for the next ten months is my goal. My focus is on helping as many as I can. Of course ill make money but thats not whats its about. Lets all change our focus and help as many as we can.

If you are looking at Coastal and need a guide then you are in the right place. Give me a call and lets talk. Money isnt an issue. Just call and lets get the ride started.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753
  20. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimer1000 people in the next 10 months.
    100 / month- 25 per week - 5 per day given a 5 day work week.

Man that is great!!! That is bodacious!!! Fantastic goals!!!

We get paid in direct proportion to the amount of service we provide ............ you are kicking ass in the service provided arena if (when) you meet these goals.

Anything the mind can conceive and believe and enthusiastically act upon, can be achieved.

Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!