Adjust Your Mindset - Improve Your Earnings

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by A8ch, Jan 23, 2015.

1. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

I am willing to bet there is not a single member of this forum who doesn't spend a portion of the day thinking of ways to improve earnings. And with the wealth of information available here on how to do just that, the percentage of members who are satisfied with the level of their achievements to date is probably surprising low.

So what may be the obstacle that's preventing most people from hitting their targets and feeling good about themselves and their accomplishments?

If you are just 'going though the motions' without any emotional investment in the outcome, without any conviction or belief in your success, then the problem may have nothing to do with what you are doing, it may have to do with what you are thinking.

It may simply be that your mindset needs to be overhauled.

Here are a handful of obstacles that can trip you up and stall your success:

1. Not Having a Plan

Succeeding online is not a game of chance. It requires deliberate planning and execution. That means doing the necessary research, weighing the risks, devising a strategy and then rolling up your sleeves and getting to work. Having a written plan makes it easier for you to keep your objective in sight and make the necessary corrections when you veer off course. It helps you to keep your eye on the ball.

2. Not Working Smart

Don't get trapped into thinking you have to do everything yourself. There are many people who can do lots of things better than you. Outsource your projects or sub-projects to those people. The investment will return much greater dividends eventually. In the meantime you will be free to focus on growing your business. Learn to leverage other people's talents, time and money to advance your own ambitions.

3. Not Believing in Your Potential

If you are blindly following instructions to build your business, but you lack conviction, purpose and belief in yourself and your success, then you are doomed to fail. Be optimistic and positive in your outlook and expectations. Don't let external circumstances and setbacks derail you. The degree of your confidence and intention to succeed will trigger the necessary inspiration and guidance you need to win. You become what you think about the most. "A person is limited only by the thoughts that he chooses." - James Allen, As a Man Thinketh

4. Not Stepping Outside Your Comfort Zone

We are creatures of habit. We feel safe and comfortable doing things that are familiar. But in order for us to grow, learn new things and improve, we must reach beyond our boundaries and embrace new experiences. We've got to reach up and reach out. It's the only way to conquer new territory and expand our so called 'comfort zone'. Never allow fear to mislead you into settling for what you don't want.

5. Not Appreciating the Value of Time

Time is your most important asset and it's a finite resource. We are all running out of it. Make sure that the time you allocate to developing your business is totally dedicated to that purpose. Don't squander it. Use it wisely and intentionally. If you want financial independence in your life, you must be prepared to do more than you get paid for, so that you can ultimately get paid for more than you do.

A slight shift in perspective is sometimes the only adjustment that's required to attract an avalanche of success and prosperity.

I hope you find something in this post that resonates with you and spurs you onward and upward to a brighter future.

Hermas

2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Thanks Hermas, I needed that.
    Need to refocus now and then.
    I think.

3. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the much needed inspiration Hermas :)

4. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I second that! Very inspirational Hermas :)

5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Thank you Hermas - a very timely and needed post for me this morning!

6. Sammy Preston

Sammy Preston New Member

Great post. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

7. Bert Declercq

Bert Declercq New Member

Amazing content! It's surprising to see how much of your results actually depend on the way you approach things mentally. You are 100% correct that everything starts with yourself. The way you think will determine your outcome.
    The reason for this is simple, if you start your journey or continue your ongoing journey with limited belief in yourself, the product you are promoting, the company,... you might take no action at all which obviously results in no progress.
    But with limited belief it is possible to still take action but this will result in limited action. From limited action comes limited results -> limited motivation -> even less belief -> even less action -> even less results,...

As you see it becomes a never ending circle if you don't start with taking care of getting yourself in the correct mindset.

Thank you for sharing this brilliant piece of information Hermas. I like meeting people with like minded ideas and mindsets.

Kind Regards,

Bert Declercq
    Young Motivated Entrepreneur

payment proof likes this.
  8. Dereco Cherry

Dereco Cherry Member

All 5 tips are great! The comfort zone tip was a big one I myself had to over come. Once I did that I saw a big shift in my business. Thanks for sharing these.

Bert Declercq likes this.
  9. Smiler - JenB

Smiler - JenB New Member

Its amazing I was just watching a video a few hours ago on the same topic. One of the things that stands out with me (not that this relates to me) is the eagerness of people wanting the success today and now and because success it is not happening in their time scale they are seeing themselves as failures and comparing themselves to others that have made or are making it.

All 5 points are valid and its about keeping them part of us whilst achieving our goals.

It's a great post and thanks for sharing it.

Have a great day all.

Smiles all round :):)

Dereco Cherry and payment proof like this.
  10. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Part of the problem too is that some expect to be successful immediately. They have the mindset, "If I start today, I should be making money tomorrow."

Sometimes it does work out that way. More often than not, it takes time and effort to start seeing returns.

Bert Declercq likes this.
  11. Bert Declercq

Bert Declercq New Member

I agree with you 100%, I even dare to say that probably 70-80% of the people who quit or don't succeed in what they started are because of this reason. Of course this is only an estimation that I'm making but it's mindblowing if you've been in the business for a litte longer. So many people with so much potential that quit because it's not going fast enough for them.

In order to become a doctor you need to study for how many years? 5-7? And some people, in whatever industry you are active, give it a few months or maybe a year.

Commit to your decision for 5 years and then you can judge! You are running your own business here, tell me one other industry where you are able to make profit after 1 year? In network marketing, affiliate marketing, online marketing or whatever marketing that's possible indeed but in all the other industries? Hell no, 100 000's of €/$ you invested to maybe make profit after 5-10 years.

Treat your business like you invested a 1.000.000 €/$ and invest only a few 100 for a starter pack or no invest no money at all in what ever opportunity that interests you! Lots of companies are waiting for serious people like you and want to give you the chance on a better life for free!

WORK HARD AND COMMIT FOR AT LEAST MORE THAN A YEAR PEOPLE.

Kind Regards,

Bert Declecq
    Motivated Entrepreneur

12. WorkAtHome_Pam

WorkAtHome_Pam New Member

Love It!!!!

You could not be correct my friend, passion....positive attitude......creativity....perspective, how important these things are.

As crazy as it sounds, one of my most favorite and profound lines came from the movie, "The Santa Clause." lol

When Santa was saying to Judy (the little elf) at the North Pole, "I see this place, but I still don't believe it".....she replied by saying, "Seeing is not believing, believing is seeing!" For me, believing is the most important part of knowing my own outcome, if I don't believe in my life's work....how will anyone else?

Ah, perspective! I know that I will be successful because I take the necessary steps it requires, make the necessary investments, and will remain relentless and passionate on my journey! :)

Thanks for sharing!

payment proof and Just2EZ like this.