Advertise Your Website On Your Car

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Speedy2011, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Speedy2011

Speedy2011 Member

Oh yeah! Here is an update on how this car banner is doing for me so far. Now keep in mind I have yet gone out driving by GYMs and vitamin stores yet like I wanted too; due to my 40 hour week job will not let me take a week off to really got out marketing what I have to offer.

But here is what is happening so far. With me parking my car at work, my co-workers have been asking me more about what I am offering. I say more; due to at first they thought that this was another product I would get out of down the road.

You marketers know what I am talking about. We have been in different businesses that our people we know starts to not trust you any more.

But when I put this banner on my car, it gave them respect in what I am offering this time; due to they see that I made an investment in this product I believe in.

Now I have given out more free samples to people at work and now just waiting for all them to get back to me. So far two people got back to me.

One said that she will buy it after she runs out of her current vitamins. The other person said that he will buy it when he gets paid. We get paid every two weeks.

I feel this update will give you guys something to think about, if you are getting turn down by people you know for the same reason as me.

I feel this car banner was the best investment I made to show people I know that I learn from all those other businesses I been in to find the right product I was looking for. Telling them this was not working. But showing them an investment did.

jody moore likes this.
  2. eaglegene

eaglegene Member

Speedy2011: Hi eaglegene,

The name of the company that did my car banner is Jack Ripper Associates (JRA). Located at the link below. Also their phone number is below too.

Phone #: 1-800-447-7365

Keep in mind that I had my website designer put together the 1 X 5 foot graphic image to give to JRA to put on a sticky 1 X 5 foot banner to put on my car.

JRA charge me only $35.00 for each 1 X 5 foot sticky banner. My designer charge me $30.00 for the 1 X 5 foot graphic image. I did not ask JRA how much they would charge for doing the graphics.

Ask for Sandy if anyone deside to call JRA to put together a car banner like this. Then tell her that Tony Johnson (One Complete Vitamin) sent you. This will show them the kind of material to use to put it together for you.

The material is a less sticky material for you can take it off down the road with out having a hard time getting it off. In other words, it will not mess up your car.

Keep in mind the smaller the banner, the smaller the cost. If I recall, the 4 X 20 INCH bumper sticker was only $10.00.

I hope this helps. If it does, make sure you reply on here with a picture of your car banner made by JRA.

Thank you,

Tony Johnson
    GBG Distributor
    www.gbgcommunity.com
    www.1CompleteVitamin.com
    Free Chewable 10-In-One Sample
    Thanks for the info Tony.....

3. koolgizmo

koolgizmo New Member

Way to cool, I actually had a similar idea except mine involved a window marker (lol). These are great ideas to advertise a website. Another idea I had if you are using a washable window marker would be to ask a freind or family member if they would allow you to write your website on their car window. You could give them $10 or $20 bucks, and since it comes of easily by washing the car most people wouldn't mind.

jody moore likes this.
  4. Speedy2011

Speedy2011 Member

I am here to say that I took off this banner on my car yesterday. I did not get anyone emailing me about it.

People I work with talk to me about it. But only two of them bought it and they both stop taking it already.

My main goal was to get people I do not know to check it out. With people I do not know not even confronting me about it in person told me that the VALUE for vitamins is not there for people. Also the fact that most people are shy, that leads me to the next thing that I feel happen.

I feel this banner brought some people to the website. But when they saw the price for it they decided not to buy it or ask about it; due to the value for vitamins is not worth that amount of $39.97 + S&H a month.

In closing, I suggest that you make sure you have people around you willing to buy your product before you make a banner like this to save you money and time on putting it together.

5. eaglegene

eaglegene Member

Speedy2011: I feel this banner brought some people to the website. But when they saw the price for it they decided not to buy it or ask about it; due to the value for vitamins is not worth that amount of $39.97 + S&H a month.
    Basically the reason i got out of the GBG program myself.

Sorry to hear the banner didnt generate enough biz for ya but it was worth a shot [​IMG]

6. stellaandreapar

stellaandreapar New Member

Wow! Haven't thought of this one [​IMG] Great idea to advertise.

7. Speedy2011

Speedy2011 Member

I am back to say that I am advertising on my car again. But in a more affordable way that looks good too.

Rather than spending money on having a designer put together a nice looking banner to be stuck on both sides of my car, I decided to just do a window decal on my back window.

You may have already seen this on people's cars, where they have just text stuck on there back window. Gets right to the point and looks better on the car, than having it on the side of it the way I did it.

Also this way saved me a LOT of money. It only cost me $35.00. Now every time I go some where, I am advertising for free.

If I want to advertise to the right people for my product, I just drive to them at a store that is offering the same kind of product. [​IMG]

I just put up this decal on my back window the other day. So I have yet gone out there to see what happens.

8. Cesar Fasano

Cesar Fasano Guest

Hey Tony,

I love your perseverance man. I know it has only been 5 days since your last post but I'm curious: How's the response going on?

While I am not a big fan of this kind of advertising, I do love marketing as a whole. That's why I'm going to ask you the following: What if you change the message you're advertising?

I feel that people usually give a tag to the things that are advertised to them and MLM biz opps and products are not the exception. (Maybe that's one of the reasons why you haven't had much response in the past by leading with a product)

What if you advertise yourself (or your team if you don't have much brand equity a.k.a recognition) in the front as a solution to people's problems? [​IMG]

Just my 2 cents...

I wish you the best of lucks!

Cesar

9. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

Thanks for the info, I personally have posted on my University Boards with some good results. I usually post something like

"Want extra cash? Scan this QR code"

and then they would scan the code to my affiliate link, you just have to be sure that the site is optimized for mobiles

Also another thing I do is I pay people to advertise for me on fiverr sometimes by flyering, it works more depending on the niche you're in.

10. SkinnyDrops

SkinnyDrops New Member

Can someone recommend a good company that makes the banners for your car?

Thanks!

11. jody moore

jody moore New Member

I agree Speedy,
    I too advertise my business/website on my vehicle on the rear window, and have been quite successful with it, http://gdiwealth.info. "custom domains and hosting. make money too" since I put it on my vehicle, I received 27 active members and 13 of them are premium members, so yes you make a good point. but please tell me about the car banner stickers, I would like something bigger and something that really pops. please get back to me

12. jody moore

jody moore New Member

awesome idea

13. Sandra Kline

Sandra Kline New Member

SWEET!!! I just got one for my car today... (y)

14. Kevin Jacobson

Kevin Jacobson New Member

People love stuff for free. That really gets their attention. One way to get more business from a car magnet is to offer something for free. Buy a short and simple Domain/URL that is related to what you are giving away for free and put an enticing squeeze page on it. This can be a mobile website that they can go to immediately and have a QR code that they can scan.

To get the free item have them do something that connects them to you and creates a prospect that you can communicate with.

Have them opt-in to your email autoresponder and verify to get redirected to page where they can download their free item, if it is a digital product. This will build your email list while also creating prospects for your products and business opportunity.

Try requiring a phone number if you like. You may get less opt-ins though. Test it out. If you are mailing them a physical item, it is easier to get them to provide a phone number for verifying before mailing something. People will understand why you would ask for a phone number in this case, as long as you spell it out in the opt-in section of the squeeze page.

You can also try this to build fans for a Facebook Fanpage or Followers on Twitter.

15. Zach Andary

Zach Andary New Member

In my opinion, the only way that you should be advertising on your car is if you have a car that actually turns heads...

My reasoning is this: Most people seeing an ad on some average car (or even worse), would most likely only visit that site if the one driving it looks as if he or she is living the type of life that the prospect wants to live themself.

Just understanding the psychology of people in that aspect is very important.

Don't get me wrong, you can drive anything and you'd probably get a few visitors...
    But not nearly enough as much as you'd like.

To me it seems a little unprofessional, but hey - that's just my own opinion.

To the top,
    Zach Andary