Advertising Help please

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by fashionmayhem, Aug 28, 2010.

1. fashionmayhem

fashionmayhem New Member

I have recently opened a new ebay shop and although I am doing ok, I could really do with a sales boost. I have created a facebook page with a prize draw on is there any other ways I can promote please?

Thank you
    Kelly [​IMG]
  2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Hi Kelly,

Welcome to the forum.

The best way to get more and more traffic to your site is to pay for advertising. The best way to do that is to use a pay per click search engine like Google, Yahoo, and MSN.

That is the best way to go.

If I had any FREE secrets to share with you then I would but I don't have any.

You can use articles but doing this does not guarantee that you will get any traffic from them.

So for now, the best thing for you to do is to learn more about how to use PPC ( pay per click) to your advantage.

Tal
  3. fashionmayhem

fashionmayhem New Member

Thank you for your reply Tal, am off to do some research on PPC .....
    Kelly
  4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I have done Ebay for about 10 years now and sometimes it just takes time but what gave me a HUGE boost early on was to realize what kind of wording to use in my titles and listings when I listed stuff...

For instance - while 'gorgeous' and 'fabulous' are interesting words to describe what you are selling, you want to use EXACT words someone would put into the search engines to find your stuff. (brand - size - etc)

I would not use ppc for Ebay as Ebay in itself is a POWERFUL search engine. Many times when you do a google search on something Ebay is right there at the top....so all you need to do is find out how to get YOUR listings to show up there.[​IMG]

Good luck!
  5. lvis2

lvis2 New Member

We are considering building a similar website to our existing one to help drive traffic. I've noticed other companies doing this. Of course, the idea would be to not spend too much money on it... What do you think?
  6. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

talfighel,

You've been advocating ppc on several post. What is it that you are doing with ppc that you feel that the statistics of people going to your webisite from a paid campaign are better than those that come for a free campaign.

While yes you can get traffic pretty much from any ppc ad that is posted, but if the quality of traffic isn't any different than what you can get from a hit and miss article, then is one necessarily better than the other; while for sure one is more expensive than the other.
  7. lejla

lejla New Member

There is no doubt that Tal is seasoned PPC advertiser and just as you are so I was very curious to find out more about PPC. I did some research and watch some great video (half way through [​IMG]) and learned some great stuff about PPC. Since you can loose some money pretty quickly if you do not know what you are doing it is important to spend some time learning at least basics.

It would be interesting if Tal could give us some advice on what is the best way to go about PPC and not to pay arms and legs for it. Do you use only search or go also for display network as well and is your bid the same for both networks? Also do you recommend 500 key words to start with or do we need few thousands?

Truth to be told I am getting very interested and might start very soon (Especially if I find $ 100.00 Free Google coupons [​IMG])
  8. advertise

advertise New Member

Unfortunately there is no one size fits all method of advertising. If you are looking for fast results, paid advertising like email marketing is usually the way to go. Yet, I always recommend a combination of free and paid services. Doing so helps maximize results.

In your case, you are probably going to benefit most from targeted email marketing.
  9. fashionmayhem

fashionmayhem New Member

Thank you everyone for your replies. [​IMG]
  10. mikeherman

mikeherman New Member

Sorry to get in on this late fashionmayhem. If you are looking for free or very inexpensive ways of advertising you could look into "classified ads", forum posts, article writing and submitting to a few directories and solo or top sponsor ads in ezine (this one will cost a bit, but all the others are free methods.

Good luck
  11. ram002

ram002 New Member

There are a lot more ways you can advertise your shop or products for free. Use the biggest classified ads online. Make your own blog and write quality content related to your products or service. Another is through various social networking sites and groups. Also, create your videos and put a link on the description box. Well, though, you need really an extra effort to do all of these, but it's truly worthy. You can get the audience you need and make money online.
  12. onedumbaussie

onedumbaussie New Member

Wow There is some excellent advice above.

I would be interested to know if you went through with your PPC advertising or what solutions you found.

For me it would be a blog with Links Back to the ebay store products. You could review each product and link back to the ebay store page. This way your always building content and getting more links out there.
  13. loganquinn

loganquinn New Member

My suggestion: Optimize all your auctions for commonly misspelled variations of your products / brand names.

Use this website to generate a list and then run all the variations through Ebay to see if any are commonly popping up (a good indication that a lot of people misspell the word).

Also, use different and interesting titles.

For example, if you're selling phones (which is what I used to do), while everyone else says:

"Nokia 3120" or "Nokia 3120 For Sale"

You say:

"Iphones Suck - Nokia 3120"

or

"Samsung Sucks - Nokia 3120"

or

"DON'T Buy My Nokia 3120"

Why?

Because these titles STAND OUT and usually make people curious enough to at least check your auction out.

It worked for me!

-Logan
  14. fashionmayhem

fashionmayhem New Member

Some interesting suggestions thanks Loqanquinn.
    Im now a Top Rated Seller so that helps with sales, although im not sure if I will always be able to hold onto it, some people are so difficult to please!!
    Interestingly Craigslist brings me the most views from all the classifieds I post & has gained me several sales.
    My Facebook page is bringing me some sales also, and has cost me not alot.
    PPC - I have not used this as yet, basically because it costs..I have looked into it though and may use it in the near future
    I also use forums & bump it sites which also bring some views but as yet no direct sales that I know too.
    Squidoo - Have started on this but to be honest im not very good at writing, so its on the back burner at the moment.

Thank you to everyone who has replied

Anymore suggestions very welcome [​IMG]