Advice needed from a successful director with CSG

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by daretodream, Feb 11, 2007.

1. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Hi Daretodream,
    this is the time to have a 3 way call if you are sure they can afford it. If they say they can't then don't waste your time with them. Make sure they have your web address and be on your way to the next prospect. This is one of the many situations that I like having the call center for. The first thing the guys at the call center will do is qualify the prospect. Hopfully they have already been qualified from the ad they saw but somtimes they don't see the start up cost mentioned and call anyway. If they aren't money qualified the representative gives them your website address and tells them to call back when they have the money if they find that they think they can make money with the system. The whole point in being in Coastal is to get to the point of financial freedom for you and your family. That means you have to be straight up with people that don't have money. This is a big problem I have with buying leads. The leads I have tried, (yes, I have actually tried 300 to 400) were either resold so many times that they would rather cut my throat then join a homebased business or they were interested but didn't have the money. That's why I like using google adwords. You create your own leads and you can qualify them on your website and it keeps you from having to talk to hundreds of leads that never were qualified for your business. Your director should be willing to do a 3 way call with you and the prospect so she can be the person training you and making that sale while you learn. If you aren't qualified then you will be passing that sale up anyway. Make her do it. Pester her until she helps you. That is her job.
  2. daretodream

daretodream New Member

My director will definitely do a 3 way call with me and has done so on several occasions so that is not a problem, I just find it difficult to get them to that point after they say they cannot afford it.

Generally I will say something like, let's not focus on the money yet, let's see if this is the opportunity for you. They will so often still throw up that money barrier. Some I know obviously cannot afford it, some I'm sure are just throwing up barriers.

Any idea some questions I can ask to check on whether they can afford it and are just leery or whether I should just leave them on autoresponder and spend my time elsewhere? One person who I spoke to today who said she could not afford it was a Coastal phone verified lead who was apparently told the cost right up front before I got her info, this is frustrating to me since I spent alot of money on these leads.

Harold, re the Google Adwords, how much would you spend in a typical month and how many new team members would you get from those? I have seriously been considering simply creating my own leads but am really not sure where to start and am not sure whether I can afford it. Though perhaps for the $100 I spent on 20 leads I may create more of my own and they will be more qualified, not really sure.
  3. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Quoting: hsimpsonjrThe whole point in being in Coastal is to get to the point of financial freedom for you and your family. That means you have to be straight up with people that don't have money.

Good post Harold.

So you are saying that the prospect should be told upfront what the cost will be, for example, they go to a splash page, they like what they see, they have no idea at that point yet what it will cost, than you contact them and send them to your site where they see the cost and they leave immediately without even being given the chance to explain that you offer payments, or the benefits of the package etc.

Point being is this, before telling them what it will cost why not explain the benefits of the package, of the program, before they find out the cost? Does this make sense?

Question, when you use google adwords you send them to your splash page first right?

Just trying to figure out the best way to approach the price factor.

Thanks
    Terri
  4. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

I would just about gurantee the leads would be more qualified from google because the people who see you ad are already searching for Coastal Vacations as a key word. They already know about it and are looking for you, not the other way around. You could spend a couple of hundred bucks REALLY fast if you aren't careful. I mean in a couple of days even. It's something that takes practice and you have to watch it closely so you know when to pause your ad when you get to you money limit. My first 5 sales were from google ads so I know they work but they can be fickle, too. But, at least you already know that they know about Coastal which means they are VERY targeted and you know they haven't been sold to 6 other people because you created the lead yourself.
  5. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Terri,
    they go to my WCYS sales letter opt in page. They see the basics of the business and then go to my site where the cost is. If they don't unsubscribe then I count them as a decent lead. I might call them or I might not. I didn't talk to my first 5 signups until after they signed up. The call center handled that for me. If they do come back to my site more than once, I usually call them to let them know I see they are interested and I offer to answer any questions they might have.
  6. daretodream

daretodream New Member

Quoting: luvtravel
    Point being is this, before telling them what it will cost why not explain the benefits of the package, of the program, before they find out the cost? Does this make sense?

I definitely agree with this, I would never have joined Coastal if I knew the price right from the get go, there is no way I would have considered spending that kind of money had I not first been exposed to all of the info. I would not have bothered even looking at the info.

Though Harold does have a point as well, these people are already aware of Coastal and looking for it so they are automatically more qualified as they already have an interest so the price may not scare them quite as much.

What other advertising do you use Harold...or anyone else that uses advertising?
  7. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Thanks Harold. I appreciate it! We have had a lot of opt-ins recently I am encouraged.

The fallacy about call centers is that we don't speak to our prospects....WRONG!! Dan and I speak to our prospects as we want our business partners to know us and for us to know them.

I agree with Harold and others who are with WCYS, the training they provide is great and we are learning from the best, Jeff, Dean, Hoyt, it's great.

Terri
  8. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

hang on.. hang on folks!

Sorry.. but I don't think you should DROP people that are quality just because they can't afford it.

Really, when I first heard about coastal and started my due diligence I could NOT afford it. I was going to the FOOD BANK broke.

I researched and researched and called MANY directors until I found the right one and the right group for me. How many of those ladies and gentlemen (some of them on this very board and no I will not name names) lost interest when they found out about my then financial situation? I was honest with my director too- YET she included me on her team calls and pointed me to the CSG and BOD calls and special teleseminars and everything. I listened to I am NOT kidding EVERY CSG, team and BOD call for over a YEAR. I learned and asked questions. Those calls kept me going through very hard times (and unless you know what it is like to loose 40% of your bodyweight by going hungry and to not be able to afford medicine when you badly need it then you don't know what I mean when I say hard), and I can't tell you how grateful I now am that someone took that risk on me, even though it only meant adding me to her team list in the backoffice and responding to the odd email question.

I came in at PLATINUM at the end of the day.

If she had turned me away or dropped me as other directors did, she would be out that $9705 and training. I do everything that I possibly can for this lady because in SO many ways I owe her MY LIFE. That means that I volounteer to lead calls, write articles etc, I talk to some of her prospects when they need references, I welcome to help her team when she needs time to vacation off etc etc.

So, I am sorry.. but if you FIND good people with that BURNING DESIRE that you KNOW will make them successful. HELP THEM HOWEVER YOU CAN.

This is a people business folks.. and some people really are broke and very serious. HELP THEM! They will pay you back in spades.

As for the money barrier.. its a feeling you have to make a decision on in your gut. Jeffrey Combs says it well- WHAT kind of person will judge an opportunity based on price tag alone? Is that someone you want on your team if the first thing out of their mouth (or there abouts) is how much does this cost?

Now.. fairly, many people ask because they are looking for a REAL opportunity and want an hbb generally to make more money (in otherwords more often money then time motivated) and there are so many scams and even sadly scam directors out there.

SO.. it is very important to connect with that person. Find out WHY they are interested, what they are looking for and IF they are someone you want to work with. One tip.. always be HONEST but never so honest that their conditioning kicks in and they never give themselves that chance to see the VALUE in our products and opportunity.

When someone says something like "what is this going to cost me" and it is an appropriate question at an appropriate time in the conversation. I say something like, it costs you NOTHING except your time to look at the information and get all the answers you need to make an informed decision about this business opportunity, but yes, mr prospect this is a BUSINESS and NOT a job so there will be an investment of time and money on your part should this be the right fit for YOU. (it is ALL about them and what THEY need and WANT really! REMEMBER THAT!)

then key.. WHY do you ask?

listen very VERY carefully to the answer - not so much the words but the meaning. (I always answer questions briefly and honestly if they have not seen the info yet and get back to their needs by asking a question) If they still present as a serious and genuine prospect then I tell them that I do understand (and as I mentioned I REALLY DO understand what it is LIKE to be broke) but that IF this is the right business for them, and they see an opportunity for themselves that I am committed to helping them get started in their business. Then I tell them WHY that is (and I am really very passionate as you can tell about helping ANYONE with the motivation and desire, regardless of circumstance- your cimcumstances are NOT WHO YOU ARE!)- tell them a small bit about my getting started and then tell them that after they have all the information and want to get started that I have over 34 ways that I can help them do just that. (CSG has a template email that I have added to and personalize to each persons needs and situation) AFTER and ONLY AFTER they have looked at the websites AND been to a Global or business Q&A and say YES, BUT HOW DO I GET THE MONEY? They DO have to go at least that far and prove themselves to me that much.

Just get them to LOOK at the information. If they do, and you have a professional website (non fluff) to send them to- if they ARE the right person for this business, they will have the will to find a way once they see the value in our product and business. A "no brainer" for smart entrepreneurial people even if they ARE really broke. Really, most people simply DO not have money sitting getting dusty in a dresser drawer looking for a home if they are money motivated to start their own business. "I'm Broke" generally really translates into "I don't have the money to loose". That, my friend is either because they have not seen the information and are rightly skeptical OR that they DO NOT HAVE CONFIDENCE in themselves. Look for self esteem- NOT MONEY.

But most people really have no idea what broke really is. I mean, come on.. these broke people- you see them at walmart all the time buying cheap over value. They then go back to walmart or similar establishment in relatively short order to replace said "cheap" yet poor quality item that broke or wore out. That is price over value thinking and it really makes me SO angry that many large chain stores prey on those really poor people and ingrain that thinking and keep them poor while getting rich. Don't get me started!
    Yet you know if their tv or car breaks, they will go and get it fixed or replaced. Figure out if your prospect is skeptical, broke or merely broke minded!

Skeptical is fine.. they can look at the information and get on your team calls and talk to you so they can find out this is real. Broke is fine, they need this and can't afford NOT to find a way.

If they are broke minded, are they so entrenched that they always WILL BE and therefore will always be unsuccessful? Scratch those, pronto. DO NOT WASTE YOUR VALUABLE TIME AND ENERGY ON THEM. They won't see it and if they do, they will think they can invest and somehow get rich quick without changing that mentality. Won't work, just results in frustration for both parties and then they sit around and will try and blame YOU for their failure. You do not want or need these people! Avoid them like the plague! Absolute poison for your business.

Commit to getting them (the quality broke or skeptical ones) all the information, if they see the opportunity for themselves then HELP them get started. You can then know that if they do what they need to from the get-go to start their business, then you have got a very quality person on your hands! Well worth your time to invest on them that little extra BECAUSE they will do what it takes to make themselves successful in this great business and there is NO better feeling then being able to help someone turn their life around like that!

There really are SO many ways for people to get started. It really is not that much money especially when you think about the returns that do come in quickly for those committed entrepreneurs. They will see that, no need to convince them.

It is just plain short sighted in my eyes, to deny those people that "can't afford it" this opportunity. THEY are the ones that really NEED it and will MAKE IT WORK! I also rather think it presents very badly on your part to ditch people because they aren't fluid- it
    really can appear that all you want is their money at the end of the day- they are not their circumstances. What you really should want is the opportunity to help guide them towards the successful, happy and rich life that is every human beings BIRTHRIGHT. Communicate that message and your broke people will be coming in at level II and III.

Personally, I love those quality broke people. To date, they have come through and been a blessing to work with EVERY time. They get in, do what it takes, they upgrade, they are thrilled, I am thrilled. Everyone wins. Me, them, CSG, BOD. Just amazing!

Jani

I hope that helps!
  9. jlDunn

jlDunn New Member

Jani,

You write a story book for every response, but you are so powerful!!!

I love the way you think.....I always talk to the people that are really looking for something because they need it, but can't afford it, and how do you talk to them....I always want to help them out, I want them to get in with Coastal and see their problems vanish....not only financially, but emotionally as well.....

I love CSG, I am new to a small town with a strong religious background that I do not belong to, I don't know anyone here, and spend all my time with my kids (9 months and 5) which I love, but don't carry on the greatest conversations......Coastal has allowed me to talk to new people everyday, there is support everywhere I turn.....I want to be able to give that to others to, so how do I do it???

Lindsay
  10. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Hi Lindsey!

Thanks so much for the compliment, I hope that my experiences can help others.

I have a little one as well, and am moving to a small town in a new province as of Sunday! I adore the ability to meet and connect with new people everyday. Its WONDERFUL!

My best advice to you, is just BE yourself! Have fun, feel good and attract others with similar values and philosophy to you. You are new, but you have done your due diligence and you are already more expert then the prospects you are speaking with. You KNOW somethings that they DON'T. Value that within yourself that makes YOU unique and wonderful. Show that to the people you meet in your coastal adventures. Do that personal development- it is so very important. Your business will only grow as much as you do.

Believe in yourself and your success. Celebrate each and every accomplishment, no matter how tiny. Be grateful for all that which comes into your life. Focus on the positive, learn from your challenges. Never stop learning, understand that there is ALWAYS room for improvement- I don't care who you are or how good. Be yourself, be proud of who you are and what you stand for. Let that come forth and radiate from every pore.

WHO YOU ARE is your gift to others. The business and the freedom it brings from so many of lifes very real challenges is the fringe benefit.

That is why I think the way I do!

Cheers!

Jani
  11. roger

roger New Member

Lindsay,
    There is a book written by Wallace D. Wattles waaay back in 1910 which I'm sure you and many of our forum brethren know about. It's free and available in the public domain called 'the science of getting rich'. If you google it you'll find it.

There are countless books that provide you with what you're looking for but to start, I believe this will help you, at least in terms of your mindset of giving and receiving. If you've already read it, I'd encourage a re-visit!

[​IMG]

Roger
  12. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

yes, Roger that IS a great book! Lots of others too, the oldies tend to be the goodies!

On the topic of receiving, Phil Laut is my coach. He has a really AWESOME dual channel recording audio which I can't speak highly enough of. Its available on his website for something like $20 and will help in every aspect of your life. Its phillaut.com Well worth checking out!

Cheers

Jani
  13. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

Quoting: jlDunnI would have to agree with Jani -I think it is much easier to accept it when you do the work, I also have an easier time justifying the 2-ups that way. Your director is supposed to be there to help you out, to support you, and assist you in any way they can, I think they should earn their training pay!!

Wow...a lot of misconceptions about the Call Center in this thread.

Enough has been said, but I did want to add that Harold has more than earned his training pay!

(Thanks, Harold!)

[​IMG]
  14. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Thanks, Dawn![​IMG]
  15. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Again.. it is all about finding the right director for you. It is very unfortunate that this happens. But it DOES happen in every group I have ever heard of. By no means are all directors created equal- even within the same group.

Really, when bringing people into MY business, I also have my mind towards "is this the kind of person I want to have representing myself, my group and coastal vacations". This is because I don't want to be releasing directors who will not serve their team, my group (as in the CSG) or coastal vacations as a whole.

I would be so very disappointed to see someone I had helped release provide poor or inadequate support or training to his/her members and really feel awful if they stranded them. I know I can't control or predict the future, but I do try to be mindful of what that persons charactor might be.

I know it DOES happen, and it often can happen for very good reasons. I'm willing to step in and help others in coastal who have run into this unfortunate situation, because it really should NOT happen to anyone in this business. I hope that should anyone need to go AWOL or take time off for whatever reason they would at LEAST inform their team and upline director. I fully expect that if a director is "too busy" to help a team member who asks for it that they would direct them to someone who does. Really, communication will make all the difference in the world.

Just my .02!

Jani
    L3 Director, CSG
  16. roger

roger New Member

Harold is a good, honest man, that's for sure!
    Knowing Harold as I do, knowing Dawn on our team and I will throw my hat in the ring for myself, you cannot have a more committed and dedicated group of people to help with your success!

I agree, when you are choosing a Director make sure he/she has you in mind!

Geez, I'm feeling a group hug coming on?

[​IMG]

Roger
  17. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

An International Group Hug- What could be better?!
  18. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

My husband Dan and I to can be counted in as a good Director.
    We may not be part of the Harold team but we will treat you right!!

[​IMG]

Terri

(Toot your own horn day)[​IMG]
  19. jlDunn

jlDunn New Member

Add my name to that list to please!!!
    And maybe Thomas, and Dawn, and Roger, and Jani, and Lora, and soon Robert.....and anyone else here!!
  20. roger

roger New Member

Kum-bye-yaaa my Lord....Kum-bye-yaaaaaa....
    hehe

[​IMG]

Roger