Advice On Keyword Generating Tools

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by Travis Korns, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Travis Korns New Member

Hello, I'm considering purchasing a keyword tool. I know Market Samurai and Micro Niche Finder are the two big ones that I've herd the most about. I'm still rather new to Affiliate marketing, and to say I feel overwhelmed with the wealth of knowledge, resources, and different software products is a slight understatement. I have affiliate marketing A.D.D and I buy every product who's sales page I come across. Most turn out to be junk. However, I do believe that one of these two tools could "actually" be of great service to me in my endeavours. My question is, what product would you recommend for a novice affiliate marketer? What has been your experience with either or each of these products and are they really worth it?
  2. kenwrites New Member

Personally I would go with the market Samurai. Not only is it a good keyword tool, but it also gives you some insight into your potential direct competition and so much more.
  3. talfighel Silver Member

I don't think that you should buy any of these tools. You should save your money for other things.

You can get as good as quality keywords with Google's keyword tool:

https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/Explorer?__u=1000000000&__c=1000000000&stylePrefOverrid e=2#search.none!ideaType=KEYWORD&requestType=IDEAS
  4. Travis Korns New Member

Thanks for the info guys. I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed, and seem to spend hours searching for keywords. If I could cut this time down, and ensure that I'm getting keywords that are actually worth the time and effort, I would be very happy to spend some money on a automated product. God knows I've spent hundreds on useless products, so buying one that's actually worth the money would be cool.
  5. happywife Gold Member

Travis, what are you actually doing with the keywords you are researching? What I mean is, what kind of marketing are you pursuing?

The reason I ask is because I found keyword research a bit daunting when I started out, too. There were a variety of free tools recommended at that time (about 5 years ago) and they seemed to contradict each other. Perhaps I just wasn't understanding it all enough back then.

(Funny how you don't always know what you don't know until later when you do know.) [IMG]

Anyway, one of THE best parts of SBI (in my opinion) is their brainstorming tool for keyword research. It's remarkable and is included in their site building package. That one tool is worth the price of SBI alone (again, in my opinion).

So, if you are planning to build a niche website with these keywords your are researching, get the whole "kit and caboodle" (do people still say that?) and do it properly.

Having a proven step-by-step system to follow will also cut down dramatically on the overwhelmed feeling, too. [IMG]

If you're not going down the theme based niche website route, then learning how to use Google's keyword tool or paying for Wordtracker may be the way to go for you.

Blessings,
    Angie
  6. robinincarolina Silver Member

I only use Google adwords tracker like talfighel above. That and my imagination work well together. I think "how would I search for this" then play with the Google tool. I did a trial of Market Samurai and I liked it too, but I do fine with the free one so I discontinued it.
  7. mountainmom5 Gold Member

I like the SBI tool too, but I still use the free Google keyword tool for most of my stuff. [IMG]
  8. Travis Korns New Member

thanks for the info, I've never herd of SBI, but am checking them out now[IMG]
  9. happywife Gold Member

You're welcome! Let us know what you think. [IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  10. yasser New Member

google adwords keyword tool would do. Niche finder is fine also
  11. shuvo New Member

I would say when you're a newbie always go for the free option-gather enough knowledge and then buy your necessary stuffs.I would reckon you to use Google adwords keyword tool and its one of the finest tool in KW research area.
  12. whino New Member

Hi folks. I'm a newbie to SEO having taken up what was a hobby as a part time job now I am semi-retired. Can I pick someone's brain please? [IMG]

I keep reading about long tail keywords and I understand that these are longer sets such as "dog and puppy training videos" I believe would qualify as one?

Assuming I find some and decide to use the best ones in the web page text and meta tags etc.

Am I doing this so that the search engines can read them and rank for relevance when they scan the page or are they there so that I can go and write articles about the subject putting links back to those pages with the keywords on. Or is it for both reasons maybe?

I ask because when I check a typical long tail keyword I usually discover there were very few searches for it? That obviously doesn't matter if they are there only for links? Am I making sense[IMG]
  13. Ritu Anand Member

How important is it to do SEO search? Currently, I just write a few blogs each week. Would it help me to do SEO search to in order to optimize my blog? Or is SEO search only useful for websites? It is so confusing and yet so educating as well to read and learn about affiliate marketing.
  14. sunnyblue New Member

I would say don't invest money in purchasing a keyword tool, you can use free keyword tool i.e. Adwords keyword tool which is effective as it collects data from Google searches.