Affiliate Marketing and a Good Product

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by robinincarolina, Dec 1, 2011.

1. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I have been hanging out here on this forum on and off for about 2 years now. I am an affiliate marketer. I am in the dating and relationship niche, and am venturing into spirituality. I haven't contributed much because I still see myself as a newbie. Maybe I am not really a newbie anymore, just really suck at the technical aspect of the job.

Anyway, never underestimate the power of a good product with high conversion rate. When I say good product, I mean all around, not just great content. You can promote a great content product and it won't earn you a dime if the maker of the product hasn't done their homework.

Does the product have an opt in form? Sure I would love to have my own opt in form and there is a place for that, but when there is an opt in form on the sales page and the person doesn't buy that time, they get an email from the creater consistently and this is often when they buy. Most affiliate programs store this thing that I don't understand called a cookie for a certain amount of time, so if that person did not buy on the first presentation, they very well may after a few emails from the creator and I still get credit for the sale.

That being said, before I promote a product, I opt in and check out their campaign. It makes a big difference.

Can't say enough about high converting products. Some say there is too much competition, but that doesn't really deter me. I have a Squidoo lens on one topic in dating a relationships and added a link to a product that may be in a completely different niche and it out sales the original niche hands down. The lens was getting a ton of traffic but little sales. One little change with this high converting product and I have $300 more a week now. The sales page is that good apparently.

Just my two cents for today. [​IMG]
  2. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

Hey,

I'm also involved in that niche (dating guides for men specifically) and I find that the products which have lead forms are the ones that are the most converting too.

The sales seem to be very low in my experience compared to other niches that I've ventured with (made 11 amazon sales yesterday from a new site) and I think the marketing strategies have to become more and more effective.

I am in the process of testing a few things out myself [​IMG]
  3. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Hmmm..robinincarolina by any chance is there any mention in your dating and relationship niche about male or female enhancement issues?
  4. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

robinincarolina: That being said, before I promote a product, I opt in and check out their campaign. It makes a big difference.
    That's a smart thing to do! When you can get a first hand view of a product to see how it works, check out the marketing tools and understand the promotional strategy, it makes it much easier for you to throw your weight behind it... assuming that it meets your criteria, of course!

Hermas
  5. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Robin,

Although affiliate programs are great to make money online, this strategy I believe is not the best way to go if you are looking for long term success.

I still think that people should get into MLM online that has a capture page and promote it for long term residual income. For the same efforts and money that you are sending to those offers, you can spend the same money for your lead capture MLM page and build a large team of affiliates.
  6. aniket

aniket New Member

hi....its really important to check the salespage itself before promoting any product....good for reputation also....a good page can badly hurt the conversion rate...

Regards
    Aniket
  7. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

If the product owner has set up follow up campaigns then he/she knows a bit about marketing and the importance being able to follow up with potential prospects.

Only challenge is when the set up does not involve being able to make sure those leads go to your list. There was one campaign I tested and shortly after register the owner started sending personal links. In other words many of the affiliates were building the owners list so that hey could make sales of other products.

So always go for building your own list and follow up campaigns.
  8. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Hello again.

No male enhancement products, sorry.

Thanks but no thanks on the MLM, it's not for me. I find I prosper if I am passionate about the subject, which happens to be the case with dating and relationships. Have yet to find a mlm product that floats my boat.

In affiliate marketing there are lots of product that are residual. Membership websites for one. I myself pay $47.00 per month to be a member of a website that has greatly enhanced my self growth.

I have my own website that is building my own list, but currently my income is from my Squidoo lens and blogs for the most part because that has been where I have put in my work for two years now. It is paying off, very much so by the way.

My long term success plan involves my own products and a paid members area of my forum and website. That is a work in progress currently. I also do coaching one on one.

For anyone new reading this thread, there are unlimited ways to make money online. Affiliate marketing is one of them. Sorry talfighel, but I have to agree to disagree with you on this one. The proof is in my pudding.
  9. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

robinincarolina: For anyone new reading this thread, there are unlimited ways to make money online.
    Exactly! However, we get so caught up with our perspectives that it becomes impossible to look beyond them. Some of those whose income dried up due to unforeseen situations where often surprised to find other avenues that were virtually unseen/unbelievable earlier. Here's one of them:

How Adsense nearly killed me - Yet taught me a great lesson in life!

Don't believe everything you see. Keep your mind open and free.