Affiliate Marketing

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by ianswinno, Sep 4, 2011.

1. ianswinno

ianswinno New Member

Hi, I have recently started affiliate marketing and have created a free website promoting womens health product. Only had 30-80 uniques per day (80 being the highest), the site is basic and is only hosted on weebly. Soon going to go with Wordpress and hostgator as the host. I had a blog on the site which I am going to remove, I need help in having a great home page to get the consumer interested and then over to the sales page. Not sure what to do. I have been researching the market now for six months and I have info overload with all the software out there promising the earth. Need a concrete blueprint which is easy to understand and literally step by step.

Here'shoping

Ian
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

80 uniques is actually not bad for a new site! Can you tell us what your site is so we can take a look at it? You can't post it in the forum as a link but you can say something like womanshealth dot com and we'll know what to look for. [​IMG]

Believe me, affiliate marketing is an ever learning process as far as getting traffic and then having the traffic turn into sales for you!
  3. ianswinno

ianswinno New Member

mountainmom5

Hi, thanks for getting back. Its breast augmentation cream dot weebly dot com. It's not a great site and it really is in its early stages.

Ian
  4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

That's an interesting niche! So I do have a question. How did you get 80 unique visitors to your website? Was it targeted traffic, meaning did they find you thru searching for breast creams or how did they find you....
  5. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

The software product overload, oh my, been there done that. I have article submitters, rewriters. I have all sorts of things that promise to make things easier. I no longer even pay attentions to all of these software gadgets. I am sure some are worth it, but I find that usually I can find what I need just by Googling.

I am technically challenged to put it mildly. I have an ebook now up and selling online and I found everything I needed for free on youtube. There are tons of videos offering free instructions on about anything you can imagine. I had my ebook done in less than two days. It does need some tweaking and dressing up, but hey it's up and making me money.

I am also a member of a group on facebook that shares info about wordpress. So many resources out there that won't cost you a dime.
  6. ianswinno

ianswinno New Member

mountainmom5
    Hi

I wrote articles and submitted them to any article site I could, also chased free backlinks. Also used hubpage and squidoo, just about any source I could. If you have looked at the site its not great so I have pretty much left it at the moment and I am thinking of an ebook instead.

Ian
  7. ianswinno

ianswinno New Member

robinincarolina
    Hi

Just read your post and it's good to see that I am not the only one that needed some guidance. I am new to marketing and I want to write my own ebook, I am really interested in how you cracked it. I have clicked on your link which doesnt appear to be working, its probably my laptop....its new. Can you let me know what systems you used etc..if you want my email address I am happy to provide it.

thanks

Ian
  8. mreese601

mreese601 Member

Ian the quickest way to success is to find you a mentor in the area that you want to master. It will save you time and energy. Find a great coach just one to start off with and learn all you can.
  9. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I am not going to make a long post here but I just wanted to add that if you are not building some sort of a network marketing opportunity online, you are missing out on BIG money in the future.
  10. dann

dann New Member

30 - 80 uniques per day is not bad.

as for free advertising, remember to join forums and post where relevant. it wouldn't be that wise to post your content on forums exactly since we're all in the same kind of business (that business being work at home / affiliate marketing.)

commenting on articles with your site hyperlinked is also good but leave elaborate comments for that so its less likely to be perceived as spam.

But if your niche related to work at home or anything on this forum it would be fine to post on here where appropriate.
    (like.... a signature)