Afiliate Marketing

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by christina4733, Apr 10, 2011.

1. christina4733 New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I just started learning about the blogging business, and how you can generate an income with a blog. There is so much information on the web, that I'm trying to just get basic info where it's not confusing for the newbie. Any advice would be great. Oh I heard of WA but at this point it seems too much to john 97 and then a reoccuring monthly fee. How is the program, and is it worth it for a newbie like myself. Thank you.
  2. MeganFreed New Member

Blogging can be a very lucrative to way to make money. It takes awhile though. It's not something that's going to happen overnight. Try reading up on SEO and optimizing your blog, be sure you have good content, submit your articles to places like EzineArticles, comment on other peoples' blogs, possibly even think about adding Adsense and be patient. It takes time and effort but once you make that first bit of money you will be glad you worked as hard as you did.

Good luck!!
  3. ThinkBig New Member

Find a topic a niche you are passionate about and start writing. 2 posts a day is great, 1 post a day is good, 3-5 posts a week should be a minimum goal. After 6 months you'll have a good start on the amount of content you have and will be getting some traffic. In the meantime learn about seo and the best ways to optimize your blog and posts.

Understand that it will take time and don't plan on monetizing it for at least 6 months.
  4. christina4733 New Member

Thank you both for the information. That is exactly what I've been doing, is reading. I haven't read so much as I am doing now. There is a lot of information on the net, but once you really understand the process it sort of all falls in place. I take a lot of notes, and really just go step by step. As you can see I need to fix the picture on this forum, and fix my link. [IMG]
  5. christina4733 New Member

I don't like the way the picture is, I can't make it any smaller or it won't work, but it's coming out blurry or wide.. what a pain.
  6. talfighel Silver Member

A program that gives you a MONTHLY recurring commissions is always good. It is better to get paid each month for a customer then to get a one time commission and that's it.

Too many affiliates are making that mistake. I am not saying that you should not promote ONE time offers. I am just saying that you should focus more and more on products that give you recurring commissions.

Tal
  7. christina4733 New Member

Hi Can you give me some ideas? I feel like just quitting, and I don't want to be a quitter. Things take time in life. And I actually like writing.
  8. happywife Gold Member

Hi Christina,

Certainly don't quit, particularly if you enjoy writing. Online marketing is perfect for you in that case. [IMG]

Hands down, the thing that helped me the most when I was getting started was the free ebook called the Affiliate Masters Course. It's referring more to building a regular website rather than a blog, but if you are determined to stick with a blog, the basic principles/concept of how to do it successfully are the same.

It can be very confusing reading so many different opinions and techniques - I remember well - but this just made everything "click" for me and perhaps it will for you too.

Blessings,
    Angie
  9. TFranklin New Member

Hi Christina,

Personally, I think you need to find a mentor or a program for newbie's. I say this because, when I first started I had absolutely no direction. I was like a fish out of water, flopping around, gasping for air!

It wasn't until I found a mentor, someone who could teach me the process from beginning to end, that it finally fell into place. There is so much information out there, it's easy to get lost.

There is a great thread "Who has a good mentor they can recommend" on this forum site that will get you started in the right direction.

Good Luck,
    TaSha
  10. katereber New Member

christina4733: Hi Can you give me some ideas? I feel like just quitting, and I don't want to be a quitter. Things take time in life. And I actually like writing.
    Hello Christina,
    Good day to you, well, quiting is not a good idea, it is not the solution of your problem.. There's a lot of good advice here from members of this forum. If you really like writing, go for it and work hard for it.. You can do it, just don't give up..
  11. Takuyah New Member

If you like writing, you can be a freelance writer and get people to pay you for writing articles for them. There are sites where you can advertise your skill eg. elance dot com.
    However if you looking at making money from your blog then you need to know how to monetized your site.
    There are lots of information online but it can too much to take in...
  12. michaelcole New Member

Hey Christina, I went to check out your blog and it wasn't there, I hope that means you got serious and got a self hosted blog.

As far as what to blog about, you say you like to write, that's great! What else do you like to do? What are your hobbies, the things you talk about?

Find an interesting way to blog about your hobbies and then market tools or tips about it.

Just don't give up, ever.