Agents...What kind of phone and headset are you using??

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by MrsM, Apr 1, 2008.

1. MrsM

MrsM New Member

Hi All,

I am having serious problems keeping my phone charged. It is a good GE phone and we've never had problems until now.
    I can only work for an hour or so and then my phone starts beeping low battery at me.
    We went and bought a brand new battery and for a while it worked fine. I could work for hours with no problems. Now it is doing the same thing. The only thing I can think of is that the headset is draining the battery. I'm using a very basic $30 or so headset from Office Depot.
    I really need to get something working quickly as I need the hours.
    Could you all let me know what kind of set up you are using. I've ended up holding the phone and that just does not work! Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! If you would, please email me at [email protected].
    Thank you!
  2. rosielopey

rosielopey New Member

I bought my corded phone from Radio Shack and purchased my headset from there also. The phone cost about 69.00 and it has a headset button so when a call comes in I just press the button and don't have to pick up the handset. I bought the headset there also and it cost about 29.99 and it is excellent. You may want to check your local radio shack as I am very pleased with the set up and the sound clarity is excellent.
  3. MrsM

MrsM New Member

Thanks Rosie, I will head to Radio Shack! [​IMG]
  4. MrsM

MrsM New Member

Rosie,

Could you tell me what brand/manufacturer of phone you are using? I went to Radio Shack and they did not have anything like what you have. They basically could not help me! I've been trying to find a phone that works well with a headset and I'm striking out! Thank you so much.
  5. rosielopey

rosielopey New Member

I went on the Radio Shack website and tried to find a picture of it.
    Just go back and let the attendent know you need a 1 line corded phone with headset capabilities. I did see a few of them on there.
    I could not see a model number on mine and I thought I kept the box but I guess I threw it away. Don't let them try to sell you an expensive one, around 50-70 dollars is good enough. The one I have is excellent. Radio Shack products are so much better than what walmart sells.
    When I first started I was like you my batteries kept going down and one night during my shift my phone went completely dead. Thank God I only had 10 minutes left on my shift and did not get penalized as heavily as I thought I would have been.
    Let me know if I can be of more help
    Rosie
  6. missy6953

missy6953 New Member

I use a Plantronics Practica T-100. It is a land line phone pad with headset and I paid 39.95 on ebay. It's great!
  7. Casper

Casper New Member

I use VOIP with a Logitech headset & Mic combination.
  8. vkin9772

vkin9772 New Member

Hey all...just wanted to share I bought my headset from Freds. It came with the phone and all. 10 bucks and it works great!
  9. MrsM

MrsM New Member

[​IMG]Thanks everyone for your replies.
  10. rsoler

rsoler New Member

REGARDING headsets!

IF anyone needs a headset try discount.mall they are incredibly cheap i got my plantronics for only 29.99 with the adapter. AND they mail it out fast within 3days you recieved it without paying extra cause they use ups.

RO
  11. WorkAtHomePro

WorkAtHomePro New Member

I use a Plantronics S12, and it works great! I'm always heard very easily and I hear everyone else just fine. It's very comfortable and easy to use, and it has a lot of adjustments and has endured just fine, although I do feel there is some room for quality improvement overall.

And yes, Ebay is the place to get these things very cheaply! ($17. for mine)

WorkAtHomePro