Alexa ranking affects Google search results

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by josaphlewis, Jul 18, 2010.

1. josaphlewis

josaphlewis Guest

I created my website recently. I need to know about how Alexa ranking impacts Google search results. Do you think it would be a good idea to obtain an old domain and use a 301 redirect to improve my Alexa ranking and factors of domain age? I need to desperately improve my Alex ranking. I have already indulged in backlinking. I understand the importance of the same. Does Alexa ranking impact Google search results? Does anyone know about it? Please let me know at the earliest. I am looking forward to hearing from all of you. Thanks.

2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

If you want to improve your ALEXA ranking, I would suggest that you write article, join some forums and post your website there, post at blogs, and do this consistently and your ranking will be a whole lot better.

Tal

3. LawrenceTam

LawrenceTam New Member

i think your missing the point. Alexa ranking has nothing to do with what your looking for. You want traffic hence your concern for increasing Google Rankings.

But.

Alexa is just a view counter and traffic trending report with those who have the toolbar installed. For the most part it's just an indicator of domain owners hitting your site. Really means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

There are so many little tricks you can do to inflate the Alexa but in the end it will NOT boost your organic searches in google.

learn real online traffic generation like discussed above and then put it on steroids by learning good SEO and keyword methods.

4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Amen - Amen and Amen to all the above.[​IMG]

You are wasting valuable energy by hovering over Alexa readings. There is no fuel like unique content and the story of the hare and the turtle is still true today. lol[​IMG]

5. gowriter

gowriter Member

Alexa ranking is different from Google page ranks.

Alexa is owned by Amazon.com, and all it tells you is how a website is ranked out of millions of registered sites online. That's it. If a website has an Alexa rank of 1234, it just means that it's ranked 1234 out of 60,000,000, for example.

Google page rank is different. It ranks your pages on your website, not the site itself.

A domain like EzineArticles.com is a page also. It's an index page or a home page. You can check to see how many backlinks a site has by entering the URL in Yahoo Site Explorer.

Keep in mind that Google has over 200+ criteria to determine how a page ranks. Backlinks is one of the most important criterion. However, the higher the PR, the stronger the backlink.

6. MartinJames

MartinJames New Member

Alexa provides information about websites including Top Sites, Internet Traffic Stats, but it has nothing to do with Google, Google is separate search engine where as Alexa is just a tool. Want to increase Alexa rank get traffic, social media sites really helps you in this

7. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

talfighel: If you want to improve your ALEXA ranking, I would suggest that you write article,
    Seriously? [​IMG]

With this idea it will take years, and that is only if you get consistent click throughs.

To make a dent on alexa rankings you need to be getting mass amounts of uniques a day.
    btw 500 - 1000 per day consistently. And ahem! it doesnt even matter if its real or fake traffic.

Think about it, if you analyze the number one page on google for a highly competitive keyword, its alexa ranking is really good. This is because of the high traffic that this site is getting consistently, daily.

Unless you are in this top position you have no chance of reducing alexa ranking. unless you have access to some cool bots, and a huge list of proxies.

8. fixaprob

fixaprob New Member

i think Alexa ranking is meaning less in Google search result..google page rank is different..and Alexa ranking is different...

9. dotnettraining

dotnettraining New Member

interesting discussions , thanks all postings