Already made a squidoo lens, can I transfer it to new username?

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by redsadie, Apr 17, 2009.

1. redsadie

redsadie New Member

I made a lens about jewellery making under my initial username, but upon reading in more depth OWM I decided to make a pseudonym (sp?) to write all my jewellery topics under. Does anyone know if I can transfer my lens I've already made to my new username?

Many thanks

As Always

xx

2. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Ok, found out how to do it [​IMG]

xx

3. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Good for you! Please share. I'd like to know. [​IMG]

Hermas

4. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Hi Hermas, sorry *blush*

I got all excited!

I actually took a look through my profile page on Squidoo (if you're anything like me, you've been active on there a while and just jumped straight in!). Down the left of the screen is a long list of titles, some you can click. I scrolled down and found a title you can't click called 'Don't miss this tool' and under this is a clickable link that says 'transfer a lens'.

Once you've clicked the link, all you have to do is select the lens you want to transfer and enter the email of the person you want to transfer it to. They will receive an email stating you have requested them to look after your lens. They then put their Squidoo user details in and presto! They now have your lens [​IMG]

Hope that hepled [​IMG]

xx

5. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Thanks for that! I learned something new today.

Hermas

6. Sweetestmiracle

Sweetestmiracle New Member

WOW! Thanks for sharing that information. This something new for me too[​IMG]

7. kitcate

kitcate New Member

Yes, you can do this ~ great explanation redsadie! [​IMG]

8. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Thanks redsadie for sharing that. You just proved , once again why this is my favorite forum ! [​IMG]

9. bOsiNg

bOsiNg New Member

thanks redsadie! i learned somthing new today

10. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Gee, thanks guys [​IMG]

It's amazing what you can find when you need to isn't it!?

And it's nice to be able to give something back for a change [​IMG]

11. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

thanks for the info red.. i'm glad to know that

12. redsadie

redsadie New Member

I just found it handy as I have a few little niches up my sleeve and didn't want to mix them all up with the same name thus transferring one of my lenses from my original username to my new pen name similar to having pen names on ezine articles.

The only thing with Squidoo is that you have to set up a completely different profile with a separate email address for your other niche pen names rather than just adding on as with Ezine.

Glad you found it helpful [​IMG]

xx

13. vikramhjain

vikramhjain Guest

thank for great information

14. yahia

yahia Member

Hi redsadie,

There is another tool that you MUST use with all your squidoo lenses. Go to the edit mode of each one of your lenses, and to the right hand corner find a link that says: "save my lens text to my computer".

I had about 5 lenses that had been blocked then deleted for no good reason. It happens and they change the rules very often. A copy on your hard drive is necessary in case you want to move everything to blogger (worse than squidoo in terms of deleting your content) or, better, to your own domain.

All the best.

15. mbasa

mbasa Member

This is interesting information indeed. So basically I can create lenses for other people if they are willing to pay for my services?