Amazon Marketing Research for Newbies

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by aniket, Sep 10, 2011.

1. aniket

aniket New Member

Hi...
    I would like to share some tips for newbies looking to get their feet wet in IM.

--always keep ur eyes open if you like to promote Amazon products.Look around for new products that are going to be launched...flip through pages of magazines in stores...
    --once u found a product check for its previous releases and how popular they were.
    -- e.g. if u wish to promote Panasonic ABC-300 model look for ABC-200 and ABC-100..u can check the company's website for that.
    --use keyword tool to check how many exact searches the earlier models had ..go for 1500-2000+ exact searches .
    -use google insights to check the popularity of searches for the model u wish to promote.
    -look for exact domain names e.g. abc-300.com.If its already taken go for .net or .org and the extension doesnt really matter to search engines...
    --once u get the domain name build a site around it preferably a wordpress site.

i find above research method useful..some associates even go to the extent of buying domain names for product that may release after an year or so to gain an extra edge over the crowd...but there is always a risk of the product getting flop..

hope it helps...

Amazon experts please pour in your ideas and comments

Regards
    Aniket
  2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Another great advice I would give them is to keep trying and never give up. What ever will work for you, keep on doing that.

If other people are succeeding then you can too. They are not smarter then you. They just took action and never gave up.

You can succeed too.
  3. nickv_uk

nickv_uk New Member

Hi, It seems my interest in IM is being reawakened, after a gap of nearly 4 yrs on this forum - wow the perils of inaction !

Aniket outlines a useful research strategy, in chsoosing a niche I have been reflecting on whether it is better to "follow the money" or "follow your passion".

Like most newbies I dont (yet) have the necesary skills to go down Anikets route, to keep me motivated whilst I learn I need to have an interest in the topic I work on.

So long as I'm learning "how to do it" it does not matter if I don't earn, what matters is that I learn something new.

At a latter stage when I have learned, then I can look for opportunities....

then ah that looks like a possibility,
    -set up a mini site
    -drive some traffic give a it a few weeks see what happens,
    -make some changes to improve conversions,
    -review the results,
    -decide whether its worth pursuing,
    -if not more on.

Nickv
  4. aniket

aniket New Member

nickv_uk: -set up a mini site -drive some traffic give a it a few weeks see what happens, -make some changes to improve conversions, -review the results,
    hi Nick ..if u can do all the above points then u are well set to start[​IMG]

nickv_uk: whether it is better to "follow the money" or "follow your passion".
    initially its better if u do not think about dollars and do it more as a hobby or something u do in leisure time..
    but do it regularly...

concentrating only on money can hurt bad because it gets frustrating when cash doesnt roll in and hence people quit...

as u may know it is more than possible to make real good money online...all required is patience and focus...

Regards
    Aniket
  5. Great information Aniket.

I do the same research, but don't actually create a website for each individual product.