Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by Predaliendog, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Predaliendog

Predaliendog New Member

Sorry I couldn't find anything searching. But my question is: Is Amway still a viable MLM? Or did that ship already sail?
  2. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

In my opinion that ship has already sailed... There are other MLM's out there that have not yet reached their Peak.... However, on the upside I guess Amway is stable compare to new companies.
    If you are genuine interested in their products I'll say go for it but if you are looking to make money then I'd suggest you look for something else...
    This is just my opinion anyway...
  3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Just think about how many guys and ladies turn 18 today in your area?

How many of them will have never saw that business or any other company.

Amway is still going strong and MLM in general will never saturate. Thinking like that is not the way to go and is WRONGFUL thinking.
  4. Moreair

Moreair New Member

I think Amway still has wind, but it will be a very slow breeze. I would look for a promising pre-launch. Try to pick a company that looks like it will be relevant in five years. Does it have something unique? Does it have something people use? Can it keep up with technological innovations?
  5. AllanJames

AllanJames New Member

Hmm .... no disrespect but I keep hearing things like this and it's NOT true (though I'm sure you think it is)

Your success online, your attainment of freedom relies on much more important things than that!

I don't think I'm allowed to post a link to my blog here but I've just finished a post 'Are you able to discern the truth from the, oft repeated, fictions you hear so often?' because I'm tired of people wasting time and money following methods, and perceptions that are so far off track.

It's really important to weed out the wheat from the chaff that gets thrown around so easily in our industry and keeps people poor.
  6. Kyle.S.

Kyle.S. New Member

Truth be told, it's not the company or the comp plan that matters most when looking at an MLM. It's the people. It's the mentorship, the system of support, and the hearts of those you're looking to work with. You can have the best company/comp plan in the world and have terrible mentorship, or a horrible comp plan with awkward products and people will flock there because of the people involved in helping train newcomers. Amway is just like any other company, you will have good teams and bad ones. There is still a huge potential for income if you hook up with the right team.
  7. swampqueen32

swampqueen32 Member

My son got involved with Quixtar about 12 years ago. When he showed me the products, I recognized Amway right away.
    Anytime a company has to change it's name in order to do business, I would wonder what happened in their past. I never heard good things about Amway. Mostly, it sounded like only a few at the top made the money.

Taking the time to research projects can save a lot of heartache and headaches. :)
    payment proof likes this.
  8. Ktpayers

Ktpayers New Member

Amway is one of those companies that has given the network marketing industry a bad name in my opinion. Everytime you share an opportunity with someone the think of Amway. Now you have to show them how you are not that comapany. People are also generally lazy so they won't take time to research what you may have to offer.
    payment proof likes this.
  9. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Every network marketer owes a debt of gratitude to Amway, imo. They fought the fight so that MLM could stand. That being said opportunity does exist with it but like stocks there are growth stocks and their are your stocks for getting paid dividends.

For me Amway is not a company that I can reasonable expect huge growth in my favor that would give me a true potential to earn $100,000 per month. That's my bench mark. For others that want a long term established company and possible a few hundred a month after a few years, a company like Amway may work for them.

I think you have to decide what you want out of your network marketing company. I see too many that join companies for products and promote that they would be better off as customers.

There are those the never heard of Amway and are joining daily. It just proves that old haters statement that "you run out of people" is a falsehood.

Compensation plans do matter. I think even more so in these economic times than any other. However, if you do not have the right executive leadership, and team support/mentorship it's all for naught. It took me 4 years to finally find the company that could give me the Financial Prosperity I was seeking.

Continued Prosperity