An Area for Website Promotion

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by TryJuicePlus, Jun 27, 2005.

1. TryJuicePlus

TryJuicePlus New Member

I would like to see a website area available for people to review that are legitimate work at home opportunities. Many people may come here hoping to find answers to a work at home opportunity and this seems more like a question and answer forum. I think all 3 could help someone make an informative decision about working from home.
  2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Do you mean a forum where users can advertise their opportunities? I believe that would make the users more confused.

My opinion is that the #1 reason people join business opportunities under a sponsor is due to the trust they develop with their sponsors. And the best way to build that is to help them with genuine interest. If they find you genuine and trustworthy, they'll join under you. Of course, the opportunity that you are promoting also matters to some extent.

However, taking your suggestion into consideration, I have modified the forum policy a bit regarding posting your urls with your posts. You can read the modified terms of usage.
  3. I think an ad page would only take away from the forum as a whole.
    If someone posts something that interests you, do what I do,
    Visit their site. It is always in the signature (as far as I know).
    You can see what they are about and make a decision as to whether you want to form a business relationship with them.
    Joe
  4. Vishal P. Rao

Quoting: mcbsconsultingIf someone posts something that interests you, do what I do, Visit their site. It is always in the signature (as far as I know).

Exactly! But this simple thing is what most message board posters don't seem to understand and they blatantly post spam hoping to drive visitors to their site.
  5. gary99

gary99 New Member

I still wonder if creating a advertisements forum would help cut down on the spam we see on the rest of the site. Seems most days when I log in, many of the new posts are from spammers. Not saying this will eliminate the problem, but it might help. Spam certainly comes with this topic.

Just my $0.02.

Cheers,
    Gary
  6. Hey guys,
    The problem with creating an advertisement only site is...
    WHO would go there???
    The reason someone invented the remote for your TV is to avoid commercials.
    See ya,
    J.
  7. Vishal P. Rao

Quoting: mcbsconsultingThe problem with creating an advertisement only site is...
    WHO would go there???

Only advertisers [​IMG]
  8. haiunilever

haiunilever New Member

Totally agree with you Vishal.
    So, how about a classified ad?
  9. Vishal P. Rao

I'll be introducing that section pretty soon haiunilever.
  10. Julia

Julia New Member

I agree that we need an area to post legitimate work/home opportunities. Another great idea would be to have a mastermind/brain storming area to help each other grow our businesses. Jack Canfield did this with Tony Robbins, Mark Victor Hansen and more...and look where it got them! IN this room, there are great minds. we should help lift each other up and learn and grow our businesses! and, sure, drum up some business at the same time--nothing wrong with that!
    I sell books on weight loss and am a Juice Plus + distributor, too. My book is available in stores or Amazon, Awaken the Diet Within and I have a new one coming on July 2006--very exciting and all done from home!
  11. carolgoetz

carolgoetz New Member

Hey all,

This is my first post.

I just started a website and my goal is to ultimately work from home through that; of course baby steps and no sales yet but wish me luck.

Carol

AllAroundGifts.com
  12. kathyf

kathyf New Member

You have hit on the major problem with internet "money makers."

Who wants to read ads? I don't. Neither does anyone else.

I tried more than my share of that junk for years.

I finally signed up for "Internet Get Rich Quick Schemes Anonymous" and decided to build a Sitesell site.

It's slow going building the site. You have to provide real content first. But I know over time it's the best way to go.

I'm still tempted by "junk," but I'm getting stronger every day!

Kathy
  13. netjobs

netjobs Member

Every good work at home opportunities also can endup oneday? for example 12dailypro.com is heavy peak at the moment and whatever people invests there, there are earning a good amount of money and if at all oneday 12dailypro.com closes its door and the same people will post here scam about them... So, we cant predict any work at home opportunities through internet, while no certain heavy internet laws out there to control and find the legitimate companies like in real business life...
  14. Brian Hayes

Brian Hayes New Member

I'd make the suggestion that there is no such thing as a "Sure thing", excepting death and taxes. When people apply for jobs, do they ask questions such as "Will you guys still be here three years from now?" If you're going to have a home-based business, make sure it's essential services that people have to use everyday, not product. If people aren't buying, you aren't getting paid. In addition, the more people you help, the more money you make. People get it confused. If you're searching for a company, try to find one with a proven track record thats documented.
  15. 1StepPro

1StepPro New Member

I think in choosing a work at home opportunity, it is important to ask yourself two questions...when someone approaches you about their business, ask yourself 1) CAN I do what this person is doing right now? 2) DO I WANT TO? Finally learning what to consider when approached, these two questions saved me from myself and two failed attempts in the MLM arena! It was advice I recevied from someone else and it helped me make the choice that was right for me...the questions seem simple, but I had never thought of it that way before. If a website is the way you are gathering information about an opportunity - call the contact connected to it personally and ask them what a typical work day looks like for them...then go back to the questions above!
    Warm regards,
    Ceci Iliff
    Hint: The cage door is not locked.
  16. spartanmr

spartanmr New Member

You should go on the internet and look on forums and review sites so you know which websites are legitimate and which are not. Or you could test a free business and see if that works?[​IMG]