And another newbie

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by kindacute81, Jun 6, 2009.

1. kindacute81

kindacute81 New Member

Hi there!
    I'm so glad i found this forum! Well I'm a mother of 3 and trying to WAH. My problem is that my english is not perfect and I'm not comfortable talking on the phone. My writing skill is not the best either. Any suggestions what I could do?

Thanks [​IMG]
  2. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

hi kindacute,

welcome to the forum. my english also not perfect. but i keep learning to improve my english skill.what you have to do is keep trying and learning.. [​IMG]
  3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hello Kindacute81

Welcome! If you definitely don't want to use the phone, you can still work from home online. Even though you feel your writing skills aren't up to scratch, they may not be as bad as you think.

Use a spell checker and that will help tremendously. If you download Firefox as your browser you can automatically have the spell checker and grammar checker activated so that you are constantly being shown if you've made a mistake.

My English isn't perfect either, particularly when I get to typing rapidly. [​IMG] Spellchecker has saved me embarrassment on many occasions. Regardless, people don't always expect you to be absolutely perfect, just pretty good. [​IMG]

Working at home online takes a bit of time and effort upfront to get the ball rolling, but it's worth it in the long run if you can stick it out and stay focused.

Wishing you all the best as you decide what might be right for you.

Blessings,
    Angie
  4. Tiff2009

Tiff2009 New Member

Hi everyone!!! I'm also new to the forum and trying to basically work myself around. I look forward to meeting and talking to new people and am open to advice also. [​IMG]
  5. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Welcome. I don't think I have seen a sales page yet that did not have typos. Makes me feel not so bad, especially when they are supposed to be the proffesionals. I find that if I let someone else proof my stuff it helps, they catch things I miss.
  6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome ms kindacute.[​IMG]

As you will soon see, none of us is perfect on here but I am with happywife... firefox is great for spelling errors [​IMG].
  7. kindacute81

kindacute81 New Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!! [​IMG]

When i said my english isn't perfect, i didn't mean my spelling. I meant like grammar and my vocabulary.

Thanks anyway [​IMG]
  8. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Don't be too critical of yourself - your grammar sounds fine to me so far...[​IMG]
  9. sapphire81

sapphire81 New Member

Your grammar does not have to be perfect to WAH. I don't know how many times I've seen errors (grammar and spelling) on sales pages and in articles. You could always try your hand at freelance writing. You won't get paid much, but something's always better than nothing right? There are other ways to make money online, but if you're looking for a work-at-home job with a stable income, most of them do require you to work on the phone.
  10. MargaretJones

MargaretJones New Member

Just from reading your posts on this thread, it seems to me that your English is fine--in all ways. I've found that a lot of people whose native tongue isn't English tend to underestimate their skill; you may be one of them. At any rate, I admire the courage you must have summoned to post here. That speaks well for you, and really emphasizes that you will probably be successful in your quest.

I wish you much success!