ANy Advice on how to master squidoo

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by HappyHamster, Oct 3, 2008.

1. HappyHamster New Member

Im just begining to use squidoo does anyone have any good Ideas or tips?
  2. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Erica,

Just look through the Squidoo folder here on our forum. That should answer most of your questions.

~Newbie Shield~
  3. pcwork New Member

Have a lot of content, spend time on promotion
  4. glitch00 New Member

Squidoo is pretty much about persistence and variance. By setting up several lens every week focusing on different topics, you will gain more popularity as time passes on. Always remember too, to make your lens lean and meaty, fill it up with content and modules and also rate other people's lens so you can gain some fans. It's a long and rewarding journey though.

I'm no where near that, but I read some lens that actually help you in becoming successful.

Also, try to aim to be a Giant Squid. That would be a great way to begin.
  5. karma New Member

A great place to learn about Squidoo is on Squidoo. There are Loads of Lenses dedicated to the design and optimization of lenses. I learned alot from the threads on this forum on Squidoo.
  6. VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hi HappyHamster,

I always go to Newbie Shield's signature which takes you to awesome Squidoo Tips.
    Check it out!

Victoria
  7. drbill New Member

I just checked out Newbie Sheilds HTML tips on his Squidoo lens. Really cool, but man, sure needs some understanding and practice.
  8. VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Newbie Shield has really offered a great resource for Squidoo.

When you first saw the page, and scrolled down, you saw too much help at once.[IMG]

If you take some quiet time, decide what you want to do with your Lens, you can just use the info as needed.

If you try to master it all in one day, it may be a little much.

He is a very nice guy, and I am sure will answer any questions for you.
    Feel free to PM me anytime also!

Victoria
  9. jnoa New Member

Hi,

Well I have some question about Squidoo because I'm kind of confused with it.

1. How can I find out what every module means, are they different? There are a few and don't really know what each of them is about
    2. If I want to use my lenses to promote products which module should I use? Do I have to make a new page for each product I want to promote or just use modules?.

I will appreciate any adviced on this. Thanks
  10. jnoa New Member

I forgot also to ask

That I want to put my link in one of my modules but it seems that the code I put doesn't seem to work because it comes out looking just like i put it. What can I do to fix this

It comes out looking like this:

CHECK THIS OUT
  11. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

There should be a space between a and href,
  12. Newbie Shield Gold Member

jnoa (NTC below),

Most of your modules will be Text Modules. This is where you can type, add images, and add affiliate links. You should really have at least three of these.

You'll also want a couple interactivity modules or so such as a poll or a YouTube module.

You can add whatever else you want to see if you like it. You can always delete what doesn't work for you.

At the very bottom of almost every lens should be a guestbook. Folks like it when they can show you it was them that rated your lens. I suspect that comments help lensrank. Google most likely counts new comments as fresh content, which is important for SERPs.

So add value by putting up helpful or entertaining info, some kind of wow factor, and interactivity.

As glitch mentioned, it's good to build a fan base by interacting with other lenses. You can comment, rate, and favorite lenses and the lensmasters will reciprocate by rating, favoriting, and commenting on your lenses.

If you like a lensmaster quite a bit, you might even visit their lensmaster home page by clicking their hyper linked name and joining their fan club (different than favoriting a lens).

Victoria: Thanx for the compliments [IMG]

~Newbie Shield~
  13. DEasy1 New Member

It takes a while for you to build up any real following on Squidoo. The fact is it may be well worth the perseverance though. Once you are established and people respect your opinion, Squidoo will pay dividends.
  14. BlueJ33 New Member

My biggest suggestion is to give your articles some content. People don't come to Squidoo looking to buy things -- they come looking to learn things. If you can talk about an interesting topic and then, at the end, mention this really great product relating to the topic on hand, then that's a fairly good lens. When you're writing something for Ezine, for example, it's fine to go on and on about the product without giving too many specifics. But with a lens, you really need to give some information -- if people think you're just trying to sell them something, there's no way they'll click through your link.
  15. agoodsaid New Member

BlueJ33: People don't come to Squidoo looking to buy things -- they come looking to learn things.

I think this probably is true if they are visiting Squidoo to come poke around Squidoo and see what's around.

However, if they arrive via a search engine search because of specific keywords, and that keyword happens to be a product -- I think there is a very good chance that they will appreciate product focused conversation and handy links OUT to exactly what they are searching for.

I guess the trick is to be really clear (by doing keyword research) that what you're wanting to sell is actually something with a buying market.

Or an even better way to think about it; I don't settle on what my product is before I check to see if there's anyone actually looking for it [IMG]

How much competition there already is for a given phrase will figure in too.

hth,
    Andrea
  16. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Andrea,

You summed it up nicely - Informational for the Squidoo community and products for the SE traffic.

You were also astute in pointing out that there should be a demand for the product within a product lens and that competition research is a must.

With lenses, it doesn't pay to be number one in Google unless folks are actually using that search phrase because no one will ever see you there. It would be like building a Wonder of the World on Jupiter [IMG]

~Newbie Shield~