Any Advice? Paid Surveys.

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by RedRobin, Sep 4, 2005.

1. photomom04

photomom04 New Member

It is also important to remember that the initial survey you are invited to is just a screener. Go ahead and take the screeners, they often lead to the product tests whitephoenix mentioned plus they often lead to a paying study. So many people just delete the screeners and miss out on a lot of great things!

[Link removed - Admin]
  2. happygal

happygal Member

excellent point! these are often the ones that are titled things like "see if you qualify"...
  3. surveyprote

surveyprote New Member

Hi all,
    I just signed up yesterday to do surveys from home. I hope that you veterns can help me out. I just lost both my part time jobs. (1 the company lost funding for my position and 2 my boss went to another company that already had in place people in my position.) When I go the sigh up with a company I get caught in a cycle of offers for products or subscriptions that I don't need or want. I need $CASH$ or points that I can trade for the items that I do need. How do you get the cards or items that you need without spending for stuff you don't. I just want to answer surveys and get paid.
  4. photomom04

photomom04 New Member

First you need to start with a good list. There are a lot of free lists and paid lists that are full of junk survey sites. I have personally weeded through the lists and have a very legitimate list on my website. Before you get started though you must understand that you will NOT make enough to replace your income. When you look at the ads they make it sound like you will make hundreds of dollars an hour. This might be true but you will not make a hundred dollars an hour 8 hours a day. You will not make $5 dollars an hour 8 hours a day. You might make $30 one day and $1 the next day. You might not make anything for a whole week. If you want to take surveys you have to do it for fun and a little extra pocket cash. Not an income. Good luck!
  5. happygal

happygal Member

I guess my main advice would be to remember that the sites that ask you to try things first or sign up for offers are NOT paid surveys. They are paid to try companies and they are two totally different things. P{aid surveys are market research. They make their money by a company hiring them to do research on a product, idea, trend, etc. The former (paid to try) make their money by having companies who pay them to get you to try things. Totally different. Are some paid to try companies worth it, sure, but many of them are not.

I list which companies I have been paid by on my blog, so I won't relist them all here, but by all means, if you have any thoughts or questions, feel free to let me know.
  6. surveyprote

surveyprote New Member

Dear Photomom04 and Happygal,
    Well, if the paid surveys can't replace my salery ($1000 to $1500 a month) do you know anything else that I can do from home that will? I'm willing to work and I work hard, but I would also love to have a job that would allow for the flexability to enjoy my family more.
    Teri
  7. happygal

happygal Member

Well sure there are plenty of things people can do to make money. What interests and/or talents do you have?
  8. photomom04

photomom04 New Member

Happygal is right Teri, there are lots of options. A lot does depend on what you like and what you are willing to do. I make my income from running 2 websites, a message board and two blogs, I plan to have five more website up and running by the end of July. My money comes from affiliate programs like google adsense. I tried direct sales but found that I preferred the websites. Give us an idea of what you might like to do and we can probably point you in the right direction. Daycare? Housekeeping? Websites? Direct sales? Ebay?

Connie
  9. WhitePhoenix

WhitePhoenix New Member

Teri,
    These ladies are correct! I, am new to working primarily from home. I had done it 'part-time' so to speak until I got hurt at work and had to leave.

BUT if you need advice and guidance, this is a very good place to find it. Everyone has a skill that someone else is willing to pay for. You don't have to autosurf, though many of the people on this board do, or find a product or merchandise to sell; there are lots of things!

Photomom04 is right in asking you what you like to do or what you're interested in. But anything you do will take time to build a clientele or spread the word about your business. You need to be patient. There is no 'get-rich-quick' scheme out there, so avoid those claims like the plague!
  10. surveyprote

surveyprote New Member

First I want to thank you for your sincere and honest input!!! That is just what I need. So lets get to it. I'm a christan and have excelent work ethics and high standards. For most of my adult life I have owned my own businesses, usually along with working a regular job or several jobs at a time. My preference is my own because I don't play the office games and politics. You hire me to do a job leave me alone and let me do it. My own included a retail shop (monograming), managing 5 locations of dance studios (family), and a Team Manager for a competitive dance group. I've also Managed/Owned a mini storage facility (family). I've been involved with a popular Internet Business/MLM (paid more that I made). I've been a PR consultant working between Management and empolyees and solving communication problems between departments, an office manger and department manger(solved a multitude of problems left by the previous manager and found the right person for the position (now there for his 5th year)). I've been a Certified Signer (closed loans) and most recently, a loan officers assistant (prepairing loan docs) and an office managers assistant.
    I miss the creative aspect of the costume designs (designed them not made them). I had family that was in construction so I can read a set of plans with the best of them so I always draw, to scale, the floor plan of homes and furniture and arrange the furniture inside so I know exactly where the movers should put it. ( this I love and do also for my kids each time they move) There it is, I can be a personnal furniture arranger. HA! HA! I'm proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, Quicken, Netscape/Internet Explorer and the use of office equipment. I'm very use to muliti tasking (what mother/grandmother isn't). I'm willing and excited to learn new things. My handi caps are: No degree(some college) and I can't spell worth a darn and am not the best with remimbering peoples names. Oh! I currently have Jewelry Business but that income is sporadic. I need stability. WOW! what a mix. Now any sugestions?
  11. photomom04

photomom04 New Member

Im kind of stuck on the personal furniture arranger! [​IMG] You might be surprised!
    Other than that it seems to me that your real passion is creation and design. I would look into that. Maybe a scrapbooking business or doing the costume designs. Someone has to design and someone has to buy designs. I don't know much about that area but it exists so maybe you could turn it into a business.
  12. WhitePhoenix

WhitePhoenix New Member

Hey surveyprote,

Wow! You have your fingers in lots of pots! Good for you! Why don't you also get certified to be a notary public? $10-20 bucks a signature and you (from the sound of you) would make it easy for anyone to get one.

I also see that you're very creative. Do you have a local playhouse/theatre? Why don't you also see about making their costumes for them?

Your secretarial skills are awesome - and other than the spelling, which you can fix, you have lots to offer. Try freelancing. That's what I do. Check out the freelance work boards. Lots of jobs for someone with your skills as Guru.com or allfreelance.com

You could also write articles for Homeschooling magazines.

Perhaps you should build a couple of websites and letting the world know you're out there and tell them what you can do. I, like you, have my fingers in lots of pots and am just trying to build my own business to the point where I can pay ALL my bills every month with it. But it takes time.
  13. surveyprote

surveyprote New Member

OK I have the survey bug!!! but I still need help. I want to reg. to take the survey but seem to get caugh up with offer after offer. It always says " you need to chose at least one in order to get you free gift". I don't need or want those offers. How can you reg. for the legitimate surveys without chosing up to 15 of these things?
  14. happygal

happygal Member

Here's the deal. Those aren't real survey/market research sites. Those are paid to try sites. Not that you can' t get paid by some of them, cause you can (SOME of them). But if the survey bug is what you have, skip those and focus on the paid survey companies. They don't make you buy anything or try anything...
  15. surveyprote

surveyprote New Member

I thought that I was on a sight that had those.........can you show me a list? I'll check out you address.
  16. happygal

happygal Member

There are bigger lists out there, for sure, but I keep a blog of the ones (of the 300 or so that I signed up with) that have paid me.
  17. surveyprote

surveyprote New Member

Photomom04
    Are the sights on your sight "Paid" only or market /research sights?
  18. surveyprote

surveyprote New Member

Happygal,
    Thanks! I check out your sight!!
  19. photomom04

photomom04 New Member

Surveyprote, Im not sure what you are asking but the survey companies on my list are companies that pay for taking surveys, some also offer points which can be converted to cash. I purchased the survey "list" and fell for all the hype. I have went through the list and personally signed up with all of the companies listed. If I ran across a site that seemed "iffy" or if it was only asking me to fill out offers etc, I have NOT added it to my list. My members (we have a message board for sharing) say they have never gotten junk mail or been spammed by any of the sites I have listed. It is just something I felt stupid paying for and I wanted to put it out there for everyone else. Hope that answers your question!

Connie
  20. surveyprote

surveyprote New Member

Awesome! and ThankYou!!!
    The sights I had sighed up on kept wanting me to pay the shipping for the"Free" stuff to send or you had to accep up to 15 offers to qualify for the gift card. Not what I'm interested in. I just want cash or points to excange for cash or gift cards.
    and again...Thanks for paving the way and being honest and willing to teach the rookie.
    Surveypro.te (I was very optimistic when I chose this!)