Any Advice? Paid Surveys.

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by RedRobin, Sep 4, 2005.

1. happygal

happygal Member

Yes, there is a big difference, isn't there?! Those are paid to try companies that pass themselves off as paid surveys. Skip them!
  2. photomom04

photomom04 New Member

You are very welcome. It is not always easy to figure it all out and I love to help!

Connie
  3. photomom04

photomom04 New Member

Thanks for your efforts Cheryl. I want to let everyone know though that vivaresearch is not a true survey company. I used your link to sign up and after signing up you have to go through 3 pages of "offers" when you actually get to the open surveys it is just more offers I didn't find a single true survey just a bunch of offers that are disguised as surveys. Cheryl if you are really interested in taking true surveys there is a free list on my website.
  4. tafkaga

tafkaga New Member

I think probably at least 9 out of 10 of those survey companies are scams, if not more. Even the ones that really pay have got a lot of unresolved issues with the BBB. I have always been afraid to try them out myself, just for the fact that they make claims like that I can quit my job and work 2 hours a day filling out surveys and be rich.
  5. happygal

happygal Member

Anyone claiming you can quit you job and make money taking surveys is being dishonest. You can't. Unless you can live on a couple hundred dollars (if you're lucky) a month. That said, it's worth signing up with the legit companies and seeing if it works for you. Skip the paid to fill out offer after offer after offer. Don't pay for any lists or companies. And only take your time. Research the companies, and then sign up.
  6. photomom04

photomom04 New Member

Quoting: tafkaga I have always been afraid to try them out myself, just for the fact that they make claims like that I can quit my job and work 2 hours a day filling out surveys and be rich.

It isn't the survey companies that are making those claims. Those claims are being made by people who are trying to get your to buy their list of survey companies. Use the free lists and hold on to your money. You will NOT make an income but you can make some extra cash and have a lot of fun. You can get a free list through my website, it does not inlcude any of the junk sites that want you to complete offers, etc.
    Connie
  7. tafkaga

tafkaga New Member

I was looking at the Ipsos site that you have advertised on yoru website. I'm curious, do most surveys that pay cash money require you to sign up for products or services? I did a $15 survey once that asked me to sign up for AOL for one month. I signed up for it, then found I couldn't cancel my account on the site so I had to call them to do it. After all that I didn't get money for it.

I'd rather just give my opinions, not have to sign up for stuff.
  8. happygal

happygal Member

I have never been paid by Ipsos, so I can't say for sure, but I have taken their surveys (for entries into sweepstakes and to let them know "I am out here...) and am familiar with them. They are not a paid to try site, but a true survey site. No offers or anything like that. However, most of their surveys are for entries into sweepstakes. I know of people who have reported winning them but have not won one myself.
  9. dc1576

dc1576 New Member

Paid Surveys are frustrating, but you can get paid. It takes awhile to get going. I'll be very honest, I've been taking surveys for almost three years and I just recently (past 6 months) started to make anywhere between $175 to $250 a month for maybe 5 hours of work. Thats pretty much the max. You are not going to make six figures taking surveys. Otherwise why would any one go to work. Just the time it takes to find real legit programs is some major work.Theres some listed on my site that I have been a member of over three years and get checks from every month. The money is there but you need to have realistic expectations. NEVER pay for a list of companies!!!!
  10. happygal

happygal Member

You can have months where you make a few dollars, but you can also have unbelievable months, again for very little time you make quite a bit. Last month was my best ever (had two online focus groups) and made over $370.
  11. PolskaSurf

PolskaSurf New Member

I've tried, but to be honest I dont think theyre worth the pety cash. I did them with ciao.co.uk
  12. happygal

happygal Member

To just do them with one site, no, probably not worth the small return, but if you get a nice mix of sites, then it can be worth it.
  13. WhitePhoenix

WhitePhoenix New Member

happygal is right. Spending an hour a day can earn you enough to pay a few bills - so if you do several different things, you don't have to rely on just one avenue for your monthly earnings.

Ciao by itself would be disappointing. But this thread lists dozens of the legit survey opportunities to try. It may not be the thousands of dollars you were hoping for, but every little bit helps - even if you use the cash from surveys for your entertainment needs - hit the theatre a couple times a month. I know many people who can't even do that because they're spread so thin.
  14. bigpip

bigpip New Member

my friend does this a few hours a week, and makes good "extra" money for herself...but she said she had to go through a bunch of sites before she found which ones actually paid a decent amount. i forgot where she got her information, i'll ask her tomorrow and try to post it.
  15. happygal

happygal Member

You definitely can make some nice side money if you are with the right sites and happen to have the right demographics. yesterday I deposited $63.50 in the bank from the previous day's mail.
  16. WhitePhoenix

WhitePhoenix New Member

I think, as happygal says, you can make some decent money if you devote a decent amount of time with the legitimate sites. But most people want hundreds of dollars for an hour of answering surveys. It doesn't happen that way.
  17. bigpip

bigpip New Member

yes whitephoenix is right, most want a ton of money for no work. i do them but had to sift through a ton to get to the good ones. check [Link removed - Admin] for why a lot of the free directorys are just scams.
  18. starzz2

starzz2 New Member

Yes, there are sites that are legit and paying Ive tried Tik Tik Cash for trying offers and trials basically things that I would of signed up for mostly anyway but get cash for also recently received payment from them also another site Sendearnings most of their offers credit you immediately they pay by check on a Net 30 basis heres a link to it [Link removed - Admin] Also Get Paid To Try site has offers to try and sign on trials recently received a check payment from them also heres my referral link when you go to sign up [Link removed - Admin] There are more but make sure when you do check them out thoroughly .
  19. SilverBetty

SilverBetty New Member

It all depends on which company you choose to work for
  20. fahmohd

fahmohd New Member

The thing with paid surveys is that they will not make you rich.
    But, you can earn some extra money, which is good