Any Bloggers here still using Bloggers Free Platform ??

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by discrat, Aug 26, 2013.

1. discrat

discrat Member

Well, I know I have been blogging awhile. I wrote about this earlier today and thought it might be of use for some people in this Forum just starting out in blogging or thinking about doing it or maybe even some advanced bloggers out there too.

I started with the free blogger platform 5 1/2 years ago. I transitioned most of my blogs to Wordpress at Hostgator. Its been awesome.

I did leave a few blogs at Blogger because of the template I used gave me high CTR with Adsense.

I thought I was shielded from Google and its ever reaching arm with shutting down Blogger accounts. I figured I owned my own domain even though I was using their free servers. So they would not fool with messing with me (especially with 95% original content.)

They care about just shutting down blogspot domains/blogs, right ?

Wrong ! They completely shut down my self hosted domain and blog off their Servers. No warning. Nothing .One day I could see my Site the next day it just disappeared in thin air forever.

I did transfer all of 200+ posts from this blog and the domain which I owned to Hostgator and Wordpress. But none of it count as original material anymore and all my rankings and SEO wiped away.

So I am starting from ground zero with this blog after spending 5+ years building it up and having a lot of success.

Moral of story : Just don't fool with Free Blogger Blog if you want to get serious about Blogging ;)

Robert
  2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Hopefully your blogger content will get un-indexed so your new site will be "original".
    Don't give up on getting the rankings back with the new host. Give it time.
    I second the "avoid free blogging platforms" when hosting is so cheap.
  3. discrat

discrat Member

Thanks Just!

Yeah I am going to give it time even if it is rebuilding from scratch. I think I have proven myself in this little medical niche. So I am patient in biding my time and go back and doing SEO etc...from the beginning
  4. whitney black

whitney black Member

Good to know! I started with a free blogger blog but I moved it to Wordpress. I too thought you were shielded if you bought your own domain, but I guess I was wrong!
  5. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

I know of people using blogger with great success, however I lost my blogger when I use a software to copy by years of post to Wordpress. Anyone doing that may need to be careful.
  6. Anders J

Anders J Member

I have been using wordpress since day 1 and I got no problems. I am indexed by Google and with SEOpressor my posts are SEO friendly enough. I own the content and the domain. It is totally up to me to bring the succes not anyone else. Always growing day by day and I love it.
  7. Katie322

Katie322 New Member

Sorry that you lost your blog. :( I currently have a new blog with blogger. I don't know much about the Adwords, Adsense etc. even though I receive emails from Google stating I have an account with Adsense. I wish I had more information about it because I hear people can make a good income with the program. I'm on the iffy side of having a free blog. I'm no pro at blogging so I figured having a free blog would be best to start out with. :cautious: Thanks for the heads up.
  8. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Member

My partner users the free Blogger by Google and his blog ranks #2
  9. Shannon-Lee

Shannon-Lee New Member

I'm using Wordpress and love it!
  10. Conner Hogan

Conner Hogan New Member

Robert, I would like to view your blog. I am a big fan of original content.
    Send me the link please!

Also, that sucks that Google deleted your blog. It seems like Google is trying to kill itself.
    As long as you know what you are doing there doesn't seem to be a difference between
    ranking blogger.com or wordpress blogs.

Good thing you kept your posts!
  11. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I still have a few blogs out there on blogger. I use them as backlinks now to my site. I also think that blogger is a great platform or starting point for newbies. Get some practice before you go for your own site. Had I started with my own site 4 years ago, I am quite sure it would be a mess. ;)
  12. bfryer

bfryer New Member

I have a blog on Blogger..very easy on the readers eye. I do have others as well for seo, and ranking for google but my blogger blog offers a ton of value to the average joe just getting started in this industry. By sharing tons of tips that have helped me over the last 6 years in this industry, I believe it will help many others shorten the learning curve for their venture.
    Anders J likes this.