Any Classified Sites As Effective Or Almost As Effective As Craiglist?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by HealthZenWealth, Jan 23, 2012.

1. HealthZenWealth

HealthZenWealth New Member

Hi guys the title pretty much says it all, but I know Craigslist is awesome, however they seem to be getting tougher and tougher. Does anyone know of similar sites with as much traffic?

Thank You
  2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

HealthZenWealth: sites with as much traffic?

Yeah, no. But a good option is Backpage.com, it gets good traffic and anything goes.
  3. tmvmediaworks

tmvmediaworks New Member

Backpage is ghosting now as well!!!
    (ghosting is when you place an ad and you think it's up but it's not) you'll get a link to "see" the ad, but not there. In other words they blocked your IP address or account, or whatever.
  4. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Try safelist.com
  5. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

USfreeads is ok when you use very specific, targeted keywords in the titles of your advertisements. But no, its not Craigslist. LOL You may want to give eBay Classifieds a try too, but I don't know too much about how eBay Classifieds work, though.
  6. I use Backpage and USFreeads successfully.

It's all a matter of keywords and getting your ads ranking in google. [​IMG]
  7. HealthZenWealth

HealthZenWealth New Member

Thanks guys I appreciate the help. This ghosting business is annoying!!
  8. paidsurveys

paidsurveys New Member

I have some success with USfreeads but they are not free if you post links. But works.
  9. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Barb Thornback: It's all a matter of keywords and getting your ads ranking in google.
    That's about says it there. Using it for some Google ranks but trying to "dominate" with massive ad post those days are for the most part gone, at least with any ease.
  10. sunnyblue

sunnyblue New Member

You can also use Yahoo Answer, it is too effective but it is not a classifieds sites.
  11. seabright

seabright New Member

I have been posting on free classified ad sites without any results. Does it just take time? Or does it depend on a good product/program?
    Does it help to upgrade or pay the fee to have my ad show on the top page, etc. on these classified ad sites?
  12. everythingsimpl

everythingsimpl New Member

What are you using Craigslist for? Have you tried eBay classified?
  13. Incomegenerator

Incomegenerator New Member

I agree with a few of the other posters, Backpages, Usfreeads are good traffic sites.
  14. weblogger

weblogger New Member

I've used paid advertising in backpage.com very cheap as low as $2 though it was not great but was okay to try in your local area. It all depends on your ad copy finally [​IMG]
  15. chadarcy

chadarcy Member

sunnyblue: You can also use Yahoo Answer, it is too effective but it is not a classifieds sites
    How do you use yahoo answers to get traffic. Are you able to leave links?

chad
  16. printisnotdead

printisnotdead New Member

I don't think there is any other site better than Craigslist.
  17. Marktech

Marktech Member

Yup, Craigslist is king. I've tried Backpage and USfreeads, which will only work in certain niches and only if you write very good ads. Craigslist is awesome except it is hard to get around all the ghosting and submission rules, and to add to that, people with competing niches will flag your ad and your account can get suspended. :eek:
  18. mreese601

mreese601 Member

When did backpage started ghosting ads? Wow! No wonder why I didn't get no result from the ads that I posted! But craiglist is the king but you can use adlandpro.com and ablewise.com are also some great sites! and backpage use to be good.
  19. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Member

Exactly, I have not found any ghosting from Backpage, unless you are banned perhaps or are on some kind of blacklist. I have seen great results with Backpage, and as Craigslist use to be good, not so much anymore as I have seen. Unless you renew your ads before the expire, they are assigned another URL which means you lose any position in search engine you might have gained over time, so make sure you renew before ads expire. Also, submit your sites on both to Google to get them indexed real fast, works great.

USFreeAds use to work great, but not anymore, in fact, I have not seen a USFreeAds site in any search engine in over a year, so I don't waste my time with them anymore. So many of the strategies and classified sites I have used with success in the past no longer are worth it, and this applies to HUB pages, Ezines, Press release sites, none index anymore in Google since latest attack of Panda, Penguin, Gorilla and who knows what else they are attacking us with. lol

An interesting system I have been exploring is where you list with their service, and they post to dozens of others at the same time, and as we all know, time is money, and posting takes a ton of time. They just added more, so to save time, check out Big-Value-Depot.com and their mobile application, real time saver and free to see.

Good luck,
  20. Jacq1292

Jacq1292 Member

I had not heard about backpage ghosting ads. I found that my "free" posting always got deleted, so I went with paid sponsor ads. I use a tracking link so I can see how many clicks I am getting. In fact, the only Clickbank sales I have made have been from sponsor ads on Backpage.