Any GOOD mlms out there???

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by BHP, Oct 20, 2008.

1. madmatz

madmatz New Member

I have many thoughts in my head from reading the comments on this forum, so I am just going to respond by writing down my thoughts. I hope you will understand what I will try to convey.

MLM is a specific type of business unlike any other. Many people confuse it with sales and even more blame personal failure on the particular company they join.

If you are serious about making money in this industry, you need to commit to a set of goals and stay persistent. If you lack either goals or persistence you will fail in the MLM industry. Failure is a personal responsibility, no one can make you succeed unless you have a burning desire to do so.

While the blood of MLM is sales of products/services the heart is recruiting and metorship. When representatives fail to recruit and mentor (mentorship being equally as important) the representative will experience negative growth.

The goal of MLM is not for each representative to be a superstar salesperson (not that that's bad) but, rather leverage the time and effort of others. This is what leads to "time freedom" and hyper-momentum.
    Understand the word "leverage" not "exploit". Leverage is the key concept to understand in any MLM, without it you just have another job. Every financially independent person uses leverage to achieve that status. Stocks, real estate, and business ownership are examples of how to leverage money and time. The goal is to have a self sustaining entity constantly producing even if the owner/beneficiary is removed from the picture. This takes time and/or effort. The key here is persistence in attaining goals.

There are common traits found in all elites whether they're millionaires, Olympians or something else. One trait is persistence, Never Quiting, no matter how hard or unattainable a goal appears to be, and no matter how many people say it is impossible. Another is focus on a goal. If the vision of the goal disappears, so too does the goal itself. Without focus, all goals are unattainable.

Please don't just take my word for it. Do your own due diligence.

Here are some places to start: "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill,
    "With Winning in Mind" by Lanny Basham, "Beach Money" by Jordan Adler, and any materials by Jim Rohn

I hope this helps!
  2. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

There are a lot of great MLM companies out there. You need to do a lot of research and find one that fits your personality and that you can get excited about.

I am thrilled with Send Out Cards. It is as product that I can proudly market to business professionals and it doesn't matter to me if they use it as a retail customer or sign up as a distributor. Plus...this is a business where there is no competition (MLM) - and our product costs significantly LESS than what it costs in a store.

Like all companies, though, it takes awhile (2-4 yrs) to build up a substantial residual income. Bonuses will come right away, but residual income takes time to build.

Good luck!
  3. philip06

philip06 New Member

Wow!

The word multilevel marketing has a great impact than any other business terms in the market today. Multilevel marketing is a skill that takes time to learn. If you have spent years perfecting your business offline it can be scary to learn the new skill of conducting business online. There is no need for you to feel alone in this venture though. If you want to make money from home these days the internet can make it much easier than it ever was in the past. Turning your business into an online business is just the smart thing to do. Doing business off line is becoming less popular every day. You have to keep up with the changing times.

Multi level marketing is known as network marketing. This business makes a person associated to a company in an independent transaction approach. This is a kind of business where franchising and direct selling are combined.
  4. dmof10

dmof10 New Member

There are companies out there, just dont rush to make a commitment. You have to make sure you have a great upline that will help you build your business and want to see you succeed not just themselves
  5. businessonapage

businessonapage New Member

PHp: What a great question. If you can create this MLM please let me know otherwise maybe everyone already in an MLM can ask there upline these questions and if they come back with facts (as hard as they are to measure) that their MLM can does all this, they can promote the MLM to us [​IMG]
  6. dmgditeam

dmgditeam New Member

Hi, Just thought I would put my two cents in here..

If you are looking for a business with complete training , weekly webinars, recruiting system, and a upline that cares and helps all that joins the team , they you may want to check out what I am doing..

I just love my business and I have never seen this much training before offered to help their team members.. If you are interested in sitting in on a webinar email me back I can send this info to you..

This is absolutely free to try , before you commit.. so no pressure
  7. rovingdigital

rovingdigital New Member

Hi Bhp

Lots of questions the mlm that I belong to is fairly staight up. commision made .yes right away I did make it. not on signing up but on the service side.

This is a big thing for me to. I like things straight up.

Some people sign people up with no sales .that makes me wonder where does it end. Im not a hugh profit maker. trying and starting to recieve return business.

If you find some good answers out there let me Know. always looking for a better way.
    Cheers Les (RovingDigital)
  8. bjdclop

bjdclop New Member

I think that, even though a good Compensation plan is important, having a group of trustworthy friends is the key to receiving instant income. This should be the life of anyone who is in MLM. However, this is also the dilemma. How many people are willing to give up a few dollars to ensure helping a friend? Eventually this method runs out and nobody wants to be the person that it runs out on.
  9. gelo04

gelo04 Guest

I am still going strong with mine, 14 people involved, made close to 600.00 in under two months. Good luck
  10. zaphire97

zaphire97 New Member

I think it all comes down with attitude. Attitude is a very important part of every business especially multilevel marketing. You have to set goals in the long term and not just the short term. You are always there to help your downline and provide them with encouragement and excitement as what you have felt when you first joined your business. Secondly you have to have a system that will easily market your product to like minded individuals or customers. Customers are the best lead that will turn out to be a business partner because they already like the product and in the end they will be excited to join the business side. Third is never ever quit. What I mean by this is a lot of people or online marketers are always looking for what's something new out there and they flock from one business to another. Yet what's worse is that when they felt that they are not successful with the company that they're associated with; they will start to bad mouth the company and blame it's management or the system yet they haven't done anything to make it work. It's not about who you are but what you are. Your attitude and your willingness to be successful not just for yourself but making a difference in other people's lives.
  11. dmof10

dmof10 New Member

There are good mlm out there but you have to make sure it is something you want to do and are focused on building the business. Will it build over night no, it takes work just like any job you go to. As long as you work the system, and believe it will work you will see success.
  12. amarz

amarz Guest

Well I am more into MRM as opposed to MLM, something very similiar but most people are not up to the whole selling idea. Basically what you do is invite, you sponsor people you invite and you make money online. The whole site is about networking, which is just establishes relationship. Its good to promote your business or get involved with a business opportunity. There is a lot of activity on the site.

You can get a free profile, without having to spend money. Meaning get a look at it. It is completely free until you decide you want more.
    Remember in MLM or MRM its all about relationships, how you can help people out, how they view you as a person.

Not everyone can connect with a direct salesman, because the main focus is to get a sale from someone.

I will say that the site offers residual income opportunities, and so on, you can really look into it yourself by clicking on the link below.

I am not trying to recruit anybody, just giving you options, besides its a free profile so your not losing anything, contact me for more info if you like.

Take care to all and good luck with your businesses.

[Post edited. Bold removed - Admin]
  13. dani_nae

dani_nae New Member

I think people just need to realize that MLM is what you put into it! The angry people at the bottom who claim everything is a pyramid scheme and everyone is scamming them for their money are the ones who expect thier business to just magically grow by doing nothing! YOu have to really put yourself out there, really believe in the product, and put time in and MLM WILL work. I haven't joined any MLMs yet, but am looking into Mona Vie right now becuase I really believe in the product and if its something I'm going to be buying anyways, I might as well try to make a business out of it!
  14. mr127500

mr127500 New Member

Well said, suck it up and get to work. You get out what you put in and its like any sales job. There is a sales cycle and you have to build your pipeline of prospects for it to funnel down to sales.
  15. Globalmom

Globalmom New Member

There are some great comments here. I really don't think that there is just one thing that makes a great MLM. While my personal belief is that the product is one of the more important keys, it goes hand it hand with company, team, training... and if you are truly happy and confident with all that attitude and in turn sales will follow.

You need to do your homework and know and love everything about what you are getting into or it won't work long term. I know that the greatest product in the world won't make me successful if I don't get training or if I don't believe in the company and vice versa.

For instance, I personally love Melaleuca but so many people do not like or "get" the minimum purchase requirements. Those people are people who should look for something else. Why in the world would I want someone on my team who isn't happy with the way the company works. I don't care if this is the most hard core recruiter, they are eventually going to quit and just lose money (unless they really have no scruples).

This is where honesty and integrity comes into play. Yes, recruiting is where there is more money but if I just recruit, recruit, recruit without believing in the product and your team, it eventually will die. This is why I lead with the product and lay it all out. I'd much rather have a loyal customer for years and years that might refer a friend or two then someone who joins on hype and doesn't stick around. And yes, there is money to be made this way too!
  16. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

There are many Good and Great MLM's. The problem is more so the person than the company. Building a successful downline and monthly residual income takes work and dedication. He who puts in the dedication and commitment gets the reward at the end of the day.

But having a good comp plan and marketing game plan helps. This floating number of 95% failure rate in MLM has more to do with people not understanding what it takes to succeed in network marketing so that one can have success.

Most people fail to start out right. Which is get your mind right for success. Many are going from an employee mindset to an entrepreneur setting. Mental adjustment is necessary.

From there get the marketing training and support, and stay focus and let things come.
  17. seeyalater72

seeyalater72 New Member

There are many very good mlms out there. Unfortunately, there are many bad ones as well. Most mlms do focus on recruiting as this allows for the most lucrative compensation. Unless you have a high end product(by high end I mean a high price point) and can sell it like hotcakes, you probably wouldn't make much money with mlm. On the other hand, if you can recruit several in your downline who can duplicate this process the possibilites are endless with mlm.
  18. gregfleming7

gregfleming7 New Member

Hi, I've also been burned by so many MLM's over the years that I finally gave up on them. They mostly seem to be about signing folks up and not about the product. I mean you could sell mud-pies and if the basic mlm model was followed and people would order the product, everyone would make money. Anyway, I pretty much gave up.

In December, just before Christmas, I lost my regular income and found myself once again surfing for "opps" . . . wow, things have changed in the last year. Seemed like it's all about affiliate marketing and/or gifting programs. After a few days I gave up again. Then a friend told me about a new Atlanta company launching in January of this year. It's called ProxyComm. They sell a product that everyone needs whether they are in business or not. The product is a "second" phone number that works with your existing cell phone (no matter your carrier). We had just cut off our home phone anyway to save money and so it tweaked my interest. I signed up for it mainly for the service and not the "opportunity" because I realized if I had my own proxycomm phone number with unlimited incoming and outgoing minutes for only $25 a month then I could actually save alot of money each month.

I got my new proxycomm phone number and it's all I use. I set it up as one of "my circle" numbers with my carrier so it's a "free call" every time I use it. I reduced my current carrier's plan from $120/mo down to $49/mo so now I pay pretty much half what I was paying and get unlimited minutes. The proxycomm number comes with free voicemail and a cool caller id feature that lets me send folks straight into voice mail if I want to. I've told a couple of people about it and they've signed up for their own proxycomm number. I'm fast realizing this is about the product and not the opportunity. If I decide to push it, the comp plan pays a huge commission for everyone on my "weakest" leg to infinity so I'm pretty excited. The company is very new and I think still ironing out all the bumps in the road but it's the first time I've ever felt really really good about the 'product' first. Check them out if your are interested (proxycomm.com) . . . you can email the owner from the website and they get back to you pretty quick. I see everyone with a cell phone wanting this product . . . that's a few hundred million people.
    I thankfully joined under the first strong "team" under the owner and they just set up my "splash page" whatever that means. That's the one that I put in my "signature" but feel free to go to the company site just to check it out. I've also had lots of realtors interested and when I asked my upline this weekend they said a "retail only" site is being created for folks that just want the product and not the opp. That also made me feel good about the company.
    Thanks, Greg

[Link removed - Admin]
  19. snowboardaholic

snowboardaholic New Member

MLM's are all over the net these days, and it is difficult to find programs that are going to be around for awhile. For me GDI is a great program. It offers something that people really want and need. Web sites and web hosting. I don't know of a better product out there. The marketing tools are fantastic and they have great support. I would recommend checking them out for sure.
  20. WARRANTIES4LESS

WARRANTIES4LESS New Member

Good topic,

With MLM going through many ups and downs, similar to the people who have tried it, they too go through ups and downs. I have been involved in the industry for longer than I want to mention, and I have seen the trends, and the good, bad and ugly of industry, and stilll, all and all, it is one of the few ways an average person can find success, but not without hard work which is something most don't understand about MLM or any business you start.

Sadly, the hype and hoopla have burned more people than we know. Most who get into MLM end up failing, and then blame everyone but themselves for quitting. We all get fed up in this industry, and most of the pros who made money have also cycled in and out of MLM over the years. It is a very frustrating industry when you finally make it, and company goes bust, or worse, gov. brings it down, so expect the unexpected and you won't be disappointed. lol

There are many fine home based or online opportunities, you just have to work harder to find them. MLM works, but only if you work it. I learned long ago to be diversified, so if one company goes under, you are not left high and dry, and totally burned out when losing your income. Look for recession proof businesses first and foremost, so do your research above all.

Success to all,