Any GOOD mlms out there???

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by BHP, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Elysium

Elysium New Member

Maybe it's just me, but after spending a couple years now really looking into the many programs out there, I can't help but to figure there is one major problem...

There are too many programs, causing too many people, to be spread too thin.

I mean it's good for there to be 'some' variety of products (so as to appeal to different tastes), but there are numerous programs out there that are very similar. Now, could you imagine if all of those similar programs could just combine... how fast and how huge the combined entity would be from all the masses? It would become the one 'ideal' program by using the best qualities that each similar program had created.

How many programs existing today could gather under the wanted basics:
    A useful, legit product
    A realistic income potential
    An affordable monthly or one-time cost
    ...I'm sure you guys could add more to the list, but you get the idea.

I think one other important ingredient would be that everyone makes an income no matter when they join. People who join 6 months after a program has started need to be assured they won't be the 'losers' at the bottom bringing in a fraction of those who signed up when it first started. A constant balance needs to exist.

The sad thing is I think such a thing is very possible, but because of greed and (insert your own beliefs here) it probably will never happen. We all want the same thing in the end... financial success, but, as a people, we seem to be doing a good job of preventing it. Meh, like I was saying... maybe it's just me.
  2. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

You have a point. I think it is also a matter of people trying to work every program they see with a new fancy website, thinking that's the one that's gone to make them rich. People are not inclined to do the necessary marketing for online success, and would rather hop around like rabbits to different programs.

Not saying one can't and shouldn't work more than one opportunity but program hoping for riches does not serve those you introduce to the program well. Find a good one and work it.

Network marketing is not an instant riches game. Don't be fooled by all those websites out there or conference calls with someone saying "i just joined and made a ton of money". Most of those folks won't tell you they blasted there list and that resulted in the surge.

So much hype and lies that make good programs get questioned that don't deserve it.
  3. WARRANTIES4LESS

WARRANTIES4LESS New Member

Elysium: Maybe it's just me, but after spending a couple years now really looking into the many programs out there, I can't help but to figure there is one major problem...

There are too many programs, causing too many people, to be spread too thin.

Good point,

Yes, with thousands of MLM companies, very few are unique, but that is true in all businesses, there are very few which offer a unique or exclusive product or service.

I research them all, and you are right, most are the same. Take nutritional companies, how many juice deals are there in market? We know there are thousands of pill companies and weight loss deals, so it may seem saturated, but there are millions who never heard of MLM or these products, so there will always be a potential to make money selling these mainstream products, but it is up to the person involved more than anything else.

I prefer to search out the exclusive products and services more so than the typical program, and there are a few out there, you just have to look and research it more. Looking for recession proof businesses is the most important place to start for the first thing people eliminate from their budgets in tough times are high price juices and pills, so I would not want to be in these businesses at this point in time as I know many who are seeing all their hard work go down the drain due to attrition, the killer in all MLM's.

Just ask yourself what you have cut back on in your budget to know what businesses to stay away from. Look for businesses that save money should be your prime objective. Real verifiable savings is where I want to focus my efforts and have for past year, and it is paying off. With businesses looking to save money, this is where you can do very well in a recession. As example, I market a discount business cooperative membership which saves on TV, radio, direct mail, lead prospecting advertising systems, health care and office supplies as example. We save businesses thousands, and we just added energy audit to save companies on heating and air conditioning and electric, so again, focus on saving people and businesses money first and formost.

Success to all,
  4. dianemumm

dianemumm New Member

yes I can agree on all points here.. Everyday it seems you have new opportunites popping up it is hard to not look at them.. but I have decided to just focus on 3 and that will be my limit..
  5. jeffathome

jeffathome New Member

There is an MLM to suit anyones needs. You have to find what is right for you. Some people want supplements, some makeup, juice, jewelry,weightloss products, adult parties etc. There are just so many. For me it took another company first to make me realize what I really wanted. A great company that takes a proactive approach to your health and holds you accountable for your work outs. The fact that they also give you free customers generated from millions spent on infomercial advertising is also a big plus. Find something you believe in that is simple and stick with it. Nothing is easy but there are simple programs out there.
  6. Anthony S

Anthony S New Member

Hello to all,

I came to WAHF early in January of this year, when I decided that I had to find an additional source of income from my day job and had committed myself to learning the tricks of the work at home trade.

I joined the thread on casual chat "this is for newbies" which i was (a newbie that is) and still am but found help encouragement and understanding from others on there. So, in a nut shell although I am still climbing the steep learning curve especially with the computer and internet stuff, I did my due dilligence looking for something that would allow me to earn while I learn.

While my intention is to eventually build multiple streams of income I needed a primary business with which to get my teeth into. I decided not to join an existing established referral marketing company but rather try to locate one that was either relatively new or in pre-launch in other words get in in the beginning, on the ground floor, position myself in front of the train and strike while the iron is hot so to speak. However that was not my only criteria, the product had to be one that I had an interest in, that I believed in and (being an experienced 53 year old retail store manager) had daily household usage at a price that was close if not less expensive and similar to if not better and more effective than products that could be purchased from retail outlets.

Other just as important things that I looked for was an approachable and dedicated helpful upline, one that I could count on and that the compensation plan was attractive and obtainable.

I think one must enter into such ventures knowing that nothing is free, a million dollars over night is not realistic and by putting in the work and dedication and helping others to do the same the potential to earn a good second income is real and maybe eventually go full time working from home.

The company I have just joined is still in prelaunch and if anyone here has any curiosity if you can send me a personnal message on this forum I will galdly give you their information site as I don't have my own web site yet...this computer caveman is still working and learning to do that[​IMG].......doing the 30 day challenge for the internet stuff

Well thats my say so far, looked forward to reading more posts and comments here

Good night and may your gods go with you in what ever you do

regards Anthony
  7. FreeCashMan

Anthony may I suggest that you go to your profile section and look at the process to insert your links into your signature section for programs you would like others to take a look at. Unless you intentionally elected to not do that.

Regarding prelaunch of new opportunities. I would say Never, Ever judge an opportunity by a prelaunch. Yes, they are exciting and some people pocket a lot, and other do not. Prelaunches are like a blazing fire that is in the process of burning out, but it's at a high point, and sometimes it's peak, so you don't realize it at the time and you get caught up in the glory of the moment.

The program I believe you are referring too with over 10K preregistered members will likely go very well, but to say it's a 'great' opportunity is yet to be determined. It has potential from a product stand point. I know of the founder. I'm on his list from when I joined a program he was in years ago. Prior to this program he put together himself, the guy was always emailing about some other program he was now in and promoting and how great it was going to be. He had a 'join me make $10K in a month' or so campaign, I wonder what happen to that. Anyhow, we will see what happens over time, if we are talking about the same opportunity which launches Thursday afternoon, much excitement going on about it but at the end of the day it will be about what the individual does to manifest success.

Thing I like about these paid programs is that if I join I use free cash most of the time. I was tired of losing money hoping to make money in the biz opportunity success game. There's always another "HOT LIKE Fire" program coming out. Find a winner, or 2, or 3, maybe, lol, and work it, and let success come to you.
  8. WARRANTIES4LESS

Interesting,

There are many strategies in starting a home business, but in all cases, you have to live and learn, some will be better than others, but the lesson I learned long ago was not to quit if your first venture fails.

I research them all knowing that I am learning along the way, and wow, have I learned a lot over the years. lol I like start ups too, but I have my long standing buisnesses working at the same time, so I will run with the right new deals which are internet based and require no arm twisting or chasing people. Disversified portfolio approach has always been my strategy, and I have had some winners and losers, but I still enjoy the challenge of start ups.

Success to all,
  9. mirab

mirab New Member

You know what I see in all the forums I visit?
    A bunch of good people wanting to learn and teaching
    others what the have learned.

But no one ever making any money! At least not a real income anyway.
    The people who make the big money don't hang out on these forums. They are sending their recruits here (lol)
    Some people are just natural sales people or they spent many years and money in school or wherever to create the level of income they have.

People fail cause it's not their thing. Marketing is fast paced, always changing and tough and you have to like it,

I am not raking in anything to bragg about either but I look at it as a way to use my free time to hopefully generate an income for the future as I get better at marketing.
  10. FreeCashMan

Mirab, I'm not sure who you've been talking too, but there are some money maker's in this forum, self included. I'm taking 5-6 figures earners. Not into boasting about cash flow because success in an online business is relative to one's knowledge, consistency, effort and time. Something many don't realize when getting involved in a biz opp. So the money I make doesn't dictate what some else can make doing the same thing I do, be it more or less. But don't think that this forum or other popular work at home forums are without significant money makers posting consistently or regularly. Then hey, maybe I just haven't made enough yet. [​IMG]

I training people on marketing with our program, as well as I market where I training members. Especially in forums. Forums are a superb place to generate leads to your opportunity if you do things consistently and have a viable opportunity to share, along with good commentary. Sly and subtle self promo post won't get anyone very far. You got to contribute something worthwhile, sometime.

I will say this to have success in an online business. It can't be about casual free time frolicking on the hope of making money online.

"Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness."
    -Matrix Reloaded: The Architect

Dedication, focus and commitment to success is what one must have to overcome the challenges to riches, or just good cash flow, with their online business. You can't play with it like a toy and expect to be successful. Play it like a professional sport, with multi-million dollar players, where the game is really about the serious business of making money with the game.

I love this Online "Game."

Cheers!
  11. dani_nae

dani_nae New Member

the key to MLM is finding a product you are passionate about, that people NEED, and is quality.

aside from that you have to be willing to work and stay committed. You have to set long term, monthly, and weekly goals.

Best of all, hold yourself accountable for YOUR business.
  12. Anthony S

Anthony S New Member

Hello Freecashman,

Thanks for the reply my friend. You guessed right, I am a 'newbie'[​IMG] still, and although I regard my self as a pretty good marketer in the off line face to face, real in person world, I am a pretty new to to the world of internet marketing but I think I am making strides with the help of observant and professional folks like yourself.
    thanks for the tip about how to put the links into my signature.. I think I did it right.. we will see as soon as I post this note. As far as the company I joined I think it maybe different to the one you are thinking off.. anyhow check it out I would welcome your thoughts, comments and any constructive ideas that you have.

thanks again mate

cheers Anthony
  13. Anthony S

Anthony S New Member

hey freecash, wow it worked. wow you should see my face now if only you could see my face now. I just went to the fridge to get a beer to celebrate... my missus just ran down the stairs to find out what all the noise was about[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG].....thanks mate, Thankyou, I am not sure about what I could do to help you as I am still learning this internet stuff. but ask anyway.

cheers Thanks again I am still grinning from ear to ear

Anthony (the 53 year old kid with a new toy HOW GREEN IT IS[​IMG])
  14. WARRANTIES4LESS

Congrats Anthony,

Always nice to see newbies come to the forum, and I see you learned a lot already for you found a good product in WOWGreen for your first venture, so good luck, having been in the green industry for years, and seeing strong growth, this one is a winner and with your face to face skills, no doubt you will do well.

Success to all, Mike
  15. FreeCashMan

16. BlakeSmith97

BlakeSmith97 New Member

I am having alot of success with Enlyten. I usually dont do MLMs but its ground floor so I figured why not. Its going great so far. Hopefully it will provide long term residual income.
  17. Anthony S

Anthony S New Member

hi mike, freecash and all here,

Thanks very much for the kind comments the good lucks and words of encouragement, yes I believe I have a winner I'm giving this my all, learning new things everyday and taking action.
    In fact not only have I learnt lessons from my sponsors and upline but from some of my downline too, so if I maybe bold enough to contribute newbie advise on this forum:
    Here is a lesson for everyone including the leaders out there in MLM land, never be afraid to reach out and ask for help, ideas and answers to questions from anyone in your organization you may just be amazed where the best ones come from..now thats teamwork.

So my answer to the initial title question posed on this thread is.

Yes there is!![​IMG]

cheers everyone
    Anthony Salt
  18. TshirtFrank

TshirtFrank New Member

I am not personally involved in MLM's but my uncle has had huge success in this field. He hasn't worked a "real" job in 15 years and has a huge house in lake arrowhead CA. Anyway he was done with MLM, didnt need to work any more and found a product called e-cig it is basically a tobaccoless cig that you can smoke anywhere, it does not violate the clean air act. He says that it is the easiest MLM he has ever seen because you dont have to approach people, they approach you to see what you are doing. Anyway check it out!
  19. WARRANTIES4LESS

Agreed,

There are many who have made it big in MLM, but like all businesses, it takes work. I have been researching nothing but recession proof businesses in the past year seeing my revenies drop off due to recession over past year.

The e-cigarette did make it onto my top ten list, why, simple, with tobacco taxes going to be going up with Obama plan to fund healthcare, a pack of smokes will problably be over ten bucks now, and combined with those wanting to kick nicotine habit, this new technology is the only health safe alternative, so I agree, one of the most easy businesses to promote even if you are not a tobacco smoker.

I use it even though I had kicked habit decades ago, but I remember it like yesterday how difficult it was to kick habit. I tried to quit a dozen times, wasn't easy, wish I had this e-cigarette back then, everyone I refer this to ends up kicking addiction to nicotine in a couple months, and no more tobacco and the cancer, heart disease and emphysema associated with tobacco smoking, so this is a great little product I would recommend to anyone to use, or make money with.

Success to all, Mike
  20. jeffathome

jeffathome New Member

Look for products that are already branded. Meaning they don't need mlm to sell them. It is much easier to sell big name products that people are familiar with and see all the time.