Any legit California work at home jobs?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Army guy, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Army guy New Member

I am currently looking for more ways to make money and looking at all possible options. I have looked at a few sites that are mentioned here but have found one that is available in California. Many are not available here. Any one know some good places available for my state?
  2. sarauk New Member

What kind of job are you after? There are few ideas in this forum.
  3. mountainmom5 Gold Member

You can do affiliate marketing from anywhere.
  4. pcwork New Member

You can try freelance writing or online tuitions
  5. early New Member

Army guy
    Hi I hope you don't mind a bit of advice from someone who has been doing this for a very long time. If your truly looking to work from home and not be dictated by other peoples schedules there are many product oriented companies that direct ship. Not every company is right for every person so keeping this in mind you need to do some soul searching. Ask yourself how much time, money and effort you are willing to put forth into your business. Research companies that you have an interest in and also keep in mind our economy. People are not going to spend hundreds of dollars on products so find something that a large portion of the public uses and is afordable. Remember if you begin building a business you want to build clients not customers. Clients will return to you again and again customers will be a one time shot. I also advise against trying to sell anything you do not personally believe in. People will be able to tell when you are genuine in your beliefs. Keep looking do your homework and best of luck to you.
  6. Dennis Anthony New Member

mountainmom5: You can do affiliate marketing from anywhere.

Agreed!
    I couldn't think of a better way to earn a living from home.
    It takes work, but what good thing doesn't take a lot of diligent effort, right? [IMG]

With your experience in the military, you would probably have the self-discipline to do very, very well for yourself.

Best,
    ~Dennis
  7. jenni2010 New Member

i THIRD the affiliate marketing! It'll take time to build up to an actual income but id say its by far the best way to make money online!
  8. talfighel Silver Member

Don't look for a "JOB" online cause you will not find it.

You will only find legitimate and honest work at home opportunities like Selling other people's products (Affiliate programs).

Tal
  9. j11_cook New Member

talfighel: Don't look for a "JOB" online cause you will not find it.
    I agree with Tal on this one. Lord knows I applied and tried so many of these so called Jobs Online that it is absolutely sickening to think how much time I have wasted over the years on this. Not one of them ever panned out or made me any money.

If you sincerely are looking for something that will make you money and allow you to Work At Home, the only way is to have your own business and do it for yourself. It will be much sweeter for you this way. You will be making the money for yourself, instead of having to work for someone else at a conventianal job.

I personally think that Affiliate Marketing is the best opportunity to make money at home on the internet, but there are plenty of things that you can check into. Just be sure to do all of your RESEARCH, before making your mind up on what to do. Then be prepared to put 110% into it to make it work for you. If you don't and you give up, you will never realize the potential of it, your earning potential, or yourself in this field.[IMG]
  10. happywife Gold Member

If you genuinely want a "job" rather than starting your own business (and yes, I know some people do), probably the suggestion of freelance work is your best option.

If you have marketable internet skills you can be paid for your work - content writing, graphic design, programming, etc.

The downside of this for U.S. workers is that the internet is a global economy and you compete for work with people in countries with a much lower cost of living. As a result, it is harder to earn a good wage online because of the competition. Still it's possible if you are good at what you do.

Freelancing would not be the best option for most people because you can earn more money in the long run by learning to build your own online business, but for those who have no interest in doing that, it's a genuine opportunity.

I'm glad that some people DO freelance work. It makes it easier for me to get more done when I can replace myself with a paid virtual worker. [IMG]

Not sure if you'll be back in this forum Army Guy, but I wish you the best in finding something that will meet your needs.

Blessings,
    Angie