Any Legitimate Data entry or Envelope Stuffing Jobs?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by beatleman1943, Apr 24, 2006.

1. beatleman1943

beatleman1943 New Member

Well, I have been searching all over for an answer. ARE there any legitimate Data Entry/ Typist Jobs out there, and/or Envelope Stuffing jobs? Can i get some reviews of these companies? I have looked all through this forum, and cannot find an answer. Has anyone tried any of these types of companies and succeeded?

2. Mattathome

Mattathome New Member

Hi Beatleman,

In the process of working my business from home, I have the pleasure of meeting a variety of people from many walks of life.

Sadly, I have heard many people tell me that they have tried "envelope stuffing" jobs only to find them total scams.

My primary thought when I have considered such jobs is: "if a machine can do the job 10 times faster than any human could, how could there possibly be any money in it?"

As for data entry, there may be a shred of legitimacy in it, but I have yet to find someone tell me they have been able to actually make money at it from home.

Hope this helps,

Matthew Thompson

3. diamonddust417

diamonddust417 New Member

I have heard nothing but bad things about both. They just want to take your money. You should never have to pay to work!

4. inter

inter New Member

I think Data entry or Envelpe Stuffing Jobs all are scams.

5. JeffCasmer

JeffCasmer New Member

Hi,

There are some legitimate data entry jobs but no envelope job is legitimate...

Jeff Casmer

6. WhitePhoenix

WhitePhoenix New Member

I agree with JeffCasmer - I have known several people who tried envelope stuffing - but that was years ago and I didn't think anyone did that any more.

Try looking at sites like Freelance Work Exchange and Guru for data entry or 'secretarial support' type listings. I have found many 'date entry' listings offered, but I have not taken one as of yet because many of these people wait until the last minute and then say they need it done 'like yesterday' and my schedule won't allow me to do that.

You may decide to try out some Guru or Freelance Work Exchange for free for a week and then sign up as a member - I have done both with each of those. I'm not making millions - yet - but I get enough work to keep me busy and to help pay my bills. If I could become mroe organized and disciplined, I could probably pick up more -... sigh

7. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Yeah, envelope stuffing usually means stuffing someone else's pockets with your hard earned cash! Think about it - why on earth would anyone pay you $3.00 to stuff an envelope when they could have it "stuffed" in a factory for a fraction of a penny?

One company you might want to look into is AddressAmerica.com and you can click on their "Business Opportunties" section. They do require a small investment to get started - last I checked it was about $200.00 - but - last I checked (things could have changed so you'll need to give them a call to be sure), you can start distributing flyers in your neighborhood BEFORE you actually order their start up kit - that way you can see if you'll generate sales before you make the investment.

8. sueZQ

sueZQ New Member

Yeah, never try envelope stuffing they will rip you off, and you can pay to work and there are some legitimate data processing sites out there, you just need to be carefull because there are also a lot of scams. I have joined probably just about every one that you could think of and only a few of them was I able to make any money from.

9. twnuck

twnuck New Member

The only data entry or handwork types of jobs I would trust are those you find on the local level. Open your Yellow Pages and look at printing companies, mailhouses, etc. that are always looking for part time help in the above areas. These a real family based companies that need labor and pay an hourly wage.

Good luck,
    Todd

10. ladybug

ladybug New Member

Legitimate online data entry jobs are extremely rare...not impossible, just rare. There is no such thing as a legitimate envelope stuffing job.

11. razorlgacy

razorlgacy New Member

I have had a couple of my in laws taken for the evelope stuffing jobs. They tried many and they were non payers. They also tried the ones where you get un-assembled merchandise in which you assemble them and send them back. They are supposed to send you the paycheck, but alas, the check never came. Not mentioning the up front fee in order to get started.

Please if anyone has real world successful stories please publish without promoting your own gimmicks.

12. marksjerky

marksjerky New Member

A very good friend of mine has built a very profitable candle making business, she learned her craft from a kit she bought on a candle making website. I have my own online store, but I guess I'm not allowed to promote it here.

13. pcwork

pcwork New Member

KeyforCash pays for data entry but they have a long waiting list. There are a few other companies also , but they hire locally

14. davidstoakes

davidstoakes New Member

I'd double-check the Freelance site before committing to it, even for 'free'. By Googling its name I found people who though it wasn't worth much--merely collecting classifieds available elsewhere--, a pain to disentange one and one's credit car from, and a 'lead vehicle' for boiler-room style 'upgrade' promoters. Or it could be fine.

15. RayvinAndRob

RayvinAndRob New Member

Have you looked into network marketing?

Most people do it everyday. They just don't get paid for it.

What do I mean?

Well, network marketing is about recommending and promoting stuff you like. And almost everybody has been doing that since age five.

Wouldn't it be nice if you got a bonus check in the mailbox every month just for recommending something you like to a neighbour, say a type of weight management system or a nutritional supplement or an energy drink?

What the heck. You do it with movies you see, restaurants you try, CDs, cars, places to visit, etcetera. You might as well get involved in a good network marketing company and find a few products it has that you enjoy and that you can promote. Then you could earn some extra cash. Certainly more than you would stuffing envelopes!

16. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

I know this forum is old but I actually did find a legitimate envelope stuffing job. It's local and I found it on Craigslist. They want to see the response they get from hand addresses vs. machine address. I guess we're just more apt to open something written to us by hand..i know i am[​IMG]

17. kdbbiz

kdbbiz New Member

There are many legitimate jobs for data entry to be found at http://odesk.com This is a freelance site that works a little differently than most. You set up a profile and post your resume for employers to see, then you apply for jobs as you would a normal job in the real world, If someone is interested in you, they will contact you for an internview. You can apply to 20 jobs a day.
    I have gotten many jobs there over the last year. Pay is more than some of the other freelance sites because you can set you wage, and if you want to take a job for less, you can put that in when you apply to each job(since some jobs are easier than others)

18. wahl2008

wahl2008 New Member

I agree with kdbbiz! I've been working with oDesk for over a year and am really satisfied with their services. You can find all types of freelance work, from admin assistant to programmer.

19. srama3

srama3 New Member

A rule of thumb in online jobs is not to pay to actually get a job. All the legit online programs make you pay to learn how to run a business. There is no real legitimate data entry jobs available.

20. jbynoe

jbynoe New Member

Stay away from the envelope stuffing jobs I know too many people who have been scammed by these offers. I just haven't heard one story when some one comes out a winner in this situation. The same can be said about the data entry jobs as well. I will recommend a good work from home sites that pays out well. Try

http://www.angelpin.net/contractors.html

and good luck!