any west at home agents here?

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by TrudyS, Sep 16, 2007.

1. TrudyS

TrudyS New Member

hi, i am looking for any west at home agents to connect with to discuss/share work stuff.

2. panzerswifey

panzerswifey New Member

I work for them. Have you converted over yet?

3. Sumrcomet

Sumrcomet New Member

Hello, recently signed up with West, hoping everything works out good. Will post any new happenings or disappointments. Any other legit work at home opportunities would be helpful. Wish I could find a legit data entry work at home site. Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks

4. panzerswifey

panzerswifey New Member

I dont know if I can post it here but go to work place like home there is a lot of legit companies to work for that you dont pay out to get the job.
    I would never pay to get a job.

5. Sumrcomet

Sumrcomet New Member

Wow, disappointment. Didn't pass first test..ha ha...on me..for HSN..emailed HR to see if I can test for another..wish me luck..

6. Deenicedmc

Deenicedmc New Member

I am about to start working for West also. I heard from my cousin's friend about West and she likes it. I just want to know what they'll pay. I left a job that paid well, but wanted all of my time and them some-and I have two small kids....have to be able to be a mommy, not just an employee.

7. alpinediesel

alpinediesel New Member

Do they still have any opening? what positions are available at West?

8. ddjjgg

ddjjgg New Member

Hi,
    I saw your posting about West At Home. I am considering signing up with them but am afraid to give my personal info. to them. Just wondering how you like them and if you've had any problems. Thanks
    [email protected]

9. treshay

treshay New Member

Hello for those who have experience with West, I just finished filling out my New Hire Forms and I am wondering what to expect. I have not been contacted over the phone by anyone yet - I guess that's a blessing today since I've managed to catch a cold and my voice is crackly (not too bad though so I could manage lol) ANyways, should I go out and get a headset? I have a phone, with three bases so if one dies I have two back ups, I also have a brand new computer with Vista and high speed internet. Is there anything else that I will need? Or a website that lists what I will need?

I'm also wondering about the hours - I looked at another website Alpine Access and they have strict schedules that don't work for me because I have three children - how do their shifts work here? Are they really flexible? I was hoping to work in the evenings after my girls are all sleeping. If I can't I guess I can have my sister come play with the girls while I work.

I'm excited and nervous. Afraid to tell anyone about this because I dont want to have to defend this and say it's not a scam and then end up eating my words later so I'm hush hush for now.

I'll be looking through the other posts but would love any information on the start up process and how long it usually takes before your earning money. Thank you All!!! I'm so excited!!

10. ssburks

ssburks New Member

Hello Teresa,
    I have been working for West since Sept. I love it! I was looking for a West at Home agent chat forum like this. Sometimes I feel so isolated and it would be good to be able to talk to other agents. I work for Virgin Mobile. Let me know how you are doing?
    Shirley

11. Berni

Berni New Member

Yes, another benefit of West, hours are flexible. I have worked early morning, late nite, and middle of the nite, middle of the day, it is flexible. I don't have to schedule hours two weeks in advance. I can log on now and choose hours for tonite if they are posted available, or for the next day or for the next two weeks. I work for the DR skill and I like it. I use a plantronics phone that I had to buy for Alpine, and it works great. But I think you can use any phone that can use a headset. I don't recommend cordless, because of static and battery issues. I was paid for training and did it in my own time, which only took me about 11 hours.

12. treshay

treshay New Member

Thank you so much for replying - sorry it took so long to get back to you. I thought I would get an email when I got replies so I just figured this forum was slow. Anyways, I'm happy to hear from live people who work with West. Here's where I'm at - I finished my training (paid for me as well which was a nice plus) I'm now just waiting for my phone company to remove the features from my phone so that I can get started.

I went on Spectrum for the first time and look at scheduling and I'm excited. But I have a question. Next to the time frame there is a price (I think that's what it is) for example it might say .17/min next to 9:00am - 9:30 - is that work time, or is that what you get paid for every minute you are actually talking or is it guaranteed pay??? That's the confusing part. They talk about a bunch of different ways you might get paid and I don't know how to tell the difference. I'd LOVE to hear from both of you. I'm with Direct Response also Berni and I'm nervous that I'll get crazy calls and won't know how to handle them LOL. But I know I'll be ok, I have well over 11 years admin./cust. serv. experience under my belt and I've even done that yucky cold calling telemarketing stuff before so this should be ok.

ssburks - I feel isolated too and I'm new to this. I told a few friends and my mom and they all pretty much don't want to hear about it because they think it's a scam. My mom says she'll be more willing to hear about it once I've received a check, but she's certian that they just asked for my bank info so they could deplete my funds. I guess we'll see. But I would be willing to share my Yahoo IM username if there is a way to do it private so that the world doesn't get it. I think it'd be nice to have some co-workers to chat with and ask questions to. What do you guys think about that??

I look forward to hearing from you and again, thank you so much for the response! I'm so excited and can't wait for the phone company to get the ball rolling!!! [​IMG]

13. treshay

treshay New Member

I wish this board was busier - I have lots of questions. I finally started working (for some reason it took me a while to get up the nerve to schedule myself but once I did it it was ok) I did make a few mistakes but I'm hoping there is a learning curve for newbies that West will take into consideration. Here's my latest question for any West employees out there. I work for Direct Response and on my Performance tab I show that I've made, I think 9 APO's out of 12. I saw that they pay incentives and commissions somewhere - can't find it now, so I'm wondering if that's true and if it only applies to upsells or just to APO's or if it's for both. And of course I"m wondering if I should expect any commission or "bonus" pay for those 9 upsells or do you have to get alot before you get any type of incentive pay.

By the way, I've decided to start a Yahoo group for West employees to share these kind of questions. Here's the link:
    [Link removed - Admin]

Hope to hear from you all again and hope to see you there!

14. Berni

Berni New Member

Quoting: treshayI went on Spectrum for the first time and look at scheduling and I'm excited. But I have a question. Next to the time frame there is a price (I think that's what it is) for example it might say .17/min next to 9:00am - 9:30 - is that work time, or is that what you get paid for every minute you are actually talking or is it guaranteed pay??? That's the confusing part. They talk about a bunch of different ways you might get paid and I don't know how to tell the difference. I'd LOVE to hear from both of you. I'm with Direct Response also Berni and I'm nervous that I'll get crazy calls and won't know how to handle them LOL. But I know I'll be ok, I have well over 11 years admin./cust. serv. experience under my belt and I've even done that yucky cold calling telemarketing stuff before so this should be ok.

Pay is per minute of actual talk time, sometimes calls are back to back, sometimes not, you will at least make minimum wage is my understanding. Yes all of the types of pay are confusing, and at first i was let down, by my check amount. But then the holiday pay was great.

About crazy calls, umm yeah i have had a few. kids pranks, grown mens pranks(to be nice about it), and some people who are just plain angry and want to yell. But this is how i see it. I answer the phone intending to do my job. If people are calling to be funny or weird or mean, that is on their conscience not mine. I don't see them, or know them, and probably never have to speak to them again. As long as I am making an honest living i have nothing more to deal with. That is why i love this opportunity more so than being in an actual work place, the stress level is almost non existent. The upsells make me nervous still, and i have been listened to by coaches and recieved feedback, and so far i have been ok, so i think you will too. [​IMG]

15. treshay

treshay New Member

Oh well, your crazy calls are much better than the crazy call I had because it was my fault. I had finished a complete order for a man and he wanted a confirmation number so I asked him to hold while I found the customer service number - I was looking for it and found the PF2 customer service screen and went there - it asked for the nature of concern so I hit "contact c/s" thinking it would give contact info but instead it logged the call as a problem call and disconnected me from the guy. That was one of my very first calls so I'm really hoping that if they saw or recorded it or whatever that they will give some lee-way or I'll probably get fired. Poor guy. I have no idea if his order went through before the call was logged or if it just showed as a problem call and someone will call him back. Oh - and to top it all off right at the beginning of the call he asked for my name and employee id in case there was a problem with the order - so he'll probably be calling anyways. {Sigh} It's very embarrassing because I have the experience with admin that I do so I shouldn't be making such stupid mistakes but I guess it's all part of the learning process...I hope.

Do you know anything about whether we get paid commission for our upsells? Just curious if I should even count on anythign like that or not. Thanks!!!

16. candlesms

candlesms New Member

Quoting: treshayANyways, should I go out and get a headset? I have a phone, with three bases so if one dies I have two back ups

I use vonage V-Phone. It is a flash drive phone. West discourages Vonage but it is not forbidden. But my phone never dies. AND my phone auto answers so I cant have the possibility of missing a call. Let me know if you want information with it, Good luck with West!

17. treshay

treshay New Member

I am interested, how long have you best with West and how long have you used this type of phone without problem? I currently use my homephone but had to remove all features and I'm actually paying EXTRA for featureless- phone companies will get you anyway they can I swear!

18. tab29

tab29 New Member

Does anyone else work in Direct Response. I started today and didn't care for it. I want to switch skills... any info on this?[​IMG]

19. firsttimemother

firsttimemother New Member

please do you think westathome is a scam, i put all my personal information there and there is no reply

20. candlesms

candlesms New Member

Quoting: treshay I had finished a complete order for a man and he wanted a confirmation number
    I always say that My name is Melissa and this is my agent ID number. It works, makes them happy and I always say. I don't have a confirmation number Sir/Ma'am But I can give you my agent ID number. And they are happy and they leave it at that. And I've never had bad feedback about it. Ever.

Melissa