Anybody heard about Your Travel Biz opp?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by Raequan2025, Apr 19, 2006.

1. glorias

glorias New Member

People who do not learn network marketing skills will have complaints against YTB, just as they do against all other network marketing companies.

Other people brainless parrot those complaints without investigating just because they heard them from somebody else. If you don't make money, blame it on the company. It's a credible-sounding excuse.

People with network marketing skills are the ones making the money because they took the time to learn how to do it.

Most people are better at making excuses than they are at making money.

The real reason the rich get richer

They know how to do it. And they do it. They do it in network marketing, traditional business or investing. It is almost impossible to do with a job.

Bottom line: you can make excuses, or you can make money. But you can't make both.

Gloria
    [Link removed - Admin]
  2. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Quoting: Ahigh04We strictly want to sell packages/cruises/etc... We plan on doing our own advertising and selling of the products through various marketing methods. Obviously, we would book through our assigned webpage, but would be doing heavy telephone and person to person (in an office) business. Do any of these "programs" reward individuals handsomly who just sell these packages??

Do any of these "programs" reward individuals handsomly who just sell these packages?

YES !

Definitely!
    we offer a package and travel agent program.

As a travel agent with 12 years experience I can honestly say there are good options out there.

Do due diligence f you are interested in selling TRAVEL.

Terri
  3. ytbtravel

ytbtravel New Member

really.... gloria.... people with no network marketing skills will complain about YTB... how wrong you are.... i have been in the industry for quite some time and very succesful in two other companies.... and YTB is in the same ball park as the Global Prosperity Group was. Pearl 729 did everyone justice who is going to take a look at YTB... if the better business Bureau put it down, then buyer beware.

I see only YTB associates praising YTB and other travel people trying to get anyone to join thier company....

There are good associates and bad associates, and when you get paid to recruit anyone you will take anyone... i belong to companies that we get paid when you become successful. So we have a work ethic, and we look after our associates... those who work don't go running away saying this don't work.... all they can say is that they did not work..... big difference. That is what the new person should be looking for.... not some sham outfit that rewards a recruiter 1000 dollars for seeling the business to someone who has no idea of what they are getting into ..... most of these people can't sell
    water to a thirty man in a desert.... yet YTB and many MLM companies reward people for just signing up bodies......

maybe that is why there are only 30 companies in the entire MLM industry that has passed the test of time..... look that up in Network marketing for Dummies... written by Zig Ziglar....

buyer beware.... look for the companies that have been around... not compnaies that are tradeing on the pink sheets because they are broke and are just starting up..... 99% will never make it to the bigger boards... do the reasearch.... get away from the hype.... go ask a millionaire, not some idiot who is looking to make 50 bucks from signing you up and is so desperate to get 6 people on so that they can get 1000 dollars in bonus money,... so they can go to cutting edge media and buy leads for 250 bucks for 20 names to call....... DO YOU RESEARCH!!!!!
  4. y1der

y1der New Member

First off it's really funny how people look to other people to make decisions for them. I've never understood this. "Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you are right." - Henry Ford.

It's my opinion that 20% of the population makes 80% of the money because the 80% of the population are listening to each other. Imagine if Bill Gates quit after he was told by a number of investors that his idea was crazy. Bottom line no one opportunity is going to get everyone. Even Jesus hasn't gotten everyone. He's the best network marketer in history. Someone has to answer customer service calls; someone has to take your order at the drive through. It's all about mindset, if you don't have the mindset that tells you there more to life then working 40 + hours a week, living pay check to pay check then guess what you'll do, exactly that.

I think it's been stated, there are lots of opportunities in travel and others. I chose YTB about a month ago. I've already booked a group cruise for my mom, which I was going to do anyway. Now I get commissions from every cabin booked and my wife and I go for free. That was pretty good for me for $500. I've also have a hotel on a golf course in St Augustine, FL booked for our 10 year anniversary at 50% off the normal rate.

For those that say we don't book travel, check out page 41 @ http://travelweekly.texterity.com/travelweekly/20070625/ and let me know when those other companies get into the top 50 travel companies that booked at least 100 million in travel in 2006.

It boils down to what you want out of life. Most people are content with working for the corporation that gives them a check every week. That is until they decide they can do better without you. Then some make it to retirement only to have to go out and find a job because they didn't make or save enough money. I'm not here to say YTB will make you rich. I'm here to say make your own decisions in life. You know the Oprah and Bill Gates are billionaires, you can find out exactly how they did it, but you can't duplicate it if you don't have the mindset. That can be applied to anything in life; you have to see it in your mind before you can have it in this world. God Bless.
  5. lisaloo84

lisaloo84 New Member

I went to a ytb presentation tonight. I felt like I was at a car dealership looking for a Chevy and they were trying so hard to get me into a used lexus. Let the product sell itself. Let the website sell itself. I agree with other users about the trouble I had with the site. I searched any cruiseline, any time in november, any length of time for a cruise to the Mediteranean. It said that there were no cruises for my search criteria. Seriously? No cruises going that way at all in November of 2007? wow. I also searched many flights and found that the prices on ytb's site were higher than all other sites i checked for a random 3 day flight in the middle of september. Found better deals on other sites and I found cruises in november to my destination on other sites. I now realize that it is not about the travel itself, it is about the signing up of more people. And why should I pay 50 bucks/month to have my name on a travel site that isn't as fabulous as me? [​IMG]
    I came on this page to investigate what my gut was already telling me. And that was, don't get sucked in, you'll only be wasting time and money. Thank you for all the insight you've given me, you've helped me feel confident in my decision.
  6. jamiesbiz

jamiesbiz New Member

lisaloo84 your right on target with your experiences... the same as i have had, ....

and many others that i know... few were even associates that caught onto the gimmick..... and the tax deductions taht they talk about... true when in business you have better tax breaks, providing you meat the criteria....

and again... as YTB travel states... it is always a YTB associate that is talking postive and this time we have one that is totally brainwashed... don't you just love ametuer networkers that throw all the lingo around as they do in A.A. meetings.... trying to dazzle you with thier brilliance???

yet they have no idea what they are truly doing... somone gave them some fancy sayings to say, that is put in a way that is hard to argue with... yet they don't even know that the product is the people not the business... yet they participate in a business that get paid to recruit bodies....

YTBtravel said it.... go with a company where your sponsor makes money when you become succesful... not just because he fast talked and sold you a "store front".... even Rick Ricketts the no 1 guy in YTB pushes store fronts... not the travel... travel is a by-product... plus Rick and the top thirty people take on a lot of stock in teh company instead of taking cash when thier bonuses are hit.

so when they have large teams and Y1der books her few days of travel... its the top 30 people making the big bucks as they have the most stock, and the biggest investment into the survival of teh company... they are tied in for millins of stock that they get for a buck a share... yet the market price has been bouncing around $4
    and that is one way that are getting or it appearrs that they are making so much money.... the question is can they actually sell off being that YTB is on the pink sheets.... the lowest of all stock exchanges.... this area is a crap shoot... companies list on this board in order to generate capitol to survive......

YTB books thier travel through travelocity... YTB is an end user with an agreement through the above company and carnival cruise lines... in other words they work for these other companies... why not just go direct???? YTB prices are not better... it is like the other company where you buy soap for 20 dollars a bottle, yet you can get the same soap from wal-mart for a buck...

even in thier meetings.. they say push the store fronts, push teh store fronts... and go to your family.. and ask them to book off your site... since they know you........ then you get into training and then you find out that the cruises is the only thing that actually pays anything worthwhile for your time... in addition you do not get paid for the booking until after the cruise has been taken, the bill paid in full, the payment proccessed and then your cut is forwarded to you later which can be several months or over a year from the time of the original booking.... they don't tell you this stuff up front...

in addition you have much compitition... trump is running his travel agency... who would rather book your hotel with ... your nighbor because you happen to know them, or would you book with an expert when you are going to lay out thousands for your trip, your traveling to another country etc.... i don't know about you but i would rather pay the full price and be assured that i am going to have the time of my life...... after all you get what you pay for...

i don't know if discount or ametuer is something i want to deal with when we only have a few days out of work schedules to travel....

go the the meeting look to the left, and look to the right... is that really somebody who you want to be booking your travel? the person who can't make it in this industry... after all when over 80% lose at the game and have to use all this lingo to persuade you.... what are they going to do for you when you are in egypt and you your flight is non-existant.... i'm sure you have a better chance to get things straightened out with a proffessional travel agency than with YTB
  7. jojobiz

jojobiz New Member

YTB is it really a business... i checked out that networking marketing for dummies book like someone said to do... an yes... only 30 companies have stayed the test of time..... i checked the financials as well.... and lets say ... buyer beware......

network marketing is alread a very competitive market,, ad wth travel the compition is phenomonal... competition is good, but only with a compny that knows what they are doing... read on... learn then run as fast as you can from this company....

The company is legitimate and the concept is decently executed, but the financials are an absolute train wreck. And it's been getting worse over time, not better. I bought some of this stock, and I wished I had backed up the truck because I was fortunate enough to sell at the top. But that was dumb luck on my part. This one really should be a penny stock, given the fact that the company is losing money hand over fist, year after year.

There are only three things to which I can attribute its current lofty (and unsustainable) share price: 1) the enthusiasm of YTB's travel agents who buy the company's stock on the same hype that led them to join the company in the first place, but who don't understand the fundamentals that underlie business valuation; 2) a simple shortage of share availability; and/or 3) insider manipulation. None of these are rational reasons for this stock to have any real or trustworthy value, and if you own it, Sell! Sell! Sell!

If you bought this stock when it was a dollar, you've made an incredible (and totally irrational) 800% gain. Don't be a pig and get slaughtered. Take your 800% gain and laugh all the way to the bank. You'll have a great story to share at cocktail parties about your inadvertent brush with disaster that gave your lucky soul a phenomenal gain.

If you think the company's exciting product will somehow (magically) translate into a high stock price, think again, and take a look at the company's SEC filings. Earnings are what drive a stock's value, and this company DON'T GOT IT. Not by a long shot.

The company's pitch is alluring; the stock's meteroic rise captivating. Be warned, these are the Greek Sirens calling out to all the unsuspecting sailors passing by, drawing you in with their sweet song only to see you dashed against the cliffs and drowned.

Sell! Sell! Sell! Don't Buy! Don't Buy!
  8. Gailtravel

Gailtravel New Member

I have had a good experience with YTB. I did my research before signing up. I figured if worse comes to worse, I will have a good tax write-off! But I have met those who were successful and I believe I will be successful.
    I have friends in the process of booking 2 cruises. Several booked airfare. In fact I was helping a friend book airfare from Laguardia to Kingston Jamaica roundtrip. Welooked on my site at the time we found a Spirit fare for $296. She had already looked on the Spirit sit and found the same one for $323 ! My price was cheaper.
    I did notice that the fairs do not stay around long. If you see a good price take it then, when you go back it might be gone.
    All businesses are built on pyramids. McDonalds, Burger King, Curves. Secondly in 1979 the coourt ruled that AMWAY was a legitimate MLM. that paved the way for companies like YTB, AVon, Mary kay and similar to operate.
    Its not for everyone. But for those like me its a great opportunity.
  9. ayalatravel

ayalatravel New Member

Just yesterday I was watching the story of Sam Walton (Owner of Walmart). To make a long story short, the company has been around longer than I have been alive. They have had many setbacks but they are still here. Like it or not Walmart is never going out of business.

This brings me to the whole YTB back and forth mess. I was baffled when I read these posts. My feelings are who cares two cents about having an upline. Did you complain to the "plantation owner" when you had a JOB,or if you still have one, about why you have/had a manager, a supervisor, so on and so forth. Who cares, at some point unless you were fortunate enough to come into a business as the first recruit, you are going to be under someone.

Next, there is KMART, Walmart, Sears, JCPenney,Ross, Macys. They all sell items, and no eveything at Walmart is not cheap. But you shop where you feel comfortable shopping, where it is feaseable, and where you well please, that is your perogative.

Throughout the years I have been with many companies, Equinox, ACN, PrePaid Legal, BodyExtreme, Usana, Goyin, Monavie, etc,etc,etc. Most of these companies are still around and are great companies. But guess what, I am not with either of them today. I did not join them because I fell in love with my upline and I did not leave them because my "upline" did not sponsor people under me. They just were not for me.

When I joined YTB I did not blink or #$$%^ about the sign up fee. I saw it as the cost of doing business, most of the companies I have been with cost way more than that, and per month I had to spend at least $120. It is the cost of doing business, bottom line. Nor, am I waiting for someone to make my business grow for me.

YTB, Coastal Vacations, Traverus etc, etc I could care less who you sign up with. To me I just want people that are going to promote their business, because that is what it is. This is Network Marketing,which is comprised of a lot of people doing a little bit of work. Not a small amount of people doing massive work. That is working backwards. Me personally I want to get as many people as possible out of their jobs and leave the jobs for people with no vision and no goals.

There is plenty to go around. So let's quit talking cr$% about this one and that one and who doesn't have this and who has that. Because at the end of the day, we are all in companies with people that are unhappy. Hey American Airlines, JetBlue, Mexican Airlines, United Airlines, SW Airlines cannot have all the passengers, people will go not necessarily with the cheaper, they will go with the one that gives better service. I know I have always done that. Just because someone's prices are less don't mean they are better.

Building relationships is what this business is all about. Not about prices. There are lots of people really upset with Prepaid Legal with all their charge backs. But their are the few that made it to the top, that you could not drag them off Prepaid Legal. Honestly, who cares.

Did you go out yesterday and recommended it to someone. Did you call the owner to ask for your referral fee, or did you ask Macy's to give you a refund for the overpriced item they sold you, NO.

Much love to you all and much success to each and everyone of you.
    Doreen
  10. allsmiles

allsmiles New Member

Quoting: ytbtravelbe careful and look at the whole picture. the sponsor takes your first three recruits... many times these people will be your best people to work with. they took my best on me.

Hello ybttravel and other folks who may have insight,

I'm looking into YTB and wondering what ytbtravel meant by this quote? Can someone please explain how "the sponsor takes your first three recruits?"

I've just started doing research on YTB but I was under the impression that anyone you recruited and anyone he/ she recruited and so on would always remain in your network of recruits. Again I'm a newbie so any helpful feedback you may have on this quote or other information about YTB is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day!
  11. ayalatravel

ayalatravel New Member

ALLSMILES, your sponsor does not take your 1st three recruits. Every person I have recruited is under me, no one took them.

When you sign up, or have people sign up, make sure they go to your website. This goes for any company.

I have seen many of these other companies that claim to have all these great plans. They end up being "matrix plans," and every other crazy thing that is out there, with many limitations.

YTB is a great company. In all my years of experience I have never seen a company with such a "total package."

If you join YTB and work "smart," you will eventually do well. You do not need 100,000 people in your downline to do well with this company.

Much success to you,
    Doreen
  12. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hello YTB Members,

My name is Adam Frederick. Ive been in home based businesses for the last 20 years. I started in Amway and have done just about everything out there. For the past 2 years ive been in the travel industry and have seen alot of good things about many travel companies. YTB is one of them. You can take a look at me and my wifes story by going to the link on HBC magazine http://hbc.idigitaledition.com/issue.php?issue=5 page 26-27 One of the things ive learned is in any business you need leads. I now get 40,000 leads for $299 a month and there is even a residual income involved as well. Im not sure how many of you generate leads or do your advertising but im open to share what im doing with anyone. In addition I have my own marketing company so if you are looking for websites or lead capture pages be sure to contact me. There is no hype in calling me. I share what I can do and if you are interested great if not hopefully we can learn something from each other and possibly network in the future. Hope to talk to you all soon. You can contact me via my signature line ( this is one of my websites and has my contact info on it) or via pm on this forum.

Adam Frederick
    Business Entrepreneur + Motivational Speaker + Coach
  13. jojobiz

jojobiz New Member

ayala travel

obviously you don't know how your own compensation plan works...
    you get very little from your first three teams... they are under you, but your no getting paid in full by them, that is for your upline.....and if you just happen to hit that million dollar earner... you stand to get very little from them as compared to the power teams..... if you get there.... agan only 3% have to the fortitude to go out and swindle people into this business. just so they get the 1000 dollar bonus....
    travel is side line to the recruiting efforts.... even rick ricketts the #1 money earner for the company pushes store fronts.. for you make little from travel..... airlines pay squat... and you 'all get excited whe you have to wait months to get paid andthen you get paid only 60% of teh commision.... so thats 60 bucks on each hundred... airline commison is low.... about 3 bucks you will earn.... and you go ga-ga over that? heck come over and was my toilets... i'll be gld to pay you $5 bucks after you pay me 500 dollars for the privledge to clean my toilet.... exactly what YTB didto you... you paid them 500 bucks,the 49 bucks a month for your store front to earn 5 bucks in commission.... unless you are the sales person taht can sell cruises...
    an you better be good at it.... for the travel industry is fierce with competition.... with YTB you are in rediect marketing.... trying to get people to buy the same bar of soap from you tat they can get at wall mart...... the whole YTB gimmick is that your friends will buy from you, instead ofgoing to walmart.... the only problem with this... is that i know of noone who has as many friends as walmart has customers.... and if i am in walmart.... i'll buy soap there... i don't have te time to go hunting a friend down so they can make 5 cents on my purchase

read the fine print.... and look at the stock reports, and understand what it means to be on the pink sheets... the sewer section of teh stock market..... and now they just split the stocks... and now they As of July 31, 2007, YTB International had 38.9 million shares outstanding. The Company expects that once the approximately 77.8 million shares of Class B Common Stock which were issued to shareholders of record as of July 31, 2007, are credited to the accounts of beneficial holders, there will be approximately 116.7 million shares of common stock (Class A and Class B combined) owned beneficially by YTB International's shareholders.

another words the company is trying generate as much cash as possibl to keep floating......

again it is only the new associates who swallowed the B.S. hook line and sinker that are posting good things..... who cares if you booked a trip or two.... how much volume are you moving? or they just running a hobbie....

go talk to a tax adviser and learn how the tax incentives really work.... don't take it from someone who who sat in a room and is repeating the pitch.... whe tey themselves have no idea what they are talking about like ayala travel... who doesn't even know how thier own compensation plan works....

i woud get network marketing for dummies written by Zig Ziglar and understan what it isthat you are looking for in a company....
    as has been said before.... only 30 companies out of thousands of these companies have with stood the test of time....

there is even a company that was selling clocks made out of horse manure... thier associates said teh same thing....

global prosperity group said the same... until most of them went to jail.... goodluck
  14. delawarehispani

delawarehispani New Member

Okay people....let's be real.

First - the company is a public traded company. Which means that they must
    live by a different set of standards (especially since the reckoning day of
    ENRON).

Second - Advertising can be misleading....yes, it can. However, they are
    not to publish inaccuracy facts. That would be false advertising. Even if
    only 1 time or 1 person may achieve and/or received - it can be published as
    being fact. I can name numerous companies that I've been personally
    involved with from a consulting aspect that fit this example....Large
    fortune 500 companies. Also, I can name numbers of company the people in
    this email patronize that do that same thing. How many of us but Clorox,
    Johnson and Johnson Products, Coke, Pepsi......let's be real.

Third - I've worked in the "trading" field for many years...money,
    brokering, travel...You can never "GUARENTEE" that the price will not
    change. This individual who claims they could have received the flight for
    less - may in fact be right. Maybe just after booking with YTB...a
    wholesaler sold a book of air travel to other discounters for less - it
    happens. I now work in money - it changes by the hour each day throughout
    the day.
    Finally, I've had this very same thing happen to me - oh well, it just
    happens.

So the message I'm making clear hear is....1) Understand the person that the
    negative message came from...most of the time you can see why negativity
    came from them....; 2) Know the company and leadership that you have with
    your business opportunity and know the market well - this will help you with
    any decisions; 3) Unless a mass of individuals are complaining - don't
    worry....the small 1 or 2's that do complain may not have the knowledge or
    understanding of themselves let alone the business they've embarked on.

Best regards...from a trusted source
  15. csakal

csakal New Member

I am interested in knowing what the company is that you're talking about. Please email me information. I am looking at YTB and would like your input.

Cindy S.
  16. ytbtravel

ytbtravel New Member

delawarehispani
    trading field???? then you should know about the slum of the stocks... its called the pink sheets... there is no regulation....
    go look it up..... only an idiot would invest in this area....
    or someone who is crazy enough to gamble in vegas .... the odds are with the house.... i would suggest before posting idiotic info do your homework and be very thorough....

i have been with YTB... "your travel business"-- they sell storefronts to idiots that think they are buying a travel business.... the oldest trick in website developement....

open up a store and make tens of thousands of people market your wares .... i have yet to hear one person state that they are making a mid 6-figure income just by selling travel.... they all make money by selling storefronts ... by telling the unsuspecting prospect that they are buying a travel company.... yeah o.k.
  17. ytbtravel

ytbtravel New Member

i have been with YTB... "your travel business"-- they sell storefronts to idiots that think they are buying a travel business.... the oldest trick in website developement....

open up a store and make tens of thousands of people market your wares .... i have yet to hear one person state that they are making a mid 6-figure income just by selling travel.... they all make money by selling storefronts ... by telling the unsuspecting prospect that they are buying a travel company.... yeah o.k.
  18. Gailtravel

Gailtravel New Member

Quoting: ytbtravel have been with YTB... "your travel business"-- they sell storefronts to idiots that think they are buying a travel business.... the oldest trick in website developement....

You are so bitter!! What happened to you?
    I know so many people who are making money from YTB. I personally witnessed a couple receive their $10,000 bonus check. It is what you make it.
    I'm selling Travel and also recruiting. What's wrong with it?
  19. jojobiz

jojobiz New Member

Gailtravel

they can sow you anything on stage and yes a few will make a dollar... while people like you see stars... but they really are not stars.... just what you see when you get hit hard on the head with B.S. so you think you see what is really happening...... YTB stock has sunk to new lows....

YTB International Inc. Issues Q2 2007 Outlook
    August 1, 2007
    YTB International Inc. announced that it expects to report total revenue of approximately $32 million for the second quarter of fiscal 2007. In addition, the Company anticipates reporting approximately $1 million to approximately $1.25 million in pre-tax net income for the quarter ended June 30, 2007.

The year-to-date results still reflect a loss position.
  20. tldtim

tldtim New Member

they can sow you anything on stage and yes a few will make a dollar... while people like you see stars... but they really are not stars.... just what you see when you get hit hard on the head with B.S. so you think you see what is really happening...... YTB stock has sunk to new lows....

You can also say just about anything to discredit a company, true or false, in the anonymous world of the internet. YTB's stock just split and to say its sunk to knew lows is a misleading statement. Stocks don't split on a downward spiral.

YTB is a solid way to make business through the recruiting and selling travel as well. I've made good money just by selling the travel alone. If you're willing to put in some time to optimize your website and get the word out about it, you can make money. Search Engine Optimization is a wonderful thing.

What I don't understand is why people are so dead set against it when it can work. The thing is you have to treat it like a business or it isn't going to happen.