Anyone bought guaranteed visitors?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by djg, Oct 25, 2007.

1. djg

djg New Member

I found http://www.visitorboost.com in a search engine and they offer 1,000 website visitors for $1.95 so I am trying it. I don't know if it works yet but they started sending visitors and they showed up on my log. Has anyone bought these "guaranteed visitors" before to promote a program?
  2. AppealMarketing

AppealMarketing New Member

I received a 4,000 visitor package from Web-Dawg, won it there. And that's about what it was worth, as most of the traffic was from overseas and not clicking anywhere else, just the main page, so you can tell by you ave page/visitor, for me If I get a 1.75 or better I'm happy, but when this traffic came thru, it brought those number down to 1.10-1.16 averages, showing the poor quality traffic. I don't believe any of those guaranteed visitors packages are worth using unless you need to bring your traffic ranking up higher, they don't result in sales.
  3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Yeah, don't waste your money - if by some miracle you DO get traffic, it will probably be worthless.
  4. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Targetted traffic is far more valuable than any general visitors from any country
  5. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Yeah because it's all computerized, all your going get is a bunch of simulated visitors and zero conversions. These get visitors scams are a complete waste.
  6. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

I second all of the above.

Hey Duck, congrats on your first MPM member.

Newbie Shield
  7. kalien

kalien New Member

Quoting: djgI found http://www.visitorboost.com in a search engine and they offer 1,000 website visitors for $1.95 so I am trying it.

You do get what you pay for - I spent a substantial bit more for directed leads to my site, but so far, without any follow-up it has showed a 10% conversion rate with the remaining 95% being aggressively followed up by Moi!

Quoting: duckbirdThese get visitors scams are a complete waste.

The scams yes, but one must do their research and sometimes dig into their pocket to find worthwhile sources of qualified leads.
  8. cebarber2

cebarber2 New Member

The lowest of low quality traffic. Few if any actual visitors that are like-minded and looking for a legitimate opportunity. You'd have better luck with your phone book.
  9. CSGWAHM

CSGWAHM New Member

I wouldn't waste my time on the "guaranteed" visitors crap. You can get your own targeted visitors just by putting in some time and effort.
  10. ParzLou

ParzLou New Member

How about that solo ads was checkin into it seems like it might be worth a shot any one kow how many ads you get a day in the email I can handle some but dont want floods of hundred emails a day and so
  11. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Search on Google for solo ads, you can get feedback
  12. manowar

manowar New Member

How about webhitsdirect? they seem to be diff. from others, in that they place our full page ad in many websites for exposure. They've also partnered with exitexchange, and all their testimonials are from people who actually own websites, not individual testimonials (which can be faked).

Has anyone had good experinces with these ppl?
  13. happywife

happywife Gold Member

As always, I vote for free search engine traffic. Unless you have good money to spend, you aren't likely to get results from these "cheap" traffic sites. They are generally paid to click visitors who don't have an interest in your products.

Kalien mentioned qualified leads which is a completely different kettle of fish in my opinion. If you get the right company providing them, they are sort of "pre-screened" I believe so that the visitors are actually more specifically interested in what you are offering.

I don't like paying for traffic if I don't have to - so I don't. I just keep building more content to my sites and each month my traffic increases on it it's own (and probably in answer to my prayers - Thank you Lord). [​IMG]

Over the long haul, I think that is the way to go. I, too, got 1000 free visitors one time. Turned out to be a complete waste - I was thankful I hadn't paid for them.

manowar - don't know about the ones you've mentioned, so that may be something else again. Perhaps someone else has tried them and can comment?
  14. manowar

manowar New Member

Quoting: happywife
    manowar - don't know about the ones you've mentioned, so that may be something else again. Perhaps someone else has tried them and can comment?

Thanks, Happywife. The reason I mentioned webhitsdirect is because unlike others who promise to 'send' targeted traffic, these people actually post a full page ad on various websites. that sounds more genuine than other programs, where any automated bots can bring traffic. Plus, their testimonials are from people who own websites. And so far, on the net, I haven't found any negative reviews of them,

Maybe, you should try and let us know how it goes.[​IMG]
  15. happywife

happywife Gold Member

[​IMG] You sly thing - trying to get me talked into it! No seriously, of course, I would love more traffic, who wouldn't? But I still prefer the natural traffic from the search engines.

The one time I used the "free" visitors someone gave me from one of those traffic sites, it threw me off my stride. Not literally, [​IMG] but it made my traffic stats "false" so it appeared I had more "growth" that month than I realistically did. Apart from that weird month, my traffic has gradually gone up each month as my individual page ranks have improved and I have built more content.

This month I am getting between 350-450 visitors a day to my chocolate site and I don't want to "skew" my numbers by trying something different. You'll have to get a different guinea pig. [​IMG]

Anyone else game to give it a try?
  16. RecruitingChamp

RecruitingChamp New Member

I've had little luck with these lists. I am focusing more on targeted traffic and local advertising.
  17. suresh

suresh New Member

Quoting: RecruitingChamp
    I've had little luck with these lists. I am focusing more on targeted traffic and local advertising.

Social Networking could be a good thing, like myspace etc. On social networking sites, we can make friends based on common ideas and interests-in our case, home business-so naturally, as trust blossoms, these friends count on you for your valuable input regarding making money online. This is when you help....and are helped in return. I've found this very effective, not exactly traditional marketing, but effective just the same.
  18. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

My personal experience with paid website visitors is very bad.
    I paid for this service, hoping i will get more traffic to my website.
    The company just send the visitors to my website. I am not sure that there are real visitors. As i don't have any tracking for my website.

I have learnt my lesson. Do some research before throwing money into it.
  19. seeyalater72

seeyalater72 New Member

I pretty much agree with everyone else. You'll receive many hits but no signups for your business. Not quite sure what they do to get hits to your site but conversion rates are practically non-existent.
  20. westfam11

westfam11 Member

The solo ads I use you get a fair amount of e-mails from each (10-15) per day, but I have a separate e-mail just for that so it is manageable.

Becky