Anyone Enjoying Good Traffic From Craigslist?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by residualcash, Dec 21, 2009.

1. residualcash

residualcash New Member

Checking to see who is marketing on craigslist and getting results and what if any tips can be shared on posting.

Are there any other seriously viable classified sites that produce quality traffic comparable to craigslist?
  2. anthony2313

anthony2313 New Member

There are people out there that are getting good traffic from

craiglist but you will need to use an autoposter or pay someone

who knows what there doing to post ads for you.

But you can check out others classified ad sites like Kijiji, Ebay,

Backpage, Gumtree they don't have so many strict rules
  3. PavelBecker

PavelBecker New Member

Classified ad publishers are underrated. CraigsList, BackPage and others have a high Page Rank, therefore by promoting products on classified ad sites one should expect not only to take advantage of the traffic from those websites, but also to take advantage of the traffic from the first page of Google.

I posted some info on CraigsList on this forum here: Anybody have advice on Craigslist or Kijiji?
    Hope it helps.
  4. quatrostream

quatrostream New Member

But as an additional source of traffic classifieds rocks it's for sure[​IMG]
  5. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

To go along with what PavelBecker stated, it is good to consider trying to use ideal search engine keywords in your subject heading.

I've seen CL ads in just general searches that are not directly related to my area of location.

A collage of advertising tends to work best in marketing your home business for success and cash flow.
  6. elle14

elle14 New Member

I guess classified are just good in promoting your products locally [​IMG]
  7. anthony2313

anthony2313 New Member

Remember classified ad posting is a numbers game

The more ads you post the more leads you will get

and you will end up with more sales.
  8. pbwsfi

pbwsfi New Member

The ads that I have posted on Craigslist to date tend to get some response but no sales. Commonly I find others will see your ad if it's related to some kind of home business/make money online niche and will respond to the ad with their own offer. Don't be discouraged though. Free classified ads, when correctly placed and written with eye-catching headlines, will bring you some leads.
  9. netdollar

netdollar New Member

Very good traffic exists from craigslist good you asked for the details
    I am sure you will appreciate it once u get the feel of it and most important part is your title of the ad should be more attractive and thats it you will get hungry hoardes of traffic for free its true and u can get targeted traffic too.. nowadays even seo companies are banking on craigslist thats right .. and you can understand the true potential ..
  10. vinnymatrix

vinnymatrix Guest

Yes craigslist is good. You need to be careful though. Too many posts and craigslist will read you as a spammer and will suspend your account. I post 2 ads a day. I did this and got pretty good traffic to my business opportunity. I received 224 new referrals in one month and also made a $100 bonus on a systems leaderboard.
  11. neonguy528

neonguy528 New Member

Open a free ecommerce store at ecrater.com. They will notify you when you make a sale, and people can pay you through paypal. All free.
  12. neonguy528

neonguy528 New Member

Bottom line craigslist is famous for having lots of cheapskates. Oh sure I have sold some things really fast. But any exposure is good exposure. Everyone should use craigslist and other free places. Check out eCrater. That's free too.
  13. therrin4b

therrin4b New Member

I admit I posted to CL one day. However, on that same day I posted one ad for my site and I also posted "for sale" a small fridge, and 2 fish tanks. I couldn't believe I got marketing responses from the FRIDGE and not response from the site ad.[​IMG] [​IMG] Go figure!!

But I don't give up, so I will try again and I am also going to list on kijiji since I have heard good things about them!!
  14. tandre

tandre New Member

US Free Ads is another choice for free ads
  15. GBGSuccessGroup

GBGSuccessGroup New Member

I used to do Craigslist but kept getting spammed...Also the leads are curiousity seekers..non targeted
  16. Marktech

Marktech Member

I have looked into Craig's List marketing but there seems to be so many hoops - getting around the posting limit, having to use software, multiple accounts and/or proxies to multi-post, getting your ads flagged or "ghosted"...

I know there's a lot of people making money posting on Craig's List but its a little more black hat than I like.
  17. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

It seems to me that this way of advertising is a great way to get some free traffic and is working for a good amount of people. I have never used it myself and it would not hurt to test the water.
  18. MarketLifelines

MarketLifelines New Member

residualcash
    The way to make get traffic through Craiglist is to post as many ads as possible in different cities. I have done craiglist posting for years and now know what to do and not to do to avoid your ads being flagged.

Craiglist's is a very strict service. You have to know how to go around it to get many ads on it and for these ads to stick. The key lies in having a proxy server, several phone verified accounts and you are done. Nothing is impossible. With $100 you can start off quite well.

The power of craiglist lies in its localization. When people feel that they are dealing with one of their own they are likely to do business with you. And furthermore, with it search engines are likely to drive organic drive your way quite fast.
  19. carterstory

carterstory New Member

If you are going to use craigslist you need to use some grey-hat techniques as mentioned above. They really dont' like HBB ad's, mainly because of the scammers that are always selling "data entry" jobs where you pay 5 bucks, to learn to tell people to pay 5 bucks to teach them to tell people to pay 5 bucks. (you get it)
    you need to have a few accts, and put up ads in larger metro areas, you can do this with either using odesk, or fiiverr, or even amazon mechanical turk. And you risk your ads being taken down by CL, in a short period of time after you have paid someone to put it up there.