Anyone Enjoying Good Traffic From Craigslist?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by residualcash, Dec 21, 2009.

1. greensuccess

greensuccess New Member

Ya I was using Craigslist till they kicked me off for cross-posting in multiple cities! Watch out for that. One ad at a time now [​IMG] And yes I am starting to do other free classified site online but wasnt sure if they really worked or not. I guess your right it's a numbers game! Has anyone tried classified ad submitters? Just wondering if they really worked or not?
  2. samda

samda Member

I personally do not post on craiglist, but I have heard many guys are on top of this. You might wanna try this.
  3. neonguy528

neonguy528 New Member

I always keep my ads on CL and backpage. Smart people use every venue to keep their name out front and center. Never say never.
  4. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Classified ad submitters are not worth it. Just stick to popular classified ads sites like CL, Backpage, USA Free Ads, Oodle.
  5. tmoney

tmoney New Member

Craiglist produces good results for free classified ads. You have to continue to work it and stay within the guidelines of Craiglist. I have use many free classified sites. Here are a couple that have given me good results:

1. Salespider
    2. E Page
    3. Ablewise

You can google the names for their web addresses.

Good luck!
  6. Shanec

Shanec New Member

Posting on craigslist is a good way to build your list but in my experience not a great way to get direct sales. I have also found that using an image that is linked to my webpage is much better at attracting traffic than just using text.
  7. desktop

desktop New Member

I have to agree with Shane. I made a listing for my freelance business and it hasn't produced anything. I also used an image linked to my site and worked in some HTML formatting to make it look professional. I don't know if this makes any difference or not, but to me it seemed a good idea at the time.
  8. hunysukle

hunysukle New Member

Craigskist is terrible for posting ads. People will flag you for no reason and then Craigslist will ban your account. I don't recommend it.
  9. ReportKing

ReportKing New Member

Unfortunately, Craigslist has become difficult lately due to all of my ads getting "ghosted". It's really annoying, because the ad appears in the proper category, yet it isn't really there. Strange, and confusing. Not sure how to get around it.
  10. Jose Roman

Jose Roman New Member

craigslist is great! it saved my business when we had nothing coming in!, i stopped advertising there (once business picked up) only because the jobs my company landed were smaller than we liked, but its definitely a place to market anything! it works from all aspects, get someone to write you a script for autoposting which followss the rules of course!
  11. kailo

kailo New Member

I do not like responses from Craigslist. Most of them are Nigerian scams or other types of scams one way or another. Most people are also not serious even when they do reply.
  12. skydancer

skydancer Member

I use craigslist sometimes as it is free. But llike anything else out there "you get what you pay for" that old saying is still true today.

If you follow their rules and try not to spend a lot of time trying to circumvent the policies., you might meek out out a couple of leads here and there.

You will eventually try and come up with new ways to market. Some for free others not so free.

Be careful though there is always someone who will work hard just to get to your wallet.