Anyone found new people through myspace?

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by Judy, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Judy New Member

Just wondering about how useful this free tool is in marketing my Coastal business. I find that once I get onto myspace I almost get lost in it and find myself losing hours of time learning about things that are not that useful to my business.
    I also have no idea how to add backgrounds and music and links and pictures and everything to make myspace info catch the eye.

I looked up Coastal and found hundreds of links but wondering if people will really take the time to figure out which person they would most want to work with through this avenue.

Also, what is the easiest way to let people know in myspace about your business and website.

Thanks for any info and hope all you dads had a great Father's Day!

Judy
  2. luvtravel New Member

I think that myspace for getting new clients is way overrated!

I have been on myspace for a very long time and never got one customer
    www dot myspace dot com/luv2organize

I read great marketing ideas to promote a biz on myspace, I implemented them all and still nothing.

Just Google myspace templates and you will find tons of beautiful templates.

Terri
  3. Judy New Member

Hi Terri,
    O.K. I just went to your myspace address and I didn't know I was talking to a 99 yr old! (haha). Where are your travel pictures? What do you look like? Maybe that would help. Also, although I like your scenery in the background I found it very hard to read some of the stuff on your site because of it. Is there a way to fade the background so that the writing is more prominent?

Just suggestions. Thanks for giving me the info on how to make mine look nicer. Let me know if you ever do get any business from it.
    BTW, you being with the call centre -how did you make your first two sales to get your release? (if you don't mind divulging).

You can see my picture at myspace / judysunshine (but not much else yet)

-Judy
  4. PT Dude New Member

A little advice for both of you on your profiles. Add personal pics of you and your families. I know it may be weird letting total strangers look at you and your family at first but if you did have someone interested in the product most likely they would google it and research from there because they have no real connection with you.

Its ok to sell and market on myspace Terri has some good blogs but dont let that be all your page is about let it be a bit of an extension of yourself. There are many bands and artists successfully marketing their songs and art on myspace simply because they put the product out there and some interact and care for the fans. Take it from that angle remember this goes in ALL phases of life not just Coastal. People dont care how much you know till they know how much you care.
  5. goldmills New Member

You have to use automated software to get friend requests and make sure you are tooled up with some heavy tools to maximize the myspace market.

It is not enough to just make a page.

There is a whole system to it. My friend Dennis K, has an audio post in the WCYS website on how to dominate myspace which he did for the WCYS team.

Jeff
  6. luvtravel New Member

Quoting: JudyI just went to your myspace address and I didn't know I was talking to a 99 yr old! (haha

Yes but a young 99 yr old [IMG]

Thanks all for the critique, prior to this template I had a beautiful beach scene, guess I better go back to my original template, but this one was so pretty .

Jeff, I was on Dennis call and webinar and have listened to it again in the B/O wish his videos weren't $2,000
    Terri
  7. luvtravel New Member

Judy, originally my husband got into Coastal and I ignored it for a while as I was promoting a travel agency at the time. But as I recall he had help from his Director by buying and working leads with the Director than it appeared after the Director got the 2 sales he flaked out on Dan. (long story)

Terri
  8. jnapier New Member

As Jeff mentioned there are some tricks to working with MySpace to market your business. I have worked with Dennis K and can tell you there is an art to it. I've had a few sales, but nothing worth putting alot of energy into.

I've found it's FULL of people spamming each other, but it is a fun place for family and friends.

Jay NaPier
    Level 3 Director/ Master Trainer
    Coastal Vacations
  9. ibizniz New Member

Hiya Terri

didn't you purchase Micheal Cheney's videos? He has a lot of information on myspace and how to capture traffic using it. Actually I really recommend his video tutorials.

I have seen the basic Dennis K's videos, but I think Michael's are better and about $1900 cheaper [IMG]

As with all the web 2.0 methods, choose about 4-5 of them and if you do something to promote your website at least every couple of days (even blogging like this counts) you will get up in the top 20 listings on google quickly.

cheers
    maria porter
  10. luvtravel New Member

Thanks Maria,
    No I didn't know Michael Cheney offered Myspace marketing.

I will look into it.

Terri
  11. ibizniz New Member

hiya Terri

yes the myspace videos and audios are on the gold upgrade.

cheers
    maria
  12. Judy

A little while back Aviva started putting together her MY Space page.
    She had the same problem as you spending a ton of time in front of the computer learning how to put it all together.But I must say she finally got it and made a beautiful site. People are visiting daily and the numbers increase as we go. I hadnt thought that we wer seeing alot of result untill I looked at the tracking on one of my capture pages I have on the net. It seems about 25 people have become leads through her myspace page in the last month. Woohoo....Ive emailed you the link to her site through your contact here. I know Aviva would be able to answer many of the questions you have about getting it set up. Feel free to drop us a line if you need any help

Sean

Aviva & Sean
    Level 3 Directors/ FTV Distributors
  13. Judy New Member

Thanks so much guys,
    I browsed through it and I can see it did take a lot of time but I'll contact you later through your page as it is great for ideas.

Judy
  14. sashawk New Member

My space presents 10-15 separate avenues for getting your program found. This is why, as mentioned, it is so easy to get "lost" and not get anything accomplished.

Start by using Friend Blaster Pro to generate a sizable friend list, whereupon, using billboards and forums to get yourself heard is an easy and profitable start.

You can really target your audience by taking advantage of the MySpace groups as well.

Like I said there more than 10 profitable ways to get targeted exposure. Many people have employed all of them and are making thousands each month promoting other peoples products/services on MySpace.

Sasha