Anyone heard about Online Business Alliance

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by formvals, Jan 8, 2008.

1. formvals New Member

[IMG]Just came accross this one, looks
    good, but who knows for sure, Look forward
    to your post on this. Thanks [IMG]
  2. makemoneyonline New Member

sorry, dunno. I'll check it out.
  3. loriquil New Member

I did sign up for it and yes it does seem legit but I did not have the time to commit to it and still do my current at home business.
  4. brazilfarmer New Member

Any of you that joined OBA - did you just buy the ebook for $5 or did you buy the advertising package for $30?
  5. myincomesuccess New Member

I am a member of Online Business Alliance. I signed up under a lady that holds her own training calls on Saturday. She is a web 2.0 guru and I have learned so much from her. I have also educated myself through other programs and I make sales with OBA through video marketing and social networking sites.

I get multiple $5 payments as well as $20 payments from my sign ups. This is probably the best income opportunity for anyone getting into internet marketing for the first time and wants to experiment at a low cost investment.

You will get an entire turn-key and marketing system for only $5. I know this is really hard for people to believe but it is true.

If you sign up, you will not go wrong with your purchase. Send me a private message if you want to learn more about it. I will be your mentor and you will be shown exactly what to do.

Wishing everyone much success
  6. TJamMoneyMan Active Member

Just joined a few days ago!

I can't imagine going wrong with this.
    You only pay $5!
    Even the $30 option is a 'one time payment only' deal!

I WAS selling a "$5" plan called 5byMillions.
    Basically some E-b.s. that the buyer turns around and sells for themselves.

Not bad in that it did get me quite a few sales - this with little to NO effort on my part. Just a bit of Auto surfing, and safelist ads.
    I did this for about a week, and got several sales over a period of about 8 weeks after that.
    I was unable to promote this after the first week of effort though because my computer crashed on me.

In any event, 5byMillions could only generate $5 payouts at best.
    AND,
    it eventually deteriorated into requiring the buyer to also purchase web hosting for a minimum of $3 per month.
    ALSO, one has to actually BUILD the 5byMillions website for you - unless you can do the deed yourself.
    This alone caused some consternation among buyers - and I can hardly blame them!

It didn't start out that way.
    At the beginning you could use any hosting service at your disposal.
    That meant the entire plan could be had for no more than $5 total cost - you just had to have your own web building and hosting plan.

Since I had advertised it as a '$5 Total Cost' plan, I started to have reservations.
    PLUS, who wants to have to pay even $3 a month, unless there are enough sales to justify it?
    I could have probably pushed the promotional efforts more but, well, who wants to be paying $3 a month unless...?
    PLUS, I want to be able to tell someone that $5 is indeed the TOTAL COST!

People seem willing to make a $5 purchase pretty readily.

I like the fact that OBA is indeed $5 TOTAL COST!

I haven't done promotions yet but I can only imagine, if people are willing to buy 5byMillions, which can only get you $5 sales at BEST, AND it requires $3 a month or more (I was paying $6/mo. for hosting), then buying into OBA should be a NO BRAINER.

ESPECIALLY, since you pay NOTHING ELSE!
    The website is BUILT, and HOSTED.
    All you have to do is promote it!

AND there is the $30 option which can apparently generate LOTS of $20 payouts.
    There is also the $12 per month advertising option that looks promising, but not essential.
    (It's $24/month, with a 6 month pre-pay option that gets you an entire year when you pay 6 months in advance - which comes out to $12 per month of course.)

These two options look VERY promising, but you can just go with the $5 plan until you get sales.
    That's what I did but.
    But, the first $30 I come across will definitely go into buying the ad space option!

Right now, for me the bottom line is this:
    If folx will purchase 5byMillions, they would HAVE to be willing to buy into OBA.
    It's a MUCH better plan!
  7. malibumentor New Member

Yeah, its alright.

I just plugged it into my sig-line in a few places and I was
    making sales pretty fast.

Its not a bad value for the information they include and the
    back-office and system are well thought out... especially
    the Aweber affiliate integration.

To be honest, there isn't any "REAL" money to be made with
    this program. I have always made the most money with
    bigger-ticket sales in this business.

OBA is a list-builder that pays a little - thats all. I did upgrade
    to the 1-up advertising thing... not a bad idea.

OBA is an "impulse buy" sort of thing. The "Stop Being A Victim"
    ebook can save people a lot of money and grief... its really
    a great value.
  8. TJamMoneyMan Active Member

malibumentor: Yeah, its alright.
    I just plugged it into my sig-line in a few places and I was
    making sales pretty fast.
    Its not a bad value for the information they include and the
    back-office and system are well thought out... especially
    the Aweber affiliate integration.
    To be honest, there isn't any "REAL" money to be made with
    this program. I have always made the most money with
    bigger-ticket sales in this business.

I don't know the whole story because I just started with OBA.
    From the tone of your post though, it doesn't seem as though you didn't do very much to promote OBA.
    It doesn't seem like you had much of an advertisement campaign going on either.
    Just my observations.

And, your 'bigger-ticket' plan costs $4,000!!!

Who can afford that?

If you can, you are already making money pretty well online or offline.

OBA seems infinitely more affordable.
    They have low cost options and higher payout options as well.

The website automatically converts, and can generate sales on all the various payout levels OBA has to offer.

That seems like a more practical starting point than trying to sell someone on a $4000 deal. Especially when one is new to the online biz concept.
  9. kehk05 New Member

How much can be made with OBA with the basic $5 plan?
  10. TJamMoneyMan Active Member

kehk05: How much can be made with OBA with the basic $5 plan?

Wish I could tell you kehko5.
    OBA has a very supportive forum.
    I will put that question out there and see what happens.

So many 'plans' have a low cost entry deal.
    And of course, they will want to get you in on a higher cost plan asap.

I don't think that's a bad thing, as long as the low-cost option really works.

Still, I don't know of anyone serious about making money, who wouldn't choose to upgrade if it doesn't cost much, like at OBA.

I mean if you are really trying to see 'how much can be made' you would probably want to get beyond the $5 payment level right away.

But, if you are experimenting that's another story!

Maybe I can get an answer for you on this.

Maybe not!

good luck either way, with whatever you do!
    tjmm
  11. kehk05 New Member

Basically, you can't lose money with the $5 plan, and possibly make a small chunk of cash just on that plan alone? And is the $30 upgrade fee really just a one-time deal? There's no other investments after that or are there more upgrades and/or products to purchase?
  12. TJamMoneyMan Active Member

There are no other costs.

Even the $5 plan has no other obligation.
    And the $5 plan of course is not just a plan.
    It is a PRODUCT with the OBA business as an option.
    You can take the OBA product you purchased and be done with it.
    OR, you can work the OBA business option.

There are really some good products too.
    I noticed a web recorder that you can use on any website to add any audio of your own choosing. There is music available to use as a background if you want.
    I believe there are also pre-recorded voice tracks if you don't want to talk yourself - but don't quote me on this.

As for me, a musician, I use a Macintosh computer.
    The voice recorder - IMPACT WEB AUDIO, only runs on windows.
    For that reason, I don't know much about it.

I don't know how much you value ebooks, but there are a ton available for sale at OBA.
    You can choose to sell whatever product you like.
    There are a LOT of ebooks you can choose to sell as your $5 web offer.
    Each one sells at the OBA price of $5.
    I am told they sell for $25 normally.

I am kind of impressed with IMPACT WEB AUDIO and I could use that as my $5 offer if I want to but, being a MAC user, I can't offer much in the way of personal reference, so I'll be avoiding that one for now.

Being new to OBA a lot of this is new to me as well.

One good thing about OBA is their forum which answers questions QUICKLY 24/7.

I got an answer to your question about how much you can earn at the $5 level but it wasn't specific enough for me to foward it to you - basically they stated the obvious - it's up to you!

I resubmitted the Q emphasizing a response from someone who ONLY used the $5 option, and what kind of money he made.
    I'll foward that answer to you when it comes in.

Of course, it truly is up to you. No one can say how well you will do.
    And personal results are invaluable but, I can tell you, most folks serious about earning money will upgrade to the ONE TIME COST of leasing ad space #1. So it might be a little difficult to find someone who only operates at the $5 level.

I am about to ask some forum questions myself, like how much money folks are making at the upgrade level of leasing ad space #1, after an extended period of time.

That said, there are other ways of earning more with OBA but not at all mandatory, and most folks will just go with the leasing of ad space #1.

No, there is no ad space #2 that you have to mull over - yet!

But to be honest, you can lease as many ad space #1's as you like.
    Each one, being an ad space, also offers a program you can buy into and sell, on that same ad space.

Basically, you can put a lot of money into OBA, and set yourself up for higher payouts, or just go with the $5 option.

I and most sane folx seem to go with the $5 plan, plus the leasing of ad space #1.

The forum at OBA is tremedously helpful, and will generally answer your questions in MINUTES, 24/7. There are advanced members there to help you, as well as the site admin.

You can also join their VIP plan - only $12 BUT it has certain requirements that make it not right for everyone.
    They will work with you hand in hand, and they have a plan to guarantee you a certain number of sign ups, BUT, you have to follow some very reasonable rules - like not promoting anything else other than OBA.
    That's the only weighty matter but, anyone will tell you that the best way to earn money online is to STICK WITH ONE PROGRAM!
    Until you get the results you seek anyway.

Other than that, with the VIP option, they just ask you to dedicate yourself working a little harder, and helping the members.

Not for everyone but, I am seriously considering it.
    BUT, you aren't even eligible for the VIP plan until you have been a member of OBA for 30 days or more.

I know I have put some loooonnnng posts out there, and I am sorry to have to put all THESE words before you, but I think this is covers all the bases as far as how much money can be made and spent with OBA.

You can truly stick with the $5 option, and spend nothing else, until you are ready, and earning.

That's my plan (plus the leasing of ad space #1).

Of course, you will have to advertise which will be another expense of time &/or money but again, that's up to you!
  13. TJamMoneyMan Active Member

The $30 'fee' is actually a $10 fee, plus the $20 cost of leasing ad space #1. The $20 goes to whoever holds the current lease - which will be YOU if you lease ad space #1.

This generates $20 payouts for you, in addition to the $5 payouts.

WHEW!!
  14. malibumentor New Member

I wouldn't want to lead people to believe that this has
    more potential than it does. When you are selling something
    for $5 with paid advertising its often difficult to break even,
    so this falls into what I call the "GDI trap" - the commissions
    are small and that pretty much rules out anything but
    free advertising.

Actually TJ, plenty of people can afford a $4k program, and
    I have lower-commitment options as well. How much $ people
    invest is, and should be, largely a matter of market positioning.

Businesses that want to reap large harvests with less investment in advertising invest in upper-end positioning.

This holds true throughout the internet marketing industry. Most
    of the serious players roll out a $1k Plus Info-product as soon
    as they have the market influence to do so.

Inexpensive, entry-level products like OBA have some virtues
    though, because they open the door to a relationship with
    a new customer who may be too timid to come in with a more
    costly purchase.

Here's the rub though -

The people who buy the $4k product aren't the same ones who
    buy the OBA product. Seriously. Lots of people won't even take
    a serious look at something that costs under a $1000 to get started. Its weird that people think this way but they do. People
    equate price with quality and many people want quality and are
    willing to pay for it.

When you aren't in a position to offer a bigger-ticket opportunity
    those prospects will go elsewhere and you'll miss out on the profits,
    and often further selling opportunities as well.

Here's an illustration: This past week I spoke with a lady who
    absolutely wanted nothing to do with AmWay - and her
    impressions of that company carried over to other mult-level
    programs. She wanted that wasn't MLM. If all I had to offer
    was MLM opportunity she would have moved on - she was looking
    for a straightforward, lucrative program with large payouts.

Its goes the same way for smaller-ticket things two - Sometimes
    people will be attracted to the Big Profits of direct selling programs
    like Jaguar-MS but they aren't in a position to get started and they
    ask me about lower-priced options.

I'm all for OBA - but there's not much money in it. Dave Gray's
    (the founder of OBA) instructions that you should focus on OBA
    only are ridiculous - I understand his motives, but the truth is
    that if you want to reap big profits the OBA business model is
    not the ticket - It just requires too many customers to see
    a lot of cash-flow.

Still - I recommned it and the Ebooks are really quite informative
    and if people read them they will save a lot of money by not getting
    involved in scams.
  15. TJamMoneyMan Active Member

Those are some good points that I'll be keeping in mind.

I simply can NOT afford a $4k program, no matter what the payoff.
    Same for a $1k program.
    It pretty much keeps going down hill from there until you get under $100.

However many people can afford to kick out $4k, there's gotta be more people willing to pay a lesser amount!

I do notice the problem you mentioned with the cost of advertising v. smaller payouts though.
    And there are higher payout options within OBA as you are aware.
    I'll just have to see what I can do with my budget of time and money.

In my particular situation, I really don't need to be making a great deal of money for an online biz to payoff for me.
    High payouts are just not a necessity - especially if I can't afford to generate them in the first place!
    I'll just be looking to see if this pays off well for me, at the level I need it to.

Still,
    it's good to hear a well thought out opposing viewpoint!
    I will definitely be keeping some of this in mind as I work with OBA.

thanx,
    tjmm
  16. TJamMoneyMan Active Member

malibumentor: Actually TJ, plenty of people can afford a $4k program, and
    I have lower-commitment options as well. How much $ people
    invest is, and should be, largely a matter of market positioning

I'd like to know more about those 'lower-commitment' options.

And, how much $ people invest is also largely a matter of how much $ they have to invest in the first place!
  17. TJamMoneyMan Active Member

malibumentor: Dave Gray's
    (the founder of OBA) instructions that you should focus on OBA
    only are ridiculous

I was kinda wondering about that!
  18. JenniferF New Member

Just a bit of history on OBA. Originally it was called IGAM - I give away money. I was in that program. It was an aussie 2up, paying and passing up the first two actual 'paid' members ($25 each) to the one above you. Several weeks after my being in the the program, IGAM went down. When they came back up, they had a new name OBA and an initial product... the ebook plus the sales of advertising. I believe, if memory serves me... this was around end of 2006, beginning of 2007.

As has been stated numerous times- some programs work well for some, but not all work for the masses. You have to find what works for you. Just thought I would share some history having been there.
  19. TJamMoneyMan Active Member

JenniferF: Just a bit of history on OBA. Originally it was called IGAM - I give away money.

Interesting!
    Funny how it comes in at just about the same price - $25!
    {anyone serious about making OBA money would no doubt lease ad space #1 for the $30 cost, and multiple (hopefully!!) $20 payouts.}

I wonder what the story is on that changeover?!!
    Perhaps I need to google OBA a bit!

I'll be looking into how OBA actually works.
    I've gotten a couple of sales from my meager marketing efforts so far.

I've rented my first ad space - giving my first customer to my sponsor.
    Now I am supposed to get paid directly for each ad space, customer I get.

Ad space rental or not, I get the pittance $5 payout from any conversion at all - hopefully those will accumulate.

Whatever the outcome, I don't plan to do a mountain of work, just for $5 payouts but, I have seen that people WILL make a $5 purchase fairly readily.

I was selling products of faaar less value for $5 and $6, and getting quite a few sales - with little to NO effort.
    But you could never get more than $5 or $6 from those plans.

OBA, is definitely a better deal for only $5.
    And there are $20 and $30 payouts to be had as well!

This COULDN'T do any worse!
  20. TJamMoneyMan Active Member

JenniferF: Several weeks after my being in the the program, IGAM went down. When they came back up, they had a new name OBA and an initial product... the ebook plus the sales of advertising. I believe, if memory serves me... this was around end of 2006, beginning of 2007.

I did notice mention of IGAM in the OBA forum.
    There seem to be a number of previously IGAM members in OBA.

Did they do you right in the changeover?