Anyone Heard of Kent Sayre?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Mocha007, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Mocha007

Mocha007 New Member

He has a company called Unstoppable Marketing out of Portland, OR.

They are many work at home opportunities that he advertises and

they are pretty costly, usually around $900.00 but he says you can

make very good money.
  2. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Mocha,

I'm not familiar with Kent Sayre personally, but whenever I hear of an unfamiliar person or program I do a bit of "googling" to see if there is much negative feedback on them. You can check places like the Better Business Bureau, ripoffreport.com and scam.com, etc. Of course, people can complain about anything whether it is legit or not, but if you can't find anyone saying that they really are making money (apart from testimonials on the main website), it's not a very good sign.

Incidentally, I did a quick check for you and the BBB has given him an F rating (the worst you can get!).

Also, you need to remember at all times that if something or someone is promising that you're going to make a decent amount of money for little or no work they are definitely lying. We all want to make money easily, but that's pie in the sky thinking. It takes a lot of real effort and you have to be willing to do the work upfront and reap the rewards afterward just like any business offline. ;)

Although his website is claiming that he has such a great success rate, etc., etc., his own site has no ranking whatsoever and it all smells off to me. I would definitely caution you away for throwing your money away on something like that. If you have money to invest in a business, invest in something that is proven and has genuine users that you can talk to and get feedback from. There are definitely good opportunities, you just need to choose wisely.

Blessings,
    Angie
    payment proof likes this.
  3. Stephanie M

Stephanie M New Member

Great points you've made Angie! You definitely can't go by just what one site says about an opportunity and I've also found that when one site is advertising a number of different money-making opportunities they are likely more interested in the affiliate commission they are making as opposed to sharing an opportunity they truly believe will be beneficial for their visitors. Although I promote other people's products, they are all products I have either bought myself or products that I have thoroughly researched for reviews and comments online.

You'll probably find some negative comments about most popular programs and products as some people still seem to be looking for the get-rich-quick, without-much-work option and that is not the way to create a stable and satisfying business from home (or anywhere).

The great thing about building a business on the internet is the low cost or no cost to get started as compared to the offline opportunities. You still have a learning curve and need to put in some time to get yourself established in whatever business avenue your choose. I'm going to reiterate Angie's statement that "there are definitely good opportunities, you just need to choose wisely"
  4. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Excellent research and digging Angie.

Mocha007: If you are just starting out to make money online, you may want to start with free opportunities first and get some experience under your belt. $900.00 is a lot of money just to start (in my opinion).
  5. Good job there (Sherlock Holmes) Angie.. :)

I agree with payment proof, $900 is a lot of money and you do not want to waste your hard earned money to just anything. Start slowly but surely... Focus and work smart!
  6. Brian Hammer

Brian Hammer New Member

Sites which demands money are nothing but scams mostly. Do not waste your hard earned money. Once you pay them then they are not going to respond properly. Beware!!!
  7. happywife

happywife Gold Member

I have to disagree with that generalization, Brian. There are certainly companies that offer products and services and expect to be paid in return. That's natural and nothing wrong with that - online or offline.

If you want to start a legitimate online business that's going to be a success, you should expect to put both time and money into it. Yes, there is a lot you can learn online for free, and even some free services that you can take advantage of, but that will only get you so far.

There is ONE part of your post I can heartily agree with, and that's the "Beware!" :) It is important to choose wisely. Ask around (like Mocha has done) and see if you can find people who are happy clients/customers, or the opposite, before you spend your money. If they have a money back guarantee, even better! ;)

Blessings,
    Angie
  8. Brian Hammer

Brian Hammer New Member

Sorry happywife, but I do not agree with you completely. What I meant by that is most sites are scams - and this does not mean all. Say if you look out for such sites and find 10 sites, many of them would be scams. Very meticulously you will have to decide which one to go with.
    If you go to any supermarket you can buy things blindly and it will be highly unlikely that you will get some items dodgy. But in this case (legitimate sites), the thing is other way around.
  9. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

If the $900 investment goes towards a network marketing opportunity and there is a product behind it, then I would go for it.

First do some research on the person, the product, and then the company. To do this, you just need to go to Google and see what others are saying.

Hope this helps.

By the way, I never heard anything about this person or the company.