Anyone heard of Site Build It (SBI) by Ken Evoy?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by robertlaf, May 28, 2007.

1. klrrider

klrrider New Member

Thank You for the quick reply Angie, you have been very helpful with all you post!

Bob
  2. happywife

happywife Gold Member

jaynen: When I invest in my website, i want it to be a professional, high-quality website with a flash experience, even if it's still a fairly simple site. Is it possible to have a site professionally designed and use it in conjunction with the SBI system?

Even if you don't want to design it yourself, you can pay someone to design the site template/layout for you and upload it into SBI. If you are wanting particular advanced features, you WILL have to learn how to upload your own html in order to use them rather than use the blockbuilder.

Either way, it is highly recommended that you start out with the blockbuilder if you have no web building experience. The reason for this is because it 'trains' you to build each page properly so that you will be found for that particular keyword/phrase in the search engines and generate free targeted traffic.

No matter how flashy you get, you won't get free targeted traffic/visitors if you don't get the basic building blocks right.

A lot of people start out with the blockbuilder and then 'graduate' to uploading their own html because the want a different look and feel to their site or advanced functionality. It's probably the wisest way to go, particularly if you don't have SEO experience.

As far as examples go of SBI sites that have a high-quality look, going beyond the basic blockbuilder, here are a few I can think of.

windows-vista-update.com
    thehiphopworld.com
    debtsteps.com
    vegetable-garden-guide.com
    givingbirthnaturally.com

I think anyone would be pleased to own sites like these. But again, the advanced look isn't actually necessary for success. There are plenty of simple block built sites that rank extremely well in the search engines (in the top 1%) and hog the traffic for their niche. [​IMG]

Hope that answers your questions. I'll send you that other link you wanted via private message.

Blessings,
    Angie
  3. jaynen

jaynen New Member

Thanks Angie,

That's exactly what I wanted to know. I totally understand that the content is far more important than the look, but I want combine the two to maximize my results. I'm sure every industry, business, target audience is different and for my particular situation I want my site to be a triple-threat (content, experience, credibility).

Thanks again!
  4. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Happy to help! I look forward to seeing your site when you get it up and running.

All the best,
    Angie
  5. Armand

Armand New Member

SBI is definitely one of the best resources for learning how to set-up an online business, or building a high earning web site for your existing business.

The thing I love about SBI, is that it was made for both beginners and business people in mind. It gives you the necessary skills to build successful online businesses without having to pay web design companies thousands of dollars to build one for you.

Another aspect I like about SBI is that it is regularly updated, and their customer support is "second to none."
  6. soorya

soorya New Member

happywife: That's not to say you want a trashy looking site because you do want to KEEP your visitors once you get them, not run them off!

Does SBI give you the ability to build something like this one:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/

I love the layout and the ability to upload high resolution photos and video.
  7. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

That is a cool site, soorya - did you build it?? If so, what did you use?
  8. happywife

happywife Gold Member

soorya: Does SBI give you the ability to build something like this one:

I don't see why not, as long as you wanted to upload your own coding. That type of design is a different layout than the standard templates SBI provides, but you aren't restricted to a standard layout.

I know you can upload photos and video, but if they are particular limitations you are concerned about, it would be best to ask Sitesell (SBI) directly. They have a link to email questions (and a phone number to ring if you'd rather speak to someone) at the bottom of the page.

If there is some feature specifically you want to be sure you can use, your best bet is to ask them directly.

Blessings,
    Angie
  9. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

soorya: Does SBI give you the ability to build something like this one:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/
    I love the layout and the ability to upload high resolution photos and video.

Hi Soorya,

By my estimation the width of the said site is approximately 970 pixels. In the recent past, SBI has stated a max width that was quite a bit less than the aforementioned width.

I hope they have made an allowance in the mean time but I don't know what the current status is on width. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they have and for everyone's sake I hope so.

Furthermore, that site is one of the top sites on the net and it also has a very sophisticated functionality.

HappyWife has rightly suggested that you inquire directly with SBI and I concur - it's the only way to find out about their current support of layout and capability support.

As an aside, unless you or an associate have advanced technical skills, you won't have to worry about that sort of thing. Huffington is an advanced site by anyone's measure. I seriously doubt you'd be able to match it technically for quite some time unless you are an I.T. wiz. So don't worry about that sort of capability.

SBI has the Newbie Shield stamp of approval. Rest assured that SBI is an excellent choice for you.

I'm not a member or an affiliate but I've had a good look under the hood and it's a great program that everyone can certainly trust. I approve of their program and I am confident that you'll be well-served. Talk to Angie.

~Newbie Shield~
  10. soorya

soorya New Member

Hi Happywife ,
    I'm evaluating SBI seriously and needed a few clarifications. 'm very impressed by your knowledge and commitment to its usefulness!

-Does the extra 100 dollars as part of the valentine's promo provide just an extra website or something else as well?

-Given that I 'm a relative newbie and have absolutely no idea about what niche to base the site on, will SBI guide me in choosing my niche as well?

-Also would you mind sharing how much you are making per month thru your Chocolate candy site.

I started with selling 'passport to wealth' and some affiliate marketing of clickbank products an year back but gave up after some time. Im keen to learn and build an online business the right way this time!

Look forward to your feedback.
    thanks.
  11. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Soorya,

SBI is a site building package that contains the training, tools, domain, and hosting for one site. So, when you take advantage of the Valentine special, you get a second full site building package for an extra $100.

This is for a second site for yourself (it has to be activated within 9 months of purchase) or as a gift for someone else. You can even go halves with someone else who may be interested in building an online business and each save $100.

Yes, SBI will take you through the whole brainstorming process so you can find a niche that suits you. Sometimes being a "clean slate" without a preconceived plan is a distinct advantage.

If you just follow their step by step Action Guide to a "T" you will no doubt do well.

As far as my income from my chocolate site is concerned, I usually make well over $500 per month from that one (December was well over $1000 because of Christmas).

Of course, I have a few different sites now, so I'm working on building the others up to that level and beyond. [​IMG]

If you commit yourself to a full year of building a site with SBI and follow their instructions (tuning out everything else) I can almost guarantee you won't have any regrets.

I was just commenting to my dear mother long distance this morning that I wish so much that I had learned about SBI and building an online business 10 years ago instead of 2 years ago.

Oh well, I guess the Lord led me in the right direction when the time was right.

I wish you all the very best if you decide to give it a shot.

Blessings,
    Angie
  12. JTMx29

JTMx29 New Member

I was thinking about getting into Site Build It since I have heard great things about it on this forum. I was wondering how it works. Does it work with multiple domains or just one? I am thinking about doing the monthly $30 dollar option. What happens if I use it for two months and then change my mind?

Thanks

Taylor
  13. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Taylor,

When you purchase SiteBuildIt (SBI), each package comes with one domain and everything else that goes along with it. If you want more than one domain, you have to purchase more packages.

I personally have 5 packages, because I am building 5 different websites with SBI. They have all been started at different times, of course. You only need one to get started and you may never go beyond that depending on your personal goals, etc.

If you purchase the monthly payment plan instead of the yearly plan and then change your mind after 2 months, you just cancel your account.

My personal suggestion is that if you aren't planning on giving it at least 6-12 months worth of effort to see how it works, you might as well not waste your time and money.

Building an online business (contrary to all the hype) is not a 'fast' process. It takes serious effort and long term commitment. SBI provides you with the tools and instructions to do it successfully, but you have to provide the 'labor.' [​IMG]

When I started, I purchased the one year package and committed myself to focusing on it for one full year to see if it really worked. I figured the $299 investment would be an education, if nothing else.

Well, as I said, I now have 5 sites (4 years later) and am a VERY happy camper. It is more than worth the effort.

Wishing you all the best to your success, whatever you decide.

Blessings,
    Angie
  14. JTMx29

JTMx29 New Member

Thanks for your advice! I will definitely look into joining SBI. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to get locked in.

Is there anyway I can check out their templates before purchasing?
  15. happywife

happywife Gold Member

No, you aren't "locked in" because you can cancel at any time. In fact, if you opted for the year package (to get the better price), you have 30 days to cancel and get a full refund, or cancel at any time during the year and get a pro-rated refund - so you really can't lose.

Hmmm. You really can't access the templates until you own the package, but I'll send you a PM with a link to a list of the "top ranked" SBI sites and you can browse through them to see what's available.

Keep in mind that although they have a large selection of simple templates, you can also customize your template to match your website niche theme. It's not too difficult. A lot of people do it. In fact, I started out with the general templates, but have since customized all of my sites, mainly by simply uploading a new header.

Okay, let me go find that link and I'll pop it off to you.
    Blessings,
    Angie
  16. happywife

happywife Gold Member

It IS a great deal for sure. More so since they've stopped the other specials throughout the year. Knowing "me" like I do, I'm going to be hard pressed to resist temptation of purchasing during this special. I'd be insane to do so, but I'm weak-willed in this area.

mountainmom5:
    Any ideas for a site for me?

Hmmm. Good question! If you don't have another really strong interest to follow, ask yourself if you have the will and self discipline to tackle a really tough niche that offers a large income potential and little personal appeal in the subject matter.

If the answer is yes, you may want to consider building a site around a higher paying adsense topic. It's a long slow slog to break into a market like that, but the dividends are worth it if you can stay the course.

Some of those topics include loans, debt, credit, lawyers, software, Mesothelioma, taxes, data recovery, etc.

Not very glamorous topics to most people and I certainly would NOT recommend such a move to someone just getting started as it would be a death knell. But to someone who understands the process and has confidence in the end result, those are the types of topics that will bring in the most money in the long run (but definitely NOT in the short run).

If you decide to consider tackling something so competitive and lucrative, be sure that you are fully prepared to get virtually nowhere for the first year or two.

You'll have a terrible time getting free traffic and you'll be black balled by Google for a time, but eventually the storm clouds will pass and the sun will begin to shine very brightly. Perseverance and faith is the name of the game if you tackle a niche like this, so BE WARNED!

So, apart from that crazy idea, what else might you be interested in? Have you written down your loves and likes? Ask your hubby, kids, friends, etc., what they think you are good at. You might get an idea from that to springboard from.

Whatever you do, I can't wait to see what you come up with! Have fun!

Blessings,
    Angie
    Hi Viola,

Vishal asked us to continue the discussion from http://www.work-at-home-forum.com/web-design-8/sbi-is-on-sale-till-christmas-6202-2.html#msg12 8199 over here in this thread. [​IMG]

Anyway, I had another thought in relation to helping you choose a niche....

It's a bit "outside the box" but you could also think of things you hate. It may be weird, but we generate a lot of passion and emotion over things that really drive us crazy or irk us. [​IMG] So, a subject that you really dislike may be just the topic - it will keep you fired up and involved in debating the pros and cons (particularly the cons). [​IMG]

Just something to consider!

Blessings,
    Angie
  17. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

happywife: It's a bit "outside the box" but you could also think of things you hate. It may be weird, but we generate a lot of passion and emotion over things that really drive us crazy or irk us. So, a subject that you really dislike may be just the topic - it will keep you fired up and involved in debating the pros and cons (particularly the cons).
    OMG - that is a great thought! Now I really have some stuff to think about. lol[​IMG]
  18. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Thank you again for your helpful thoughts... my hubby keeps telling me I should start another site but I just don't know if I can manage them all like you do....[​IMG]
  19. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Well, I hope you don't manage them like I do! [​IMG] I'm dropping balls left and right. Hopefully, you'll do it better than me!

I actually found working on 2 sites to be wonderful. Each one was a nice diversion for the other. It started to get a bit hairy when I took on the third and then completely silly after that.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't give up any of them and I am very confident that I'll have even more before you know it. [​IMG] Join me! Misery loves company! Grin!

Blessings,
    Angie
  20. happywife

happywife Gold Member

happywife: No, you aren't "locked in" because you can cancel at any time. In fact, if you opted for the year package (to get the better price), you have 30 days to cancel and get a full refund, or cancel at any time during the year and get a pro-rated refund - so you really can't lose.

How things change in a week! This is old/outdated news already. [​IMG]

Actually, regarding the question asked by JTMx29 JTMx29: What happens if I use it for two months and then change my mind?
    SBI has a new policy. You now have 90 days to use your SBI package and still receive a full refund if you decide that it's not for you.

That doesn't matter if you choose the monthly payment plan or the full year plan. You can cancel any time within 90 days and get a complete refund. It's an amazing offer.

They decided to extend the offer from 30 days to 90 days so that users will have plenty of time to see the power and benefit of the system.

Too many people give up in the early days because they don't get a chance to truly understand what it takes to build a successful online business. These extra 60 days will allow future SBIers to make more significant progress and begin to see their results before they have to be afraid of losing out on their investment.

It was a gutsy move, in my opinion, not to mention generous. Just one more way that SBI overdelivers and puts an emphasis on the success of their users.

Blessings,
    Angie