Anyone here doing affiliate marketing?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by brians34, Jan 7, 2011.

1. brians34 New Member

I'm just getting started trying affiliate marketing. Bought a package that appears very promising. I'm just wondering how long it took for you to see any income if any at all.
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Been doing it for about 4 years now and make a fair income. Took awhile to see the results though in any significant amount!

Shoulda kept a diary. [IMG]

As long as you don't quit, you should make money!
  3. Rach72 New Member

Affiliate marketing - especially using SEO and article marketing does take a while for the income to start rolling in, but once it gathers momentum it becomes like a snowball.

Getting your first site up and running can take months, getting your 5th one going can take days......

The trick is to find a groove that works for you and stick to it.
  4. brians34 New Member

I know what you mean about the first site. I've put up a few articles with affiliate links and am just now getting to writing up my first niche website using WordPress. I understand what you mean about the first site can take months. First thing I need to do is quit obsessing over all the content and realize that I'm not making money while it's sitting idle. I need to make myself realize that it can be tweaked and updated once I get it online and start advertising it.

I've got several small sections written up for my niche, but still having to learn my way around setting up the WordPress site. Anyone have a good learning site for WordPress? Please pm me.

Thanks for the replies
  5. mountainmom5 Gold Member

What saved me in the first few years was selling on Ebay, along with my stumbling efforts at affiliate marketing. I found a local furniture shop that let me sell on Ebay for them and it has worked very well for the past 6 years. About the time the economy took a dive my affiliate stuff took off.[IMG]
  6. happywife Gold Member

It took me about 9 months of steady work to start accumulating enough commissions to actually receive checks in the mail. [IMG] After that, the momentum began building and they became more and more regular.

My 4th year (last year) my online income was definitely a full-time income and exceeded our offline income, so I am eagerly anticipating what this year holds. Each year the amount has at least doubled (sometimes quadrupled), but I do wonder how long that can continue. [IMG] It's exciting to watch!

You're right about not obsessing too much in the beginning. You CAN always go back and fix things or update pages that you aren't completely happy with. In the early days it's more important to just get it done.

All the best to you for this year!
    Blessings,
    Angie
  7. couso New Member

Just want to say my piece here iv been marketing for 4 yrs now and now work from home with a nice solid income.

The 1st 2 yrs were hell but you have to learn and as i learnt you need a mentor who can help on your mission.

One thing i will say this is a business not a hobby so treat it like that there will be a lot of hard work involved dont think its a magic button it dont work like that.

Dont give up "thats easy to do" and keep going it took me 2yrs before i had any kind of income i now earn $3k+ and growing per mth hope this helps.
    cheers Colin
  8. brians34 New Member

I do understand about it being a job and am really looking forward to working it. I'm working full-time right now with a pretty fair income in the medical field and can retire from this in about 10 years with retirement pension. I've put in 20 years already and don't see throwing that away. I figured that I have 10 years to be working on building this up part-time (an hour or two per day) and hopefully be set at retirement time with travel money. [IMG]

Thanks for all responses. Now I have a question maybe you all can help me out here. Feel free to PM if you'd like.

I am looking into wealthy associates to get much needed training. The thing that is holding me back at the moment is justifying the $97/month starting out. I want to be sure this is the best approach. I've tried researching online where to get the best mentoring possible, but you never know what's a scam out there and I'm already tired of buying into scams.

If you know of a better place to get training for setting up the websites, getting them noticed, learning how to obtain the links, etc., please let me know.
  9. Finding the right niches, learning keyword research and SEO are the the 3 most important parts of affiliate marketing for me.

Obviously there is a lot more to it than that, but without knowledge of those 3 parts, it will take a lot longer to succeed.

When I first started I didn't realise the importance of keywords. Now everything I do is based on keywords, whether it's a blog post, article, content, ads or even bookmarking.

I have worked online for 4 years, the last 2 years doing affiliate marketing. This past year has been tremendous and is going from strength to strength.

Given that you have 10 years before you retire and you can learn and build your business part time, I'm sure you will succeed with hard work and dedication.
  10. anthony2313 New Member

Affiliate marketing is a great way to make income from home. I believe with the right coaching and dedication you can go from 0 to 5 figures monthly within 6 months time. If you want to take affiliate marketing to the next level, I would recommend you study Ewen Chia...He is like the super affiliate of all Super Affiliates.
  11. arunasma New Member

Affiliate marketing is becoming increasingly popular. I see a real opportunity to make money from it.
  12. KB24 Member

It took me about 6 months to a year. But you can read all the e-books you want if you don't put what you read and apply it you are not going to make anything..
  13. doncross New Member

It took me about two months before i earned my first income and i started off with article marketing before moving on to ppc.You just have to try different methods and sooner or later,you will discover what works and what doesn't.
  14. robinincarolina Silver Member

I made a sale within the first tow weeks. Wow was I excited. I realized if I could make one, I could make dozens.

It's been going on 2 years for me. I manage to earn a decent income and yes it grows daily, but it is work, lots of it.

There are lots of free programs out there if you don't want to jump in with the $97 per month. I have probably spent less than $200 total in 2 years, and I have earned it back over and over again.
  15. vinmann New Member

Affiliate marketing is best suited to start your online business with less investment and negligible risk. But you can't make it happen overnight. Know everything from product selection, deep in a niche, keyword selection and ways of promoting your website to get traffic. Sincere and dedicated efforts will bring in good income over the time.
  16. ThePhoenix New Member

Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to make money online. By combining promotion and copywriting skills, and having a compelling website, there is no doubt you can be successful. Just don't get discouraged if it takes you awhile, and make sure to have a regular source of income until this really picks up.
  17. larochelle New Member

Hi all

This was a really interesting thread. I am in the learning curve as we speak (or write) ha ha, and this was uplifting to read that others...who are committed are making money.

Thank you all very much

Best Wishes
    Jason
  18. mreese601 Member

If you treat affiliate marketing like a job you will see result quickly! It's all a numbers game. Use the different Marketing Methods! Go to fourms, blog comment, write articles, do some offline marketing, go to your local coffee shop, put up some signs at a busy intersections. If you want to make the dollars you will have to work at it.
  19. couso New Member

Use the 10x10x10 system i use u must work hard if you think its press button your rich turn off now
  20. minsardi New Member

Affiliate marketing is a great way to earn money. It is a numbers game, so since i was promoting other peoples product to make a percentage i decided to sell my own and make keep the whole sale.