Anyone in the mug printing business with any knowledge to share?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by DavidvstheWorld, Mar 4, 2012.

1. DavidvstheWorld New Member

Tips, ideas, how you got started, software advice, hardware advice, wholesale advice etc would be much appreciated
  2. talfighel Silver Member

I don't see anyone reply to your question here so the best suggestion I can give you is to go to Google and do a search for:

mug printing business

I just checked and there are 13 Million results for that term so this should give you all the answers that you are looking for. [IMG]
  3. DavidvstheWorld New Member

Cheers mate, I have actually searched all the terms and read a whole lot of info, just wanted tips and advice from someone who has succeeded at doing it. Most of the websites out there are i have come across(from literally hundreds) are affiliate marketing websites catered to selling you hardware/software/wholesale goods/etc. I thought a forum could be worth a pop. Cheers anyhoo [IMG]
  4. Just2EZ Moderator

We suspect that Tal works for Google since he constantly promotes using it.
    (he doesn't seem to realize most visitors got here by searching Google)
    You may get an answer from someone reading this forum given enough time.
    I had a friend who did it for years but he retired and equipment has changed.
    He found lots of niche places to sell like the golf course/clubhouse.
    He also added magnets for the higher profit margins.
    Maybe that's why he finally got to retire?
  5. 88Style New Member

I don't have any experience about mug printing business but my 15 year old niece uses fabric craft paint of different colors to design mugs. I think it's very creative and has personal touch to it. She uses different kinds of materials that I'm not very familiar. She sells it during school fares or when she has orders. Sometimes she gives it aways as a gift. She raking in good money for a fifteen year old.
  6. kellerbrianw Member

Tal is absolutely right in using search engines to check out ideas to launch your mug business. BTW: I enjoy using Google, too, and I am not an employee... [IMG]

David, I have never designed mugs, but have sold mugs as promotional items/advertising specialties in the past. From that standpoint, you have lots of competition out there. However, if your mugs offer something the competition doesn't--i.e. unique designs, rapid turn-around times, etc.--then, by all means, go for it. If your mugs will become a piece of art, then your competition is limited and the world is yours.

Good luck on your venture!

Here's to your success!

Brian