Anyone know a legitimate online income?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by hkswma, Aug 7, 2007.

1. hkswma

hkswma New Member

I would like to get some income but it seems that all sites want some investment then they turn out to be scam. Anyone tried anything useful?
  2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

You can try freelance writing, online tution, transcription jobs, they do not have any joining fee.
  3. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

Hi HK,

There are certainly some opportunities to make money online as pc work has pointed out. but just because an opportunity requires an investment, does not mean it is a scam.

I have "invested" in my business because of the enduring success of the company, the compensation plan and the proven success of others. I have also invested in other things, like a contact management system, a new laptop, office supplies, expenses for a new website (not ready yet!), my monthly charges for my current website, a new phone line and other odds and ends. Not to mention the TIME investment in my business. But I believe I am just setting up my infrastructre to become ultra successful. Don't get me wrong, it can be financially stressful (to say the least!) to invest in a business, but you need to get out of the JOB mindset that says "all I have to do is show up and I get paid".

If you or anyone out there is serious about a home based business, you are NOT going to get something for nothing. This takes work and dedication. But I am banking on my investments paying off in the long run.

Noreen
  4. Matthew Adams

Matthew Adams New Member

Hey HK,

Truth be told...there is nothing out there for free. I have had internet businesses and brick n' mortar (a toy store) business.

The store cost me not only $$$ but time (about 140 hours per week).

If you want to make money online...it is going to take time AND money. It all depends on HOW and WHERE you invest. Also if you choose a program that not only excites you but had a ROI (Return On Investment).

It is up to you. But choose wisely.

Matthew Adams
  5. hotboy18

hotboy18 New Member

For a beginner you can start off with affiliate marketing and build a nice website to get targeted traffic. It takes time and skills but once you learn it will be great in the end.
  6. jonnap

jonnap New Member

I recommend freelance writing, only if you are talented in that area.
    Pcwork has some great opportunities there on his/her site, check those out!

Affiliate marketing is also very good, but takes a bit time to get it going. There are some great courses out there these days, that teach you almost everything about succeeding online.

Feel free to check out my link too, if you like. [​IMG]
  7. CSGWAHM

CSGWAHM New Member

When you say things are an investment, think about how much of an investment it would be money and timewise to have your own brick and mortar business. If you want to have a home based business, there will be an investment, but it's MUCH less than what you'd put into a "traditional" business. Plus, not everything is a scam. There's lots of legitimate home based businesses out there.

I recommend looking at people's signatures, there are plenty of home based businesses that don't require alot of money to start up.

I think home based is the way to go, I'm very happy with what I'm doing. Hope you find something that suits you. Good luck!
  8. happywife

happywife Gold Member

I agree with many of the previous posts. You do have to be willing to invest something, a bit of money, but mostly time.

Just don't fall for any of the get rich quick scams. If they are telling you that you will be making $100's in days, please don't believe them. Mama always said, if it sounds too good to be true... [​IMG]

There are a few different legitimate ways to start on online business, but trust your instincts. Research thoroughly and ask questions. If there is no one to speak to who has done it and is making money (I'm not just talking about ad quotes), than it is more likely to be a scam.

You need more than a one page sign up. You also want to be sure there is some type of money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. And don't be afraid to ask for your money back. I had to do that a couple of times when I was first starting and scouting out a legitimate opportunity.

I ended up opting to build my own website about chocolate candy, something I really love. You could go that route and build a site about one of your hobbies or interests, or even about something you already have a lot of knowledge about from previous work experience. It is definitely doable if you have the right tools. I never thought I could, but I am about to launch my second site, now that the first one is established and running along nicely.

Just remember. You don't get something for nothing. You will definitely have to WORK online to make money online. [​IMG] I wish you success.
  9. Matthew Adams

Matthew Adams New Member

Quoting: hkswmaI would like to get some income but it seems that all sites want some investment then they turn out to be scam. Anyone tried anything useful?

Hello Hkswma,

My wife and I work with a candle business...really pretty cool. I have been in NetWork Marketing & Internet based business for over 20 years.

At first I thought it was silly. Candles?!? But then one day someone asked what I do...just for kicks...I said my wife and I sell candles. They had a shocked looked on their face (I was thinking...okay, here comes the giggles) "We LOVE candles! Do you have the soy variety?

I said, "better...our are soy & veggie...they hold the scent longer".

They bought over $150 right there on the spot!

Now I don't feel silly anymore.

The biggest way we make money...is fundraisers for churches, schools & groups.

Click on the link below if you want more information.

Be Blessed!

Matthew & Michelle Adams
    706-592-0952
  10. hotboy18

hotboy18 New Member

You can also do transcripion jobs if you can type fast and accurate, but watch out for the scams.
  11. shusha

shusha New Member

I live in South Africa, and have noticed that Africa does not have a lot of internet marketers. are there ligitimate online opportunities available for South Africans. I would really like to quit my stressful job in the long run.
  12. pcwork

pcwork New Member

You can start a website any where in the world
  13. kohuether

kohuether New Member

I think it depends what you are interested in. I make money online through a variety of different channels including:

- Get Paid to Sites
    - Freelance Writing
    - Blogging
    - Editing
    - Affiliate Marketing

In the beginning, you may be spending a lot of time hitting dead ends. (I did). But once you find the few methods that work for you, you'll find your success. The key is to not give up.
  14. happymama

happymama New Member

There are free business to start out there. The one I joined was. My family didn't think it would lead to anything because it was free. Just because it's free to start off, it don't mean that you don't have to put in a lot of time and effort. So don't disregard something because it's free. It worked for me.
  15. jasonv

jasonv New Member

Nothing worth having is free!

If you are going to be successful in an endeavor you will always have an investment. Time,money etc. No way to avoid it! For most of us the payoff is worth it, for others not so much.

When you are looking for a business you must do your due-diligence. In doing so you learn whether it is a "scam" before you get started.

Understand this, its not a "scam" if the only reason it doesn't work is because you aren't working it the proper way. You have to know before getting started that the methods for working the business are methods which you are comfortable with.

Like many here have said...find an area that you enjoy and work that. Work one area at a time, hone your skills and then move on to another. Patience is key!

May success be yours!
  16. Renee

Renee New Member

I would have to agree with most that I have seen here. Nothing is for free. My first suggestion is to find what you are passionate about. Once you know your passion, you will believe in whatever you are doing. Your passion will show through and you will be able to soar. Vacations are my passion and so is seeing my husband quit his job to pursue his passions -- golf and ministry! Those to passions put together give me reason to work from home successfully! I am loving it!

Renee'
  17. jschuman

jschuman New Member

My Power Mall is free to join so I recommend it as well. Willie Crawford wrote a report he is selling for $5 called "How To Earn $1000 in 24 Hours or Less" that is worth Google searching and checking out.
  18. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: jschumanMy Power Mall is free to join so I recommend it as well. Willie Crawford wrote a report he is selling for $5 called "How To Earn $1000 in 24 Hours or Less" that is worth Google searching and checking out.

How much do you earn from my Power Mall
  19. ballgirlnz12

ballgirlnz12 New Member

Hi There,

I agree with everybody above, if you want to get anywhere in life you have to invest both time and money to do so. I've just recently started up my own affiliate marketing business through the ultimate wealth package. But really as all the others have said research the marketer and if anything seems to good to be true it probably is.

May your future endevours work out

Krystal
  20. aaa

aaa New Member

Can anyone tell me if this forum is legitimate? There seems to be a lot of non information in these forums. People are asking simple questions and getting non answers. It seems that I might come here and ask, "Can I get paid to click to little pieces of black plastic together?" and someone would say "yes" go right here and they will pay to this much money and it takes this much time. Then five more people would reply immediately and confirm that they too are making this much money and putting in this much time to do it. Forums should be informative and helpful, not misleading and vague.