Anyone Know About EZINE ADS?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by webgenie, Nov 23, 2011.

1. webgenie

webgenie New Member

Hi All!

I'm really pretty new to all of this and was wondering what an ezine ad is and how does it work?

Does anyone have experience using an ezine advertisement? Was it successful? Any do's or don'ts?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Misty
  2. webgenie

webgenie New Member

That really doesn't answer my question. Thank you.
  3. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

What website are you referring too. If www.ezinead.net, don't expect any necessary magic. You have to consistently put your advertising out there in free and paid mediums.

However the count of subscribers is NOT a reflection of the count of readers.
  4. webgenie

webgenie New Member

You're right, it was ezinead.net - thought they were the same...apparently not. But get this, I did a little research and apparently (it looks like) the real ezine company will soon be launching direct advertising. I just signed up to there "notify me" it's here (this is the direct link):

http://ezinearticles.com/advertise/
  5. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Very interesting but they apparently need something to recover from the Adsense income they lost when Google put them in the "Content Farm" category.
  6. webgenie

webgenie New Member

That's what I was thinking too.
  7. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

I personally just use Plentyoffish to advertise some Dating CPA offers and I've lost, broke even and made profits with this method. Still testing though, hope to figure it out eventually and it'll become another stream of income.
  8. gowriter

gowriter Member

Advertising in Ezines is old, old, old, old school marketing. Frankly, I haven't had much luck with them.

Some of these Ezines are very outdated. The ones that are still going strong cost anywhere from $60 to $200 for a solo ad. That's way too much money.

With Google Adwords or Facebook Ads, you can pinpoint target your audience much, much cheaper. You can target by age, gender, location, income, marital status, etc.