Anyone training or working for Citigroup thru West?

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by clbuck1, Dec 25, 2008.

1. lmcharles99

lmcharles99 New Member

Hey, I finished all of my module training this past Wednesday and have completed my Webnair 2 & 3. I have Webnair 1 tmw then I will get my sales training info. I believe that the pay is $9 unless they have some special going on for the weekends. I was given the available schedules for Citi 2 and they are: Mon-Thurs: 8-1p & 5-10p, Fri/Sat: 7-1p and Sun: 9-2p all of these times are Central Standard Time. These are the only available time slots. U can work as little as 30 mins if you want. The do expect get more time in the future but no telling when. Sorry for anyone who was looking for the graveyard shift......
  2. ladyofengland

ladyofengland New Member

Hi everyone,I'm so happy to find you all. I just finished all my paperwork for West and have got my welcome I'm hired package. But..... I can't sign in. My password will not work at all and I'm anxious to start training. I've e-mailed West but no answer as yet.
    I'd hate to lose this work before I even start LOL
    I'm dreading it really, but I guess it will go fine.
  3. suni315

suni315 New Member

Hey Everybody
    I am all done with service and sales and webinars 1,2,3 and the sales webinar. I was told I need a citisource and verification webinar BUT other than that we have to wait for logins as Citi has not provided them yet. Hopefully soon or the bonuses will be expired. Anyone else all finished with training?
  4. suni315

suni315 New Member

Call a PAL Hope that helps. Sometimes it takes a while for email.
    So just call the 1-866 number tell them you got your welcome email and the password doesnt work.
  5. ladysanchez

ladysanchez New Member

Hi I'm about to start the sales training for citigroup.Is it extensive like the service portion and how many webinars are there if any?
  6. klute08

klute08 New Member

Hi everyone. I was assigned also to citi cs service. I am very exciting since I have a lot of experience in the banking industry. I was wondering if this is going to be a customer service only or it also involves some sells. Also is anybody here bilingual? Are the calls spanish only? And how are the calls?
    Thanks,
  7. auntee

auntee New Member

I have completed my Service and Sale training and Webinars 1,2,3, & Sales Webinar. There was also a supplementary training that I also completed. I am also waiting for login information to begin taking calls. How long have you been finished?
  8. suni315

suni315 New Member

There is 1 sales webinar, 1 citisource, and 1 verification webinar

The sales took about 2.5 hours I am told the othe 2 take about and hour.

Hey is anybody locked out of their account after finishing training
  9. ladysanchez

ladysanchez New Member

so is the sales portion just webinars. Or do you have do all of the reading and modules plus webinars like in service.
  10. suni315

suni315 New Member

+Webinars as well as modules to read W/ with tests. The last test is Long
  11. suni315

suni315 New Member

I have been done since Jan 27th And waiting for Citi to send log ins also. Kind of disappointing I would like to get started making money and taking calls. They put a block on my training so I cant even go in and refresh my memory and browse the sections while I wait...............BUMMER
  12. angiedbc456

angiedbc456 New Member

I was to assign to Citi by West, do anyone knows what happens after you fail training. And who do i contact about the failed tests
  13. auntee

auntee New Member

If you fail 1 test more than 3x the system will probably block you out. I believe the PAL phone message says that they cannot accomadate an extension for that reason... it can't hurt to try. I have completed all trainng, all webinars and a supplemental training and is still waiting for login access. I wondering if the economy crisis has caused them to freeze, or maybe they don't want to pay the $100 bonus. Its very disappointing. By the time they give us access, I might forget everything I learned.
  14. suni315

suni315 New Member

I have never asked for another skill. I just began work with west.
    But I am thinking about it. This whole citi thing was a sham to save money on training by encouraging west to have us finish then no logins AHA agin saving a buck nO BONUSES
  15. smittys_mom

smittys_mom New Member

Suni, did you ever get an answer to your ? about a "FEW block"? I didn't see or make a note on such a critter either, during training. Failed my test w/ a 65%, and the questions I missed were mostly items I can't recall having gone over. Maybe I just missed an entire module in my haste, or while they were having technical issues??

My Webinar 1 was cancelled this a.m., and since i just failed the test, I'm scrambling to try to review to retake it-- don't want to guess at questions, want to KNOW the answers w/out a doubt, lol! WANT TO PASS so I can move on to the next section! I'm really going to have to hustle to get through this C*t* training just to meet the deadline. Also got locked out of Sawgrass, I guess....waiting at the moment for a PAL to come on and help me get back in...

AND-- I'm having a DEVIL of a time navigating back thru the training Content Viewer to review for the questions I missed...it seems I have to answer a lot of the practice questions in SOME modules, just to try to get to the ONE module I need to review! That is taking just too much time, and ought not to be! I know I get paid for training, but all I need to review is one or two sections where I KNOW the info is located-- not the whole dang course!! Sheesh!

So...Suni, anyone...any helps on any of my many questions today? Thank you! (-:

~~Laurie
  16. suni315

suni315 New Member

I did finally find out what it is I dont know if I am allowed to post it but....... stands for fraud early warning(FEW) I understand your pain with trying to review and the questions always come back up and eat away your time. Some of the questions I found if you just continue to hit the enter key you will move right along to the next,
    Bookmarking I have no idea why they even have it/ IT doesnt work and neither does the glossary. Sawgrass was down most of my training and I will tell you it is very important to be able to get into it to find your way around!!! Read my post about horrible first day I couldnt have navigated sawgrass if I had a GPS system it was bad!!!Hope this helps you out. I think everyone had the same problems. You will make it!!!! good luck and keep your chin up
  17. lmcharles99

lmcharles99 New Member

Hey Suni,
    I'm not sure why u had to take a citisource & verification webinair, but I was told that I'm done. I only did the 1-3 and the Sales. I'm currently waiting on my logins. The PAL's have 2 of them already and are waiting on 5 more logins from Citi.
  18. suni315

suni315 New Member

They told me they are NOT mandatory. But I took them any way along with the Q&A roleplay webinar that was extremely helpful, but lasted from 9am to 5 pm congratulation on finishing. I have been done but haven't logged many hours because my passwords are incorrect and I can't log in!

Suni
  19. amyg

amyg New Member

Hi, I have been taking live C*T* calls for abour 2 weeks now, and let me tell ya'll, it is not easy..well..it wasnt at first, and even now, some of the clients threaten my life if I do not lower theyre APR.[​IMG] So, be prepared for anything, and make sure to call a pal to help you learn the softphone keys, and how to transfer, and when to transfer, and to whom! They do not teach you these things in training..and you need this info. brush up on the sales you will have to offer, because if you dont, they will get on to you. The pay is 8/hr, but usually, they have insentives, like, Fri, Sat, and Sun, if you work you make between 10./hr-12./hr, which is great money, and sometimes if you work 12 hours within 3 days, you get a $30. bonus. This is great, because you will earn every dime. The calls keep coming, there is never a moment to relax, GOOD LUCK!
  20. smittys_mom

smittys_mom New Member

Hi, Amy,
    Are things still going well for you now that you've been on the Citi/West job a month or so? I've been training for Citi work for the last month, received 2 paychecks during training, and actually looked forward to being able to set my own schedule, and work at home, and get out of this retail store job I hate, that has me working nights and weekends. I got on with West, because I wanted the op to be home when my family is home, not at the store, on my feet (much pain, too many years on them in retail sales and concrete floors!) with a boss who has no idea how to make a schedule, doesn't recall you needed certain days off, and won't give you more hours when you need them. My friend's cousin has worked for West 2 years, gets the hours she needs and likes it ok, and my hubby's cousin just started. Well, the hubby's cousin now gets no hours, because he works for ProFlow#rs, and of course, that's seasonal. So now the hubby is going on and on about how he thinks this is a scam, even after 2 paychecks. I

So far, I've enjoyed the training...it's a LOT to recall, but there are a LOT of good helps with the job, so that doesn't worry me. 16 years in retail and CS, the job itself doesn't worry me...what is worrying me NOW, is that my hubby goes on and on about how I need to keep BOTH jobs (when MY idea was to get away from the job I now have, and still make AT LEAST the same amount of money), because he is SURE that once I go live here ina week or two (I'm *real* close to being done, waiting to complete Web 3 and Sales, my status is Active Pending, and I'll be waiting on logins after tomorrow, my PAL told me yesterday) hubby is SURE that once I'm cut loose from training, the hours will NOT be the daytime hours I wanted, and there WON'T be enough even available to me. He is sure I will get discouraged and quit, or the hours won't be there, or I'll still have to work nights and weekends, sure that *something* is going to go wrong....

HIS attitude now has ME worrying, between what I read here in the Forums and what hubby keeps telling me! I guess you could say I'm beginning to have doubts myself!! (Nice support system, eh?)

I took this job, and have stuck with it, because it appears to be legit; and I am dying to have more time home and with my family, and to choose the days I work. Since you've now been on for about a month, have you encountered any scheduling problems such as those my hubby is worrying about? PLEASE help me allay my own fears, and try to ignore his nonsense while I get going! Thanks for your input!
    ~~Laurie