anyone tried real writing jobs ?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by ma7moud747, Feb 14, 2011.

1. ma7moud747 New Member

2. ma7moud747 New Member

no answer yet ?
  3. mountainmom5 Gold Member

hmmm... I wouldn't pay to get information on writing jobs, I don't think but then who knows, it may have some resources for you. I have paid for stuff that I later wished I hadn't but it was all part of the learning curve!

There are a lot of folks that write for pay over at the wahm.com/forum
    you might want to ask there as well.

I know for a fact that writing for pay doesn't pay much but you can also go to odesk.com and browse around there.

Good luck!

p.s. I write my own stuff and if you can learn how to write articles for yourself and set up simple blogs or Squidoo lenses, and have all your articles work for YOU instead of someone else. [IMG]
  4. hunysukle New Member

Those companies that make you pay for information about writing jobs are usually scams. Just do some research about legitimate writing companies on Google and you will find quite a few.

Here are some legit writing sites:

Break Studios
    Wise Geek
    About
    Text Broker
    E-Copywriters
  5. ThePhoenix New Member

These things seem pretty interesting, but personally I do all of my writing for my blogs and, as was mentioned above, things like Squidoo and HubPages.
  6. As far as I can see Real Writing Jobs provides you with information and resources to enable you to earn money by writing.

It may not be for everybody, but sometimes you can learn a great deal from these programs.

Fiverr.com is a great place to earn money from writing.
  7. Jonus New Member

Hi there

I just wanted to share my experience with freelancing.

I am a web application programmer in the UK. At the end of last year I was really disgruntled with the way I was living, where I was living and where my career was not going. I of course had heard all the stories about working from home, making thousands of pounds. Of course reality, friends and family had always put me off, as well as most of the work from home programmes are scams.

Well this year I decided to pack up my job in London, and move back to my native South Shields. Which for those not in the know, is a great little place near Newcastle upon Tyne in England. I started with only a small amount of savings so for a while it was a little daunting. What I did was joined a freelancing site, which offers to be a middleman between businesses and self employed workers. I was struck by the diversity of work not only in my field of expertise but also in the jobs that literally anyone can do.

I am very happy to report that within my first month I currently have made enough to cover my bills for this month, and I have enough work already to cover next month. You hear the phrase often "there is no such thing as a free lunch" and this is completely right. My experience so far is one of living in my own home, working when I want (currently 3 days per week, for 4 hours). I'm not going to suggest to anyone to do what I did, but I think it is worth a look. If you work a few hours a week extra, you can make a significant impact on your finances.

I would like to offer a couple of tips though if I may:

One is don't be put off by the numbers of people scrapping for lower paid jobs. A lot of the simple jobs (blog writing, article writing etc), are flooded with guys in countries where there is no minimum wage. In fact where the average daily wage is less than ??10. My very first contract was the highest bid price.

The second rule is, instil confidence in the client. The overwhelming majority of freelance workers are from countries in Asia, and look to bid on everything...!!! When they bid, they will say to the client "I can do this sir, last month did 5000 blog posts, all perfect english". Now if the message to the client is concise giving a meaningful run down of what you can do and how you are going to do it. Then the work will be yours even if you are going in with a high bid. In addition if you tell them why they should use you i.e quality, reliability etc, then this should convince the client to use you. Always remember the clients are in business, and require a quality service, not just to be ripped off by cheap bids, with incomplete work.

Tip three is, have a strategy. Look at the work you CAN do, don't bid on things you are weak at. When bidding be honest with yourself before being honest with the client. For example if you are being asked to bid on 1000 blog posts, can you deliver? Each blog needs time for writing the blog, finding meaningful blogs or forums, signing up to blogs/forums and reporting on where you have placed the blogs, all of which take time. In addition, if the client is only paying ??18 ($30), then you may want to give this a wide berth. Or a better plan is to place a bid, that is genuinely priced for your time. Then write to them telling them you can do it, but only for a price that is over their budget. You never know your honestly may get you the work and the money too.

Finally build your muscles. For your first contract find something easy and one that you are going to enjoy doing. Its all well and good to get a big contract, only to get put off half way through.

The great thing about these sites is that they are a little like ebay for job hunters. The work is like someone looking for workers, your expertise is the item for sale and the payments and terms are worked out by the site. The costs to you are nothing if you don't win the work. If you do, its typically a 10% commission, taken from the final cut. One little hint, make sure you get this 10% covered by a milestone payment. These payments are paid upon completion of some of the work. Oh and most of the bidding is in US$, so be sure to do the maths before bidding.

Anyway, hope this helps some of you, if you are interested the site I use is Freelancer.com.
  8. englishexile New Member

I have been considering this line of work recently as I already work from home and I have skills in both writing and illustration.
    The problem for me is that I do not have a portfolio or any real examples of what I can do. I noticed that most of the people I would be competing with have a 'track record'.
    Did you have a portfolio of work that you were able to offer? How did you secure your first job in light of the competition?

Thanks in advance... [IMG]
  9. happywife Gold Member

If you don't have a portfolio of work to show, you can build one up by bidding very low for your first several "jobs" on places like odesk.com or vworker.com, etc. Once you have done a few jobs and received good feedback, you can then start bidding higher.

You said that you already work from home. Do you have your own website that you can point people to as an example of your work? That should help.

Blessings,
    Angie
  10. jaesun16 New Member

It's been a while since I started working at home business.

I have been working and doing Internet marketing for 3 years now.
    Each of everyday I spend at least 1 hour for adding blogs, posting forums, and invest more money to expand my business.

If you are right there to decide work at home job,

you would better be ready for consistent work!
  11. PeterFrosen New Member

If anything I would recommend going on Fiverr and making $4 an article on an article that you can deliver with 24 hrs and make 400 words too. You can build up a good rep and good lots of good customers.