Anyone tried Submitterbot

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by karma, Sep 10, 2008.

1. karma

karma New Member

Has anyone tried submitterbot.com's service. Its a semi auto web directory submitting service. There arent any charges as far as i can tell. They help you submit your url to over 500 directories, of course you have to get approval before your url is entered.

Any feedback is appreciated

http://www.submitterbot.com/

2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

How relevant are the directories. I have a few directories and most of the submissions are total junk and not approved.

3. karma

karma New Member

Hi pcwork, i dont think all the directories are relevant, but it does provide a 'Skip' button if you cant find the category that your site belongs to in the drop down menu. I have been trying a few directory submitting services to see which one is most effective.

4. S7Compsolutions

S7Compsolutions New Member

I have used this service and have found it to be reliable as long as you check the directory prior to submitting and yes you can skip directories and come back at a time when you feel they have developed enough to include your website.

5. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

Telling it like it is:

Submissions to such directories are unlikely to be as valuable as those to directories requiring captcha fileds filled in.

Any directory which accepts totally automated submission gets a huge amount of spam and believe me, either the directory just deletes most submissions, including yours, or includes virtually everything, making the directory a giant mess.

I use and sell a software which submits to over 900 current directories. Over 300 require captchas, which is a pain, but the software makes it manageable.

In short, you need to be doing captcha submissions if you want traction from directory listings. Non-captcha or non-reviewed submissions will have low value in terms of backlinks and traffic.

6. Dexpla

Dexpla Guest

you all should use comment kahuna, it's a blog poster not a spammer. it selects the blogs on keywords you select relevant to your site, it then finds the relevant blogs and PR. You read the blogs and post your comment. Its totally free and a fantastic way of getting good backlinks. Google it!

Don't waste your money on buying automatic submitters, it will get your site banned from search engines!

7. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Let's see what other members who used this service have to say about it.

I never used it and was wondering the same thing.

Tal

8. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

Dexpla: Don't waste your money on buying automatic submitters, it will get your site banned from search engines!
    I haven't had that problem. If it were a problem I would just mass-submit all my competitors sites and they'd mass-submit mine. Then nobody would be left. So, from experience I can tell you that these "penalization" theories are inaccurate, as is the Google "duplicate content penalty" myth.

You can use Veretekk, for example, to submit to millions of sites. It does it with one button. I don't know if the sites are real. What I do know is that if that's all you do to promote your site, you'll never get any human traffic.

9. paktangent

paktangent New Member

The problem with such a software is that, that the sites it has listed change there format often. And as they are offering it for free, they do not update there databases to often, in this way most of the directories available are of no use.