Anyone use BackLinks Genius?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by Just2EZ, May 8, 2011.

1. Just2EZ Moderator

Curiosity and clicking on an ad cents for this forum today I ran into this;
    "All links come from relevant articles concentrating on set keywords. They are placed in a number of blogs and portals from thousands of bloggers. No useless link exchange, no footer links, no link farms."

BackLinks Genius lets bloggers earn money without ads, just text links.
    It's a plug-in for most blogging platforms that finds keywords in your articles.
    Advertisers pay BackLinks for the keyword links from articles on other sites.
    Bloggers get 10% plus a % of refferal bloggers earnings.
    Doesn't look like a lot of income but for doing nothing new it is EZ.
    You don't even have to write new material if you have pages already.

What got me was their calculators, the advertising one made lots of sense.
    I took an average $100/mo AdWords budget and compared what I'd get.
    100 backlinks from PR5 websites at least 3 yrs. old with at least 100 pages.
    You can tweak any of those numbers to get a price quote.
    There was no real information on the sites or keyword bidding.

So, has anyone here used them for income or advertising?
    Oh yeah, they have an affiliate program and an agency discount.
    I may have to try them out on all levels but would like some feedback here.
    TIA
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Wow, that sounds cool - let me know what happens. Or send me your link then. Might as well help a fellow marketer out if I decide to try it. [IMG]
  3. Just2EZ Moderator

Well, I didn't jump to join. I always read the TOS for clues.
    Several items did not set well, one a non-disclosure agreement.
    It prohibits naming any websites so who knows where they link from.
    Supposedly you can see the urls in your control panel, no refunds though.
    What really got me was the payout for content providers, uh say what?
    To get paid you must have at least 50 Million BG credits.
    1 BG credit + 1,000 Euro per their website.

Don't think I'll be using them but the idea is a good model.
    The company is based in the U.K.
  4. Just2EZ Moderator

Just2EZ: 1 BG credit + 1,000 Euro per their website.

Should read:
    1 BG credit equals 1,000 Euro per their website.

oops.
  5. JackDProvost New Member

Very interesting. If you do decide to take the test drive please let us know the outcome. [IMG]
  6. asca New Member

These guys are a scam, BEWARE! This was the first site in a google search for backlinksgenius review so I'm going to share my experience here.

Having found no real reviews, and against my better judgement I have signed up with them, set up my account and everything went pretty smoothly initially with them starting to put up links.

However:

All the links are from extremely crappy article farm sites, most of which also employ tactics such as cloaking and will very likely get your site penalized. This is against their own terms of service, in which they declare all their sites must have unique content and be reputable and yadda yadda.

After seeing the links they were putting up I immediately cancelled my account, and then demanded a refund for the rest of the money that hasn't been spent. At that time, I have only spent a couple of bucks, after having deposited a good amount. Not unreasonable, right?

Needless to say, they are denying the refund saying that because I have cancelled my account they can't look up my details and they don't know how much money I spent, so they won't refund me. Obviously that's a lie, if they're the least of legit they should have records so they can record what they're paying their suppliers. Plus, they should have the record of the payment from paypal.

I have filed a PayPal dispute. The flaw in their logic is that by trying to sell me this lie that they have no record of me using their services, then clearly I have grounds for an 'item/service not delivered' dispute. Can't wait to see how this works out.

I have faith in PayPal to clear this up and hopefully get these guys banned from PayPal altogether. They messed with the wrong guy.
  7. talfighel Silver Member

Jimmy,

Would be nice if you tried them and then let us know your results.
  8. Just2EZ Moderator

talfighel: Would be nice if you tried them and then let us know your results.

I think I spelled it out pretty clear already. No Thanks!
    Just2EZ: Well, I didn't jump to join. I always read the TOS for clues.
    Several items did not set well, one a non-disclosure agreement.
    It would be a waste of my time and talents.
  9. asca New Member

Just an update. I escalated to a PayPal claim and PayPal refunded me. They were even unresponsive when PayPal contacted them so that says a lot about the legitimacy of this business.