Anyone used Fiverr Gigs or Hourlies??

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by danai_p, Jul 16, 2012.

1. danai_p

danai_p New Member

I'm pretty sure you are aware of Fiverr gigs and maybe some of you have heard of Hourlies. I just wanted to ask for your experience with them. Have you used them for doing things for your business like optimizing a website, or converting psd to wordpress theme, or increasing your twitter followers? I've found some very tempting Hourlies but i don't know if i should go ahead and buy...
    Any advice is helpfull
    Thanks

Chris Pontine likes this.
  2. carltheman

carltheman New Member

Ive used Fiverr to order SEO work!

Mostly use it for video submission as its cheap and fast to have one of your videos added to over 30 different sites.

Also hired a few people for backlink building and link wheel creation! Never heard of hourlies? I think fiverrs good after all its cheap to test out and see what results you get. Increasing twitter followers and users works on fiverr but after that your video wont get any views as youtube knows there fake visits especially if you order 1000+ views.

RecruterSociety likes this.
  3. mellin

mellin Member

Use fiverr to outsource my marketing that seems tedious to me such as posting classified ads.

4. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

I've used fiverr before and made some money there. But I was able to make much better money with other things.

5. tn5rr2012

tn5rr2012 New Member

I use FIVERR to help people start their family trees. I joined FIVERR this past Jan and have over 300 satisfied clients and 100% rating. This is the only gig type I have at the moment and it has been quite successful! <Snip>

[Link removed - Admin]

6. fiverjob

fiverjob New Member

Yes i have heard of fiverr, But not Hourlies, they must be really new. I prefer to use the more interesting and unique marketplace called fiverjobsite.com they have much more to offer members. from points to banner adverts. They are new so don't expect to much right now, They are incresing in Alexa Rank daily, with a google PR of 1 also an alexa rank of global 845,781 with a UK rank of 101,081 and dropping.

I love the rewards system, I find that the jobs are a little over priced at the moment but have seen a drop in the values of jobs to £3 which is just under the conversion rate of fiverr's $5 gig prices, so grab yourself some bargain Social media jobs. You can even sell other members jobs and earn money.

Anyway just popped by and thought i would let you know, they also have an affiliate referral system in place with residual income potential, as and when a member reaches the diamond vip level reward, cool huh.

So what have you got to loose give em a try yourself. there are also couple of other uk sites like fiverjobsite but i have not yet tested them. I am looking for more SEO members to work with as i have a SEO/SMO business. So if anyone can post some great services on fiverjobiste for me i may consider buying from you to get my account moving. As i am looking to get tothe VIP level as fast as possible, You should consider it also.

7. Chandra Collins

Chandra Collins New Member

I have used fiverr quite often and have always been pleased with the professionalism of the people that completed my gig.

8. happywife

happywife Gold Member

I've used Fiverr several times, with fairly good results. I've had graphics made - and I was impressed with what I got for $5. I'm still an amateur with a graphics program so I appreciate those with the skills to come up with some of the effects that I wouldn't have a clue how to achieve.

I've also had a few articles written (testing things out) and bought a couple of social marketing deals as well. I pretty much stay away from that kind of thing because I don't think it really is of any value to have a bunch of fake social signals to my business - may do more harm than good.

I did find a good bargain on getting an advert placed on a website for month - which was definitely good value.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I might have missed something that I've purchased through fiverr, but that about covers it.

I hadn't heard of hourlies before, so I'll have to check it out when time permits.

Blessings,
    Angie

9. Miss B

Miss B New Member

I love fiverr. i get link pyramids and link wheels along with many backlink creators and even tried a solo ad! the solo ad had alot of views but no optin, though that could be my offer, but the others were really awesome. if you want to make like, long term, see results down the line investments from fiverr i suggest link pyramids.

10. happywife

happywife Gold Member

We all must do what we think best, of course, but I do feel that I should caution others against using link schemes of any sort (wheels, pyramids, or any new shape they come up with). ;)

The search engines (specifically Google) are getting better and better at determining what's "real" when it comes to linking and what's "manipulation." They are constantly refining their search algorithms to weed out those who try to game the system to achieve higher search results.

It's always best to put your time and effort into improving the quality of your work and achieving natural results than trying to manipulate your way to the top. I know a lot of marketers promote these methods, but it's like building on sinking sand. Beware! :)

Blessings,
    Angie

11. Miss B

Miss B New Member

thanks Angie, thats good advice. i definitely dont discount doing it yourself. i jus found that starting up it was a good way to get some initial traffic while i was setting things up and getting into a rhythm of making posts and reviews etc etc. there are so many avenues its insane!

12. theveronica

theveronica New Member

I have used fiverr too... no complains and works for me... go for it!

Shrey Tongia likes this.
  13. sarahshuih

sarahshuih New Member

i've used fiver too, but only for Ads.

14. annadenise

annadenise Active Member

I have used Fiver as well, but only twice. Both times they were quick, efficient and accurate in responding to my needs.

15. shmeeko69

shmeeko69 Member

Despite some of the negativity Fiverr gets I think it is an effective way to bring buyers and sellers together and give people what they require and for $5 well................ I have been active on their site for over 1 and 1/2 years as both a buyer and seller and have quite a high opinion of the whole Fiverr concept.

16. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Yes, I have tried Fiverr a few times, well worth it, but you have to wait several days or more for many of the services, so it is hit or miss, but from a value standpoint, cheap labor is smart strategy to use in building any business. No one can afford to waste money in a severe recession like this one for most businesses.

17. mreese601

mreese601 Member

I used fiverr and it works for me! I have a gig on fiverr now and it's making me money! Don't think that I will leave it up too much longer, for $5 dollars not really worth my time.

18. I am fiverr obsessed. I use them all the time, and I have never had a bad experience with them. :)

Shrey Tongia likes this.
  19. GigsPunch

GigsPunch New Member

I have used Fiverr quite a bit and one thing that I can tell you for sure is FaceBook, Youtube, Twitter and Adsense will catch anything that is done by a Bot Program. You have to be really careful and check the persons background as much as possible. How many completed gigs? Rate of satisfied customers and what complaints unsatisfied customers launched.

I will also say that with Google and everybody changing the rules of SEO, it's not really worth the risk of doing anything that looks unnatural. It's not loosing the $5.00 thats the problem, its getting your sites banned!!! Also there are a lot of alternatives to Fiverr out there! I have never heard of Hourlies.

20. I agree with GigsPunch, although I am fiverr obsessed and need to be fiverr institutionalized, you do have to be careful with the types of gigs you select. I have used them for image creation and correction, writing articles and in one case I had a squeeze page installed on one of my websites.

If you choose things that are honest jobs, you'll generally get honest results. Again, my experience has been a positive one and customer service usually responds to my questions within minutes, and they do watch out for buyers (and honest sellers).