Apple Cider Vinegar

Discussion in 'Diet and Nutrition' started by neilac, Feb 24, 2008.

1. neilac

neilac New Member

Just take one tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar, half a taespoon of cruched garlic (the original medicine), and a teaspoon of honey. If the vinegar taste is too much add some apple juice. Once daily. It would not hurt to increase your intake of L-Arginine, available on Ebay for $8.50 a month. THIS IS THE BEST FREE ADVICE YOU WILL EVER RECIEVE!
    Neil

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I am a huge apple cider vinegar fan [​IMG]

Cure for sinus infection - mix it with applejuice and add a bit of soda to kill the 'pickle' from the vinegar... drink a cup about three times a day and you will feel like a new person in no time!

3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Me, too, on this one! [​IMG] ACV is a great natural remedy that is really undervalued and not used as much as it should be.

One thing to keep in mind is that you want to be sure to get Apple Cider Vinegar that has the "mother" in it. That's the cloudy bit that shows it hasn't been filtered, etc. Organic is best.

I got my mother in law started on 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar and 1/2 tsp. of honey in a cup of hot water each morning. She's loving it and calls it her morning "tea." It is a simple good detox but also is helpful in lowering cholesterol levels.

4. tahtimbo

tahtimbo New Member

Have you ever tried this??
    Make a potato salad with about 10 boiled potatos and 5 hardboiled eggs.
    After the potatos have cooled, cut into pieces,place in large bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Take 1- 1 1/2 cups of a good quality mayo and pour about 1/2 cup of apple cider vineger. Add to potatos and mix carfefully,but well. Lastly, season the eggs with salt and pepper and add the sliced eggsto the potatos. Again, mix gently until well incorporated. Refrigerate for several hours to let the flavors combine, then enjoy.
    My wife LOVES this salad!![​IMG]
    If you want, add some sliced green onions.

5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

yummm- can I stop by the next time you make it. I LOVE potato salad..[​IMG]

6. zack

zack New Member

What does it do for your body exactly?

7. RyanMis

RyanMis Guest

Exactly what does this mixture do?

8. happywife

happywife Gold Member

zack: What does it do for your body exactly?

RyanMis: Exactly what does this mixture do?

I honestly don't know all of the 'science' behind it, but apple cider vinegar has been shown to be beneficial in many ways.

It aids in digestion for example. Many people with acid indigestion actually have too little acid, rather than too much. The symptoms are almost the same. By drinking a little ACV in water before meals, it helps your stomach's digestive enzymes work as they should.

Apparently ACV will also help your body metabolize and flush out stored fat, reduce your cholesterol, curb your appetite, detox your system and more.

I've used it topically, too, to help dry out rashes, etc.

It certainly won't hurt you, so it's a good option to try and see if it helps you. [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie

9. sharycea

sharycea New Member

My Mom has been taking Braggs apple cider vinegar with the 'mother 'and a teaspoon of of honey in hot water for years. She is 74 years young and has NOT one ailment.

She swears by this honey and vinegar concoction and I must say that it does her good because everyone of her friends her age and some even younger has some type of ailment. But my Mom is in the best of heath and is always on the go. We are both natural health enthusiasts![​IMG]

10. MamAtWork

MamAtWork New Member

ACV has been a cure all for hundreds of years and I can attest to how good it is at curing the heart burn that pregnancy can bring. It was way more effective than tums!

11. sashawk

sashawk New Member

I hear it is a near-tonic for many cases of acid-reflux or GERD.

12. give2receive

give2receive New Member

I've tried just about everything out there that boasts weight loss properties. Apple cider, as nasty as I thought it tasted, made a noticeable difference in the way my body felt. Unfortunately I could never get over the taste. My new vice is green tea. I drink about 1/2 gallon a day without any sweetener (which took a bit of getting used to, but palpable enough to get used to). As far as the weight just falling off, no. I did just recently combine it with a product that my family is very much involved in. It's this wonder food chocolate product that belongs to a long line of holistic health products. What I like about the chocolate is that it's smart, and doesn't toot it's own horn about weight loss. They come from more of a health standpoint (lowering blood sugar, orec rating, high quality ingredients). My family can't stop going on and on about how it's made a difference in peoples lives that have really struggled with the weight/diabetes.

I've definately seen a marked increase in weight loss since I've combined the green tea and the chocolate. (What a combination!) I can't say it's a miracle, but my bodys loving all the antioxidants and all the other healthy junk in the chocolate.[​IMG]

Anyway, the company is called Youngevity if any one is interested.

replacing my plain water intake. For those of you that are interested in checking out a revolution in holistic health products

13. worksmarter

worksmarter New Member

I have tried apple cider vinegar in combination with a few different ingredients including honey. My friend swears by a concoction of apple cider vinegar, garlic and honey. All of the ingredients have long been recognized for their health giving properties. I have to say though, it really was the worst tasting concoction ever. [​IMG]

Healthy weight loss products come in all sizes, shapes, and effictiveness. Some definitely taste and work better than others. Healthy weight loss aids should always include a balanced diet, water and regular exercise. That is the real measure of any diet or diet aid plan. And if they work and taste good too, that really is a bonus.

14. dlischka

dlischka New Member

Hi

I have not personally tried any programs with apple cider vinegar, but I have used a few cleansing programs and found them to be effective. My advice is to go online and do your homework, ask lots of questions and decide what's right for you.

If in doubt, make sure you check with your local health care provider, especially if you have any health conditions etc.

Make it a great day and I will research that apple cider vinegar online.

Thanks for the information

15. Phil Stones

Phil Stones New Member

Well - ww works for me!

16. dani_nae

dani_nae New Member

yuck. that sounds horrible.

PS-I think I remember reading that doing the vinegar thing for heartburn when you are pregnant isn't good... but I can't remember why.

at any rate, if I thought I could handle the tast of the concoction I would give it a whirl..

17. sharycea

sharycea New Member

It's a good thing to try if your really want to lose weight.[​IMG]

18. bdkfreedom

bdkfreedom New Member

Hmmm...never tried this one but sounds exciting. I'll have to ask some of my clients if they have tried this formula!

19. TJamMoneyMan

TJamMoneyMan Well-Known Member

I tried ACV.

Found it very upsetting to my stomach.

Maybe for folx with certain diets, or with meals.

I like to fast regularly. It is hard, if not dangerous to fast while taking certain supplements.
    ACV is acid don't forget!

I have heard a lot of good things about ACV and I really don't put it down.
    I just can't speak for it in terms of positive results, personally.

Fasting however, especially consuming only water and fruits, has done wonders for me.
    Lemon juice, water, and honey is another wonder 'meal'.

just my experience...

20. LadyK

LadyK New Member

neilac
    My mom takes Apple cider vinegar to keep her blood pressure down.