Are Clickbank Products Worthless?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by suresh, Nov 22, 2007.

1. suresh New Member

So much hype around these CB products, but are they of any value at all? To me, they all seem to be the same old stuff (about SEO, PPC etc.) in different words, not much else.

Besides, take a look at some of the merchant websites. Most of them look like cheap, $5 websites, hardly the kind of stuff you'd expect from guys claiming to have earned $1000 every day![IMG] And if they're indeed making so much money, would they sell their 'secrets' for $30?

Put simply, if you know a way to make $1000/day, would you rather not keep it to yourself, and earn those amounts, day after day? Or, would you be magnanimous enough to share it with the rest of the world? Somehow, I don't believe anyone's gonna be that altruistic, sorry!

Bottom line, I don't believe any of these products have ever helped a newbie. Far from it, these products simply appeal to a newbie's greed, that's all. In other words, revenue is being generated from the false hopes about home business, rather than from home business itself.

I'd like to hear some feedback on this, guess it's important to know and understand these things.
  2. pcwork New Member

I agree , many of the products seem to be get rich quick schemes
  3. SovereignWealth New Member

The short answer is ..No. All the products on clickbank are not worthless.

I would suggest you actually go to clickbank.com and search the marketplace of available products to buy or become an affiliate of.

There are tens of thousands of products there of all types and niches.

There are many products like you describe because there is a large demand for them. However, for every one of those types of products there are tons of other types.

I think you would be pleasantly surprised if you went to the site and just "looked around".

The great thing about clickbank is you can see all the stats on the products you are interested in becoming an affiliate for. You can see how they are selling, the refund rate, the percentage of affiliate marketing them, etc..

I hope this helps.

To you success,

Michael
  4. aplina New Member

every affiliate website look the same and quiet cheap. the only trick is to make something different should you decide to join one.
  5. cmartel New Member

I would say that 99% of them are garbage and aren't worth promoting.
  6. lavendersluv New Member

I have to agree with Michael all products on clickbank are not worthless, depending on what you are looking many of the ebooks are good enough to get you started if general information on a specific topic is all you needed.

Don't get me wrong I have come across some ebooks that are crap just the same. But for the most part for the onces I have purchases they have been very good. thanks

Michelle
  7. getagrip Gold Member

I agree that some Clickbank products are garbage, but there are some very good Clickbank products out there that you can learn a lot from.
  8. TB550 New Member

All CB sites are not worthless. If you look at all of the different niches there is something there for everyone. And if you purchase through them, they are very good about enforcing the refund policies.
  9. happywife Gold Member

suresh,

I do agree that a lot of the "make money online" products at clickbank are useless to a person new to online marketing, etc. I bought a couple when I was getting started last year and they really weren't much help.

The best thing I ended up reading on the subject was the free Affiliate Masters Course at the end of my signature. It was more realistic and helpful than the few other books I got from CB.

As mentioned above, they do have a lot of other digital products not related to that niche. I suspect many of them are worth the price.

For instance, on my chocolate site, I promote two CB products for software that enables people to print their own personalized candy bar wrappers for parties and special occasions. The price is fair for the product and I've had a couple of sales for those who want to DIY instead of ordering them already done.

If you are looking to get into online marketing, I would suggest the free book I mentioned in my signature. If you want to just promote CB products, perhaps you will find more success promoting products related to other niches.

All the best.
  10. Bluecash New Member

This thread was very helpful. I was beginning to think that I was goin crazy. I have been promoting Clickbank products for the last year and even with two websites I have received minimal profits.

Clickbank has some good products but for the most part the market is flooded. I keep hearing that the best way to make money through Clickbank is to sell your own products. Not sure how true this is but this advice was given to me by one of the merchants who sells their products through the site.
  11. lavendersluv New Member

Selling you own ebooks on clickbank is good, the thing with that is that you have affiliate program as well so it not only you doing the selling. If your product is good you can do several things, joint venture, firesells and more to get the word out about your ebooks.

Contact some big affiliate marketers, check out other forums that offers you the opportunity to meet others who are looking for joint ventures.

The key as well is in the list, if you can form a JV partnership with someone who has a huge list that can really get things going. good luck

Michelle
  12. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Historically, many have made a good income from Clickbank. At this point in time, I wouldn't waste my time on it. I have never promoted a CB product. I feel that most of them are complete trash.

If you decide to do this, look for an excellent product. I suggest purchasing a few until you find one that you feel good about putting your name behind. It will cost you some money, but you will be able to describe the benefits better and you will be able to provide screenshots.

[IMG]

Newbie Shield
  13. lavendersluv New Member

As mention earlier you have chosen a very saturated field. It really is hard to make money, you see you are at a great disadvantage...

1. It sounds like you don't have a huge list of subscribers. You do know that is how this all works, these guys are not out there promoting these products they are using their list where they will make x amount up front. There list then turns around and promotes the product as an affiliate to their list and so on. While the top AM has already moved on to the next project.

2. Get in on some joint ventures with other affiliate marketers who have already build their lists, these are the people you want to reach. These subscribers trust this person, if he recommends a new hot way of doing something you have been looking for you will buy.

3. by the time you hear about a new ebooks, of system for doing something is really is to late. It has already been beta tested, and shared among hundred or thousands in many cases by the time you finally received a email or come across a link in someone signature file at a forum. thanks

[IMG]
  14. duckbird New Member

Clickbank is a complete waste of time.
    I've been trying to promote cb products for the last few months and it wasn't until last week that I made my first sale...and that was to myself.
  15. jschuman New Member

ClickBank products are like anything else on the Internet. Some are good and some are bad. Depending on the niche you are looking in, there are many excellent ebooks you can sell and make money on.

If you are searching for something specifically and not finding it then there is a great idea for an ebook you could write and sell on ClickBank.

Plus they offer a built in ready to go affiliate program. They have thousands of affiliates already in place and take care of all the paperwork and commission payments for you. How can you beat that!
  16. cmartel New Member

I do not know of one ClickBank product that is worth its bandwidth.
  17. A8ch Gold Member

Quoting: sureshSo much hype around these CB products, but are they of any value at all? To me, they all seem to be the same old stuff (about SEO, PPC etc.) in different words, not much else.

Suresh,

Things are not always what they seem at first glance, and in any marketplace, especially the Internet, the buyer has a responsibility to look past the hype and get to the nitty gritty.

Hype is a normal element in marketing. It's designed to get the attention, stir the emotions and influence the viewer into making a snap decision.

That's purely a copywriting function and does not necessarily correlate to the quality of the product that's being promoted. Great copywriting and product quality are not synonymous. "Buyer beware!" should always be the caution of every shopper.

The reality is that some products will always be superior to others and that group will always be a tiny percentage of the entire offering.

The informed and savvy consumer understands this and knows how to adjust his or her expectations accordingly.

Hermas
  18. cmartel New Member

Quoting: cmartelI do not know of one ClickBank product that is worth its bandwidth.
  19. malibumentor New Member

I recently bought a marketing ebook from clickbank that blew
    my mind... and I have been around the block.

BUT for marketers who want to make money consider this:

Clickbank has a very liberal refund policy. The people who
    buy the "make money" ebooks are probably the biggest
    refunders on CB, so thats a factor to look at if you choose to
    promote those kind of products.

I was poking around in CB and there is an ebook on how to
    get your pet Ferret to stop biting and stinking. NOW thats
    a real niche product and a solution to a problem. The information
    may be available elsewhere, but to a desperate buyer,
    theres real value.

So step back and look at the market place... and then see
    if you can find an info product that fits market needs. CB
    has a lot of these niche products.
  20. cardwarrior New Member

There are interesting products on CB and some of them are very helpful if you choose your niche carefully. The problem with most people who join CB is that they do not promote the products after they have joined the program.

As with anything, some products are garbage, but it is up to you to find out the useful ones.