ARE MLM'S DEAD?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by changemylife, Nov 28, 2007.

1. TJamMoneyMan

TJamMoneyMan Active Member

Quoting: AaronbizAt the end of the day we all need to push out beyond our comfort zones if we are ever going to achieve anything

I don't know what your point is, but I agree with what you are saying.

(It may be better to push beyond our comfort zones at the BEGINNING
    of the day though!)
  2. Aaronbiz

Aaronbiz New Member

TJamMoneyMan,

Fair comment.

My point was, everything in life works! It's not MLM, or a job or whatever that hold us back........it's ourselves.

If we work more on ourselves than anything else, thiings will fall into place.

Not sure if you are a fan of Jim Rohn. Have a listen to his CD "Building Your Network Marketing Business" sometime.

Aaron Riddell
  3. TJamMoneyMan

TJamMoneyMan Active Member

Quoting: AaronbizMy point was, everything in life works! It's not MLM, or a job or whatever that hold us back........it's ourselves.

It seems to me the topic of most of these threads in the business sections have to do with sorting out viable business models that pay off as advertised, and those that don't. Legitimate business ventures v. scams.

Sounds like you are saying there is no such thing as a scam.

One thing I know about scams is that they typically blame the 'scammee' when things go wrong instead of the scammer.
    People are told that the problem is with themselves and not the business they are hopelessly pursuing.

The record of MLM's, and the vast majority who wind up losing money, speaks for itself.

My purpose has been to get those who are in favor of MLM's to explain all the bad press they have received over the years, and to clarify certain aspects of the MLM business model.

If there is so much success to be had working with the MLM model, the numbers should support it.
    There should be a degree of success that matches any other successful business model out there, not just a few people who have had millions, when most people lose lots of money - which seems to be the case.

If that is not true, please show me the evidence.
  4. itsallgood

itsallgood New Member

MLM's are not dead...The model is proven and will continue to work and has worked for along time. The problem is W-O-R-K...

Most MLM's promise the sweet life without being real upfront about the work involved to get it off the ground. The other problem is you should not put all your eggs in one basket...MLM's tend to come and go and so do downlines....when the wind blows on a new company, you can lose your income overnight....

I think the key is finding a company that promotes the Product first and is something you love....If someone leads with compensation, then it is usually a sure bet that it wont work out...

Its all Good
  5. Aaronbiz

Aaronbiz New Member

TJMoneyMan,

.....itsallgood has touched on a couple of good points.

1. MLM requires W-O-R-K...real work.
    2. You must love the Product.

Also, how many years has the MLM been operating? Is there a sound training and management structure in place?

For the majority who run their MLM interests part-time around their jobs it is not get rich tomorrow, next week or even next year.

But if you can stand back and say that you have followed a consistent plan of action say for 90 days at the end of those 90 days you should have noticed some activity. (Assuming you have allocated 2hours per day after your day job).

Is any one doing this ???

Aaron Riddell
  6. BillChechel

BillChechel New Member

MLM,Network Marketing and Direct sales companies are far from dead. A great guy to listen on this is Todd Falcone. He has some podcasts on this very topic and interviews some major talent that are still rocking it old school with minimum internet marketing.

That being said, he still advises you mix in "old school" methods with newer internet methods to market these types of businesses. Personal connection is what still drives this business even in this day and age. If you look at statistical data on this industry it has actually grown in numbers. So no it is not dead and will probably never be dead.
  7. WARRANTIES4LESS

WARRANTIES4LESS New Member

Interesting,

People have been saying MLM is dead for decades, and they were all wrong then, as they are now. It is not MLM that is dead, it is most products which are overpriced which is dead, or near dead.

MLM business model is alive and well as leverage is the only way for the average person to succeed in their own business, but make sure you have a product or service of value, and if not, it better be exclusive, verifiably so, and then you have a chance to see success. Without the above, MLM will not overcome the old school higher prices and inome hype which has given it a black eye for decades.

Good luck to all, MIke
  8. stellarlady

stellarlady New Member

I have an Exclusive interview with a former chief economic strategist for two US President -- who definitely does NOT think MLM's are dead.

Although, I do think people are getting a bit more savvy, and realizing that the comp plans for some companies are weighted towards the top players only (can anyone say Binary [​IMG]

So, if you are looking at this model, make sure it's not one where you have to have a huge downline before you see a profit.
  9. Greg82

Greg82 New Member

I think mlm has come to a cross roads. I agree that a fusion of both the old old school, warm market list of 100 people ect is still a effective way of building a down line however why not talk about internet marketing at your hotel meetings and give people the option and knowledge required to work both or either. That way people with a large ciricle of influence can bring the associates out to a meeting to learn about internet marketing and still build a business with out investing a ton of money and those with out and warm market still have a way to find prospects and succeed. I think calling leads is out. It s either new new school or old old school or both..
  10. Aaronbiz

Aaronbiz New Member

Greg82,

You have touched on a good point, why don't they talk about internet marketing at the hotel meetings?

Lets face it, most newbies going into their first MLM business probably could not handle the internet straight away (Unless you are young one).

We are given the basics, make a list, talk to friends and family, use the product, promote with testimonials.

It's a formula which works, but of course not everybody works in the same way. These people will try and fail or disappear or search out a way that works for them.

With social networking over the internet exploding someone will need to write a few new chapters in the MLM manual.

Aaron Riddell
  11. ChocolateBiz

ChocolateBiz New Member

There are in fact some challanges in the MLM industry. The fact that they pop up every day like the pesky Wack A Mole game damages the industry.

There is a risk and reward for getting in early to take advantage of the first wave of momentum or being the pioneer (you know, the ones dead on the side of the road with arrows in their backs)

But seriously, we belong to a truly great industry.

Warmly,

Jeff and Sandi

#1 Sales Team on Leader Boards

[Link removed - Admin]
  12. mreyn

mreyn New Member

there are people who make a DREAM living from multi level and/or direct marketing and have been for many years. Now, since it's gone to the internet , complete with automatic sites, etc. It's very easy to run , even for internet newbies. If you can get online, you can have your company sites work for you. I love the company I'm with and even though it's stable and solid with more than 50 years, they have new programs that are unbelievable!! We are experiencing global expansion and then when combined with the streamlines, car program etc., it's getting a lot of interest. Plus the products are still amazing with new added. And they're safe!! I think with these kinds of companies, some people think they just sit back and wait, and therein lies the problem with why they don't make money and become disillusioned. this is a business, and does need to be treated as such.
  13. mdotwhite

mdotwhite Guest

Yeah, I agree. MLM's are great way to earn income. Successful MLMer's have to work hard and stay focused on the long term outcome rather than the short term. I couldn't do it, so I got involved with direct sales.
  14. WARRANTIES4LESS

Interesting,

I have already benefited from the recession as more and more real estate and mortgage brokers are signing on every day, so this is going to be a great year.

Good luck to all, Mike
  15. PMHayes

PMHayes New Member

WARRANTIES4LESS: I have already benefited from the recession as more and more real estate and mortgage brokers are signing on every day, so this is going to be a great year.
    Mike, would you care to share with me how you approach those professionals? How do you know if one is ready to make a change? I have been thinking about that group for some time now, they are taking a beating, for sure. I don't speak or understand their lingo, I'm in the medical field, a Respiratory Therapist. I don't personally know anyone in mortgage lending or real estate, but i am willing to learn how to approach them

This brings up a whole nother (can u tell i am a southerner) group of people to talk to, professionals in banking, real estate, sales and marketing. I'm not one of them, but I ought to be able to market to them. Any suggestions how to cross that bridge?

Mitch
  16. tbadly

tbadly New Member

MLMs exist as an alternative distribution method for products. Traditional distribution requires a lot of money be spent securing placement in retail outlets and/or a lot of advertising dollars be spent building demand for the product.

MLMs simply use a network of distributors to replace retail distributors and large advertising budgets. That is where the commissions come from. Therefore, MLMs provide a valid distribution channel and will always be around.
  17. WARRANTIES4LESS

Good question,

Any segment of the market that is being hit by recession is what you want to target. Real estate is obvious, as are mortgage brokers which are all hurting. I was in both industries, so yes, I do know the lingo, but I don't need to use it since this is all about economics of recession.

I approach them from an understanding they are both on commissions only, and with many mortgage brokers out of business, or losing their jobs, this is all you need to know. Most are listed on the internet or locally in phone books, so I simply contact them and explain my business, pretty straight forward.

Good luck to all, Mike
  18. Couchie

Couchie New Member

I believe that mlm will be around for a long tome yet.

Yes it does help if you believe in your company and product.

I also believe you have to have a good upline with plenty
    of support and training.

[​IMG]
  19. Aaronbiz

Aaronbiz New Member

PMHayes: Mike, would you care to share with me how you approach those professionals? How do you know if one is ready to make a change?
    Hi Mitch and Mike,

Your comments caught my eye. It so happens I was on a webinar conference call with Todd Falcone today and guess what ?

Todd also focuses on reality brokers. Pop onto one of his Free webinar which have just recently started.

Have a great day!
  20. WARRANTIES4LESS

Exactly,

If you are into the real estate market, then you know these agents and brokers are sucking wind after a strong housing run of over 16 years. Simply put, most real estate people don't sock away money when times are good, or they put it into homes, I know plenty of brokers who have several homes, but are now sweating bullets of housing collapse.

It is no secret some area real estate has dropped like a rock, CA, Las Vegas and FL as example, down 38% this past year, so imagine all those speculators which thought the housing boom would never end. We have not seen the bottom yet, and with 117 banks on the high risk of bankruptcy FDIC list, the worst has yet to come.

If you also know the mortgage industry, forget it, there are no mortgages being approved, even if you have good credit, unless you have 30% down. As banks have been enjoying the subprime giveaway jamboree for years, the you know what has hit the fan. Sadly, these greedy butt banks have screwed more people than any other industry has in history, and if you want to go deeper into how this happened, you have to blame the gov., Greenspan in particular for he was the main proponent of low teaser rate variable mortgages.

Simply put, 90% of those in real estate are in trouble, 99% of those in morgage industry are out of a job, so yes, this is an easily one of the best targets for your business opportunity given they are for the most part, unemployed, and most are professional sales oriented prospects, so this is a perfect combination and I have dozens who were open to my business opportunities.

I have stepped up my efforts even further and set my CallCash Auto Dialer to all the real estate and mortgage brokers, and have been overwhelmed with response, so if anyone is looking for a target market to explode your business opportunities, target these professionals before someone else does, you won't regret it if you have a good solid value oriented product or service to offer. All my businesses are free to start, value based and they sell themselves when you get in front of a prospect, and in a recession, this is what people are looking for, value.

Happy Prospecting to all, Mike