Are online jobs reliable?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by harit, Jun 13, 2011.

1. harit New Member

I am working under an organization, but i thought of quitting the job as soon as possible. On moving further i like to jump into online jobs. But i need to clarify whether online job boards are reliable now a days. Is it worth to work on online jobs? and how much we can earn through this? Please help me with clarifying my doubts.
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

finding online 'jobs' is almost impossible unless you want to work for about a dollar an hour. There are some writing jobs that pay good once you have a clientelle but it is a learning curve just like anything else.

If you want to learn about affiliate marketing and some things in that line, you will be able to make money with time, but don't quit your job yet! There are people that make great incomes with the internet but it didn't happen overnight.
    [IMG]
  3. harit New Member

I'm interested in writing. Apart from affiliate is there any other online works?
  4. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Have you checked out the wahm.com/forum? There are quite a few writers over there that write for a living.
  5. Thiya New Member

Yes, Just visited that site. But it creates a feel like it is only for women. Is it?
  6. mountainmom5 Gold Member

well yeah, there ARE a lot of women on there...[IMG] but hey, who says a guy can't still pick up some jobs or writing deals? [IMG]
  7. talfighel Silver Member

There may be JOBS online but if it came down to paying them a fee, just know that it is not really a job after all.
  8. Stephen Hanover New Member

harit, your success at online jobs depends in part on the skills and experience you bring to the table. Reliability of job board offerings runs the gamut from scam to Fortune 500, so you have to do your own research, such as on bbb.org and ftc.gov or here on this forum.

You seem to want an online job from a regular employer. Again, that depends on what kind of job you are looking for and what company. You may consider freelance work also, or building your own business. Freelance work gets better in time once you develop a large and fairly regular clientele base. Your own business, such as affiliate or mlm's, will take time and may fail. By time developing your own business, I mean possibly years.

Echoing talfiqhel, a regular employer should not ask for a fee from you in order for you to get hired to work for pay. Fees, if any, are for other reasons, and the purpose should be clear.
  9. snp711 New Member

I dont agree with you...

I started an online job (or better yet not really an online job)...

Some of the online jobs make you pay to be a member of their distribution. If they make you pay just to learn about it, its def fake. I have been with Fortune Cookie Promotions for 6 months. Im very happy but it took about 6 years of guessing games with over 10 fraudulent home based businesses.

I cant say everything is fraudulent, its more meant to make you fail...
  10. yahia Member

I wouldn't rely on that for living, so no don't quit your job to look for one online. Your job is most probably paying you what you'll never make from an online job.

Freelance jobs (per task) is what's available now like writing, programing, being a virtual assistant ... and you can not survive on your income from those right off the bat.

To keep it short; keep your job and don't quit it until you are making online at least twice what you make from your day job, and you have a reserve to support you and your family for at least 2 years.

I've been there and this is my advice.
  11. Honey890 New Member

I'd quit my job if the online job has more to offer. Right now I'm freelancing - doing part-time jobs online while having an office-based job. Odesk, elance, freelancer, etc. are some of the outsourcing sites I have worked. So far, it's good thought it's really a high paying job because of the fierce competition.
  12. talfighel Silver Member

I think more and more people realize that these so called JOB OPPORTUNITIES that are online are fake and are not real.

Some of them like Elance that pay you for article if I am not mistaken, this is a great way to make money without the investment.